First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Anyone know if we have a rooting interest in any of these games based on draft pick positions? I don't think so, but am too lazy to look it up.

There's a decent chance we end up with the Wild pick so we don't want them making it to the Conference finals.

One of the flyers just pulled a Lucic with his stick gettin intimate with a Rangers balls in front of the Philly net. Dirty bastard.

I swear to Allah if anyone ever does that to me in a game, I'm going to rip their helmet off, bust four of their teeth out, then wear them like trophies on a necklace.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This game got good. The only thing that would make it better is... beer.

Just went out and grabbed some. ;)

I think the Rangers hold on 2-1 to snag an empty netter at the end to make it 3-1, King Henrik is going to win this one for them.

I'm much more excited for the Colorado game anyways, and to see if the Sharks can avoid being what we thought they were

Weird that when the puck got stuck to the outside of the net, the faceoff came outside the blue line. I don't understand why that is the rule.

If the offensive team was last to touch puck before it gets stuck, face off moves outside the zone.

The Legion of Doom is done! Now to focus the mojo against Boston.

Oh, and for the "who do you hate" thing, in no particular order:

Boston, Filly, Ottawa, all teams south of the Mas.-Dix. line except St. Louis, and whichever of PIttsburgh-Rags is more likely to collapse and upset their fans.

The last rule operated tonight; I wanted Filly to win just to watch the Rags fans get all upset. When it's two teams that I hate, that's the tie-breaker.

That was fun. Kings - Sharks next on NBCSN. Puck just dropped in the Avs - Wild game on CNBC.

I'm all over that Wild game for the first, but then, ugh, early morning tomorrow. But I will have a tele-watch thing with a friend from Saint Paul on the phone, so that's cool.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.