GDT: New York Islanders at Buffalo 4-13-14 at 5:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

26C thank you for your amazing GDT's . I hope to see them again next year.

26CB,

I have voiced my appreciation all season for your efforts on the GDT. A bright spot in a crappy season.

I nominate 26CB to be the go to person for next season's GDT.

The season is over tonight at around 8:00 PM (officially, that is).

Then the fun can begin.

Is there a trade freeze during the playoffs for the teams not involved in that marathon?

I hope for a great effort and a win, why not?

As always ...

GO SABRES!!

Wow he is big. And he looks like a rural kind of Miller. When he is as good, sign him and let him stay.

@26: Great job this season . BIG THANK YOU!

@Leino not scratched: No fu**ing way. I do not want to see him in a Sabres jersey again. Ever!

Thanks Guys!

@DaveDavisHockey: The Sabres need 4 goals today vs. the Islanders to avoid being the @NHL's worst scoring team, in terms of goals per game, since 1936.

My goodness. I know the sabres want best player available but I just cannot justify why we'd pick ekblad with this kind of futility. We have forward depth in the ranks what we need is top end skill and finishing and the only way to get that (most the time) is this high up in the draft

@SabresPR

The Buffalo Sabres have recalled Mark Pysyk, Nicolas Deslauriers and Andrey Makarov from the Rochester Americans (AHL).

04/13 – NEWS: SABRES RECALL TRIO FROM ROCHESTER (Sabres.com)

The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled defenseman Mark Pysyk, forward Nicolas Deslauriers and goaltender Andrey Makarov (mah-KAHR-rahv) from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis.

Pysyk (1/11/92, 6'1", 193 lbs) joins the Sabres for his third recall of the year and fourth stint in Buffalo this season after beginning the 2013-14 season with the team. He has appeared in 43 games with the Sabres this season, recording seven points (1+6). While playing with the Amerks in 2013-14, Pysyk has notched 12 points (1+11) through 29 games played.

Since being drafted by the Sabres in the first round (23rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, he has played in 62 career NHL games over two seasons, tallying 12 points (2+10).

Deslauriers (6’1”, 230 lbs., 2/22/91) was acquired by the Sabres on March 5 as part of a trade with the Los Angeles Kings and is being called up to the NHL for the second time since joining the organization. During his first stint with Buffalo, he appeared in 16 games and notched his first NHL goal on April 4. With Rochester, he appeared in two games and registered an assist.

Prior to being acquired by the Sabres, he led the Manchester Monarchs, the AHL affiliate of the Kings, in goals (18) and shots (217) and has totaled 40 points (18+22) through 62 games in his first professional season as a forward.

Makarov (4/20/93, 6'1", 180 lbs) joins the Sabres for his second career NHL recall after being signed by Buffalo as an undrafted free agent in 2012. Since being recalled by the Amerks from the ECHL on March 17, Makarov has appeared in eight games for Rochester, posting a 5-3-0 record and registering a 2.49 goals-against average and .919 save percentage.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't understand the re-call of Makarov.

Let's face it the Amerks are in the playoff hunt. The Sabres have a game that is not important at all.

Let Makarov play for the Amerks and give Vinz that backup job again. What could happen...

a) Nothing. Knapp plays the game and Vinz is not needed

b) Knapp gets hurt and Vinz has to play.

Who cares if b) happens. This game is not important whatsoever. From a Sabres standpoint it should be way more important at the moment that the Amerks make the playoffs and that the Sabres prospects grow in a playoff series than having a backup goaltender who really is a goaltender.

I know I am probably the only one with the opinion but hell right now it doesn't matter if the Sabres win tonight or not.

Edited by Peppy22

@DaveDavisHockey: The Sabres need 4 goals today vs. the Islanders to avoid being the @NHL's worst scoring team, in terms of goals per game, since 1936.

My goodness. I know the sabres want best player available but I just cannot justify why we'd pick ekblad with this kind of futility. We have forward depth in the ranks what we need is top end skill and finishing and the only way to get that (most the time) is this high up in the draft

If the Sabres took Ekblad as BPA they could always trade him

Let's face it the Amerks are in the playoff hunt. The Sabres have a game that is not important at all.

Let Makarov play for the Amerks and give Vinz that backup job again. What could happen...

Who cares if b) happens. This game is not important whatsoever. From a Sabres standpoint it should be way more important at the moment that the Amerks make the playoffs and that the Sabres prospects grow in a playoff series than having a backup goaltender who really is a goaltender.

I know I am probably the only one with the opinion but hell right now it doesn't matter if the Sabres win tonight or not.

I think they are required to use the emergency recall process with Amerks players.

This. And Pysyk should have stayed down as well.

Amerks in the playoffs is what the organization needs most at the moment.

This is true, at this point throw a couple jerseys on the equipment guys, why risk injury to players that could help the Amerks in the playoffs.

I've never seen a team that was down to its 5th and 6th goaltenders after choices 1 through 4 got hurt. On top of that this team will almost certainly set the modern record for offensive futility. This season can't end soon enough. ...I sure hope Tim Murray knows what the hell he is doing!

I agree with the fact that it's much better for the organization if he was playing in Rochester today and I don't really understand it. My only counter would be that it's every players dream to play in the NHL...who knows if Makarov will ever make it there down the road. This could be his only chance to accomplish his dream, and he's more than earned the opportunity. We've had 9 different goaltenders all year or something like that. It's his turn now so maybe they think it wouldn't be fair to him to deny him this opportunity

It'll be nice when this game is over. The real season begins for me and I'm sure for most on this board with the Lottery, draft and offseason where TM can really start to put his stamp on this team. Let the housecleaning begin. Hopefully when the dust settles we'll have a better idea of a team identity moving forward. Its pretty exciting if you ask me. Crawling from the wreckage of this trainwreck of a season and looking forward. Who needs a friggin rear view mirror.

With that being said, GO SABRES ! We need this win.

I couldn't say it better myself. And it doesn't even have to be Vinz. There are ECHL guys that could be signed to a one-day deal.

I've never seen a team that was down to its 5th and 6th goaltenders after choices 1 through 4 got hurt. On top of that this team will almost certainly set the modern record for offensive futility. This season can't end soon enough. ...I sure hope Tim Murray knows what the hell he is doing!

They need 4 goals to tie Tampa for the worst since 1936.

I think they are required to use the emergency recall process with Amerks players.

That's the only excuse I could understand. That the Sabres are forced to recall a goalie from there AHL affiliate and that they cant just sign a different guy instead.

As others have said I will add my appreciation to you 26. I appreciate not only the gdt info but the up to the minute tweets and news in other threads. Hopefully you are up for it again next year. This should be an exciting offseason which begins in a few hours. I've enjoyed our discussions this year. I hope everyone enjoys their summer!

Although a relative newbie to the boards, I would also like to pass along appreciation and regards to 26. I have watched every game this year and started every game day with his game day thread. Thank you.

Even if he doesn't know what he's doing, it's not like the team has anywhere to go but up :P

As others have said I will add my appreciation to you 26. I appreciate not only the gdt info but the up to the minute tweets and news in other threads. Hopefully you are up for it again next year. This should be an exciting offseason which begins in a few hours. I've enjoyed our discussions this year. I hope everyone enjoys their summer!

Although a relative newbie to the boards, I would also like to pass along appreciation and regards to 26. I have watched every game this year and started every game day with his game day thread. Thank you.

Thanks for the GDTs, 26cb. A light in the darkness!

Must win. :lol:

Thanks for your efforts this year, 26CB.

Oh and I'm fully expecting a hat trick from Leino tonight, haha

Very much appreciated men. :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.