Darcy's New Gig?

MILFHUNTER#518

Darcy's an ex-Sabre. Some care about ex-Sabres.

The whole fan base is built on nostalgia, it seems. How many years did we listen to people wanting to bring back Nolan? Many want to bring back random ex-Sabres as coaches. Then there were plenty of bring back Briere or bring back Drury posts when they were about to be moved by the Flyers or Rags. Or how about the posts about how "every player is better once they leave"?

Nope, we never say a single word around here about someone once they leave the Sabres.

I'm interested in where he goes. There was much speculation here whether or not he would ever get another GM gig or not.

This might be pretty close to it.

Darcy could build a winning team. He just couldn't seem to think boldly enough to build a cup winner.

I too am interested in where he goes.

I think the bolded part might be a bit generous to DR, though. He certainly built one great team, but he failed in the rebuild attempt when TG/LQ started letting him spend money in 2009, and he failed again -- and catastrophically so -- under TP.

If I were an owner of a perennially awful team, I don't think I'd hire DR to get them to respectability.

if you haven't noticed, we're also not in the playoffs, so talking about other news within the hockey-verse aside from the tiring prospect arguing is a nice side conversation.

anyways, best of luck to him. I wasn't sure he'd get that close to the top again at least for some time.

I don't see Darcy taking a big step down like that. As much as we think he's garbage, you'd think it's a matter of time before he gets offered a GM job. I mean, Lindy got work.

It's Eleven o'clock, do you know where your children are?

I don't see Darcy taking a big step down like that. As much as we think he's garbage, you'd think it's a matter of time before he gets offered a GM job. I mean, Lindy got work.

I don't think this is fair to Lindy. Darcy was a far worse GM than Lindy was a coach. Far worse.

Guest Sloth

The team will get smaller. They won't be able to compete in the playoffs. DR will overvalue mediocre wingers and he won't draft a center but once every 5-7 years.

Agreed. Darcy's approach will get destroyed in the West.

There's a big difference in quality between Lindy Ruff and Darcy Regier. I don't think anyone around here was questioning if Lindy was going to get a job, it was more how quickly. There were (and still are) serious questions over whether Darcy Regier will ever be a GM again.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet..I really hope the Caps hire him. It will be great to see what he can do with no Budgetary constrai...... :doh:

Oh wait...nevermind.. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

One positive, in 2-3 years...the tickets might be cheaper here in DC so I can watch my beloved Sabres when they come to town.. :worthy:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.