Sabres Fan Schadenfreude

IKnowPhysics

That's not a "true fan experience" I ever want to be a part of. As a Sabres fan I have great respect for teams like the Bruins and Penguins. As a Red Sox fan I have great respect for a franchise like the New York Yankees. As A Bills fan I have great respect for the New England Patriots. I also have great respect for the great sports cities like New York, Boston and Chicago. I have no need or desire to put other sports teams or cities down to distract from where my teams are at the moment. I don't need to rail on other fan bases or manufacture league wide conspiracy as so many here do. We here claim to be among the best and most knowledgeable hockey.sports fans around. We can't be if we continue as a group to allow our jealousies and inferiority complex rule the day. We should as a group be better than this. It's drags the board as a whole down to a level which is extremely unflattering.

"Troll" apparently now means those who drive conversations in a direction that a poster disagrees with. It is a tool used by those who are incapable of effectively countering an argument. It's the John Scott of posting, ineffective and lacking of any skill.

I believe what you're experiencing is "being wrong" or maybe "being disagreed with strongly by nearly every member of the board."

If you are above hating a bitter rival, then you're missing out on a huge part of the true fan experience. Or you're just trolling.

Nailed it. I have a bunch of close friends who are Boston fans. None of them seem to get butt hurt when I spew bile about their team.

Edited by qwksndmonster

"Troll" apparently now means those who drive conversations in a direction that a poster disagrees with. It is a tool used by those who are incapable of effectively countering an argument. It's the John Scott of posting, ineffective and lacking of any skill.

Don't forget...using the word "narrative", as well.....

I think the "whole board" has disagreed with Deluca and PA for almost the past 7 years.....yet here we are....with a point total closer to zero than the President's Trophy.....

That's not a "true fan experience" I ever want to be a part of. As a Sabres fan I have great respect for teams like the Bruins and Penguins. As a Red Sox fan I have great respect for a franchise like the New York Yankees. As A Bills fan I have great respect for the New England Patriots. I also have great respect for the great sports cities like New York, Boston and Chicago. I have no need or desire to put other sports teams or cities down to distract from where my teams are at the moment. I don't need to rail on other fan bases or manufacture league wide conspiracy as so many here do. We here claim to be among the best and most knowledgeable hockey.sports fans around. We can't be if we continue as a group to allow our jealousies and inferiority complex rule the day. We should as a group be better than this. It's drags the board as a whole down to a level which is extremely unflattering.

Stay classy San Diego!

There really was a time when your posts were worth reading.

I think the "whole board" has disagreed with Deluca and PA for almost the past 7 years.....yet here we are....with a point total closer to zero than the President's Trophy.....

If only we had traded all of the picks in the world for Torts and Luchik!

Those who fear I'm trying to silence their viewpoint by calling them a troll, please reread my statement. I do not doubt your sincerity. I believe you to be honest and genuine in your contrarianism. I believe that contrarianism is the truest reflection of your real sabres worldview. Don't stop being true, wherever you go, what ever you do, there is no one around who is you-er than you.

If you are above hating a bitter rival, then you're missing out on a huge part of the true fan experience. Or you're just trolling.

Meh. Rivalry can't go one way — David wasn't Goliath's rival. You can manufacture all this false hate for Boston, Toronto, Philly and the like — I don't think those teams or their fans even notice the chihuahua yapping at their skates.

Edited by PASabreFan

Meh. Rivalry can't go one way — David wasn't Goliath's rival. You can manufacture all this false hate for Boston, Toronto, Philly and the like — I don't think those teams or their fans even notice the chihuahua yapping at their skates.

Toronto is 67-108-18 all time versus that "chihuahua."

We're not allowed to hate the Bruins for Boychuck two handing Vanek in the playoffs or for Luchik trying to take Miller's head off? All those feelings I had were false? Let me know when I can start having emotions again.

Good call. It's not like rivalries are documented.

There's been times when both teams in each of those rivalries have pounded the piss out of each other. You should be ashamed of yourself for willfully ignoring (some of the best and most meaningful, imo) Sabres history.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

We're not allowed to hate the Bruins for Boychuck two handing Vanek in the playoffs or for Luchik trying to take Miller's head off? All those feelings I had were false? Let me know when I can start having emotions again.

I don't hate those Bruin players for doing those things.

I absolutely hate every single Sabre for doing absolutely nothing about it.

Those who fear I'm trying to silence their viewpoint by calling them a troll, please reread my statement. I do not doubt your sincerity. I believe you to be honest and genuine in your contrarianism. I believe that contrarianism is the truest reflection of your real sabres worldview. Don't stop being true, wherever you go, what ever you do, there is no one around who is you-er than you.

i think he deserves a participation trophy.

And "agenda."

I was on board with getting rid of Lindy and Darcy before they were gone.

But not sure what this has to do with the comment I was responding to.

Okay...I figured out what you meant. You're content to direct hatred at the Buffalo Sabres. Fine.

But I was responding to this part: Fans bases like Buffalo's, that hate successful teams, and good players on other teams, come off as downtrodden people living in third world countries who throw rocks at the arrogant Americans driving past in their Hummers.

This is the part that I think misses the mark. Buffalo is unexceptional in terms of disliking other teams. I never want to see Boston win.

But I wouldn't mind having : Bergeron, Chara, Krieji, , or Lucic or Marchand in that order. (that's not to say they are available....but no way would I give 2 top 10 picks for Lucic )

Anyhoo......

I don't have HBO, so I never click the Game of Thrones thread.

Quite a cross to bear for our resident contrarians. Whether the Sabres are on cusp of the cup or tanking, its tough to be "wrong" when only one team can win each year.

I don't hate those Bruin players for doing those things.

I absolutely hate every single Sabre for doing absolutely nothing about it.

You know that completely insane right? It's like saying that a murderer shouldn't be hated but rather only the bystanders nearby. Do I hate that no one did anything, yes, but I also hate the aggressors for their dirty action.

I respect teams that deserve respect, Boston won't until they reel in their ridicules behavior and have to pay for their actions.

Quite a cross to bear for our resident contrarians. Whether the Sabres are on cusp of the cup or tanking, its tough to be "wrong" when only one team can win each year.

Cusp of a cup?

This is the worst franchise in the league....and some have been saying for years that is where they would end up while having to incur ridicule/insults/etc. Not by most, but by more than a handful. While I understand fans not liking rivals, DeLuca's point is very valid. It's that same fan short circuit that would have people attacking those who criticize the team or members thereof.

And the 1/30 thing is a cheap excuse. Here is my preseason post from the prediction thread. A bit more detailed than "Sabres BAD!...won't win cup."

That's the thing....you have people who semi-constantly praise the Sabres, mock people for their simplistic negativity of the team. This team has been in a straightline trajectory into the ground the past 7 years!!! It's like flying at 40,000 feet and yelling that the engines are on fire...and the passengers laugh while the flight attendants refuse to tell the captain. Then even as the plane starts to rapidly lose altitude....people keep saying, "we'll pull up any moment!!! You're so negative!".

I think it's safe to say that there were no survivors and the FAA is on the scene of the debris.......

Chicago and LA in the West, hands down. Maybe a STL can sneak in to the finals, but I think those 2 are the class...........In the East, Montreal is going to keep progressing. I say the Rangers and MTL in the east, with New Jersey being the surprise this year and my wildcard. Boston and Pitt will be competitive, but I don't see either in the Finals. Winnipeg is also a deep wildcard, but they either make a move this year or it won't happen..............The Sabres? Look at the lineup....every line and D pairing is a minus. Vanek/Hodgson/Stafford/Myers/Ehrhoff....ok 2nd..crappy 1st. Ott/Ennis/Lieno/Weber/Pysyk.....ok 3rd, crappy 2nd.........Grigs/Girg/Foligno/Tallinder/Risto......maybe a 2nd in 2-3 years....now? Then the filler.........Miller will be ok, but if things start going downhill early, he will lose focus.......Scoring leaders? I fully expect Hodgson to be injured this year, especially on the heels of a bad team come game 25-30 or so......in all honesty, I see both Vanek and Miller traded because I expect the team to tank early.....I'm guessing 14 points in the first 20-22 games........Ott for scoring leader. Sabres lucky to hold off Florida in the division.

Cusp of a cup?

This is the worst franchise in the league....and some have been saying for years that is where they would end up while having to incur ridicule/insults/etc. Not by most, but by more than a handful. While I understand fans not liking rivals, DeLuca's point is very valid. It's that same fan short circuit that would have people attacking those who criticize the team or members thereof.

And the 1/30 thing is a cheap excuse. Here is my preseason post from the prediction thread. A bit more detailed than "Sabres BAD!...won't win cup."

That's the thing....you have people who semi-constantly praise the Sabres, mock people for their simplistic negativity of the team. This team has been in a straightline trajectory into the ground the past 7 years!!! It's like flying at 40,000 feet and yelling that the engines are on fire...and the passengers laugh while the flight attendants refuse to tell the captain. Then even as the plane starts to rapidly lose altitude....people keep saying, "we'll pull up any moment!!! You're so negative!".

I think it's safe to say that there were no survivors and the FAA is on the scene of the debris.......

I read much more about the people that exclusively praise the Sabres than I read posts by these people. And Buffalo fans are never short on negativity, the positive people are just different kind of contrarians. You should get along fine with them!

Edited by qwksndmonster

I read much more about the people that exclusively praise the Sabres than I read posts by these people. And Buffalo fans are never short on negativity, the positive people are just different kind of contrarians. You should get along fine with them!

It's been a 7 year process. In years 1-4, attacks were fast and furious on those who dare question the ultimate exquisiteness of anything Sabres.

Heck, even when Pegula came in.....you were an antichrist to suggest the guy had no clue and things were about to get worse before they got better. He sat down with the Buffalo News in that audio....and people were calling right then in there....there was going to be big trouble. Same guys who called trouble still get mocked when questioning Pegula.

Maybe someone can front me $50K to produce a message board documentary and go through the last 7 years of posts, the personalities involved, and then interview the relevant parties involved. Get a couple psychologists on board....we can have a winner.....

Maybe someone can front me $50K to produce a message board documentary and go through the last 7 years of posts, the personalities involved, and then interview the relevant parties involved. Get a couple psychologists on board....we can have a winner.....

You see it is only a message board. Half the time I don't even bother to see who is writing what. I respond to the message.

Who's right been right all along? I don't care. If you feel you were right 5 years ago, or last month, or last week, I don't care.

On the reverse of the same coin - I'm not tracking whether you were wrong either. I don't care.

Whether you want Milan Lucic in some fictional trade or not....or a blue eyed Taylor Pyatt (that I seem to remember) :lol: .....I'll respond to it today, but i'm not digging up the history.

So the idea that you keep getting ignored by Sabrespace history is probably true. But it is true of everyone else too. You don't win, you don't lose.

But seriously, my memory is declining. I'm just not able to keep track. If I can't keep track, please don't take it personally.

But beyond that, nothing is less interesting to me than someones need to be right. It doesn't make for a very interesting discussion.

You see it is only a message board. Half the time I don't even bother to see who is writing what. I respond to the message.

Who's right been right all along? I don't care. If you feel you were right 5 years ago, or last month, or last week, I don't care.

On the reverse of the same coin - I'm not tracking whether you were wrong either. I don't care.

Whether you want Milan Lucic in some fictional trade or not....or a blue eyed Taylor Pyatt (that I seem to remember) :lol: .....I'll respond to it today, but i'm not digging up the history.

So the idea that you keep getting ignored by Sabrespace history is probably true. But it is true of everyone else too. You don't win, you don't lose.

But seriously, my memory is declining. I'm just not able to keep track. If I can't keep track, please don't take it personally.

But beyond that, nothing is less interesting to me than someones need to be right. It doesn't make for a very interesting discussion.

Pretty much my take on it too.

I'm wrong half the time, people rarely rub it in.

And when I'm right, I don't go "told you".

Live and let live.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.