GDT: Buffalo at Vancouver 3-23-14 at 8:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

I wouldn't mind adding a high end goalie prospect in the second this year but I agree. Our pipeline looks great in regards to goalies and D. Now to go get those forwards!!!

There's still Ullmark who isn't even on this continent yet.

Did the Canucks change out all of their players during the last TV Timeout?

No, they remembered who they were playing.

That and they have Zach Kassian out there to strike fear in the hearts of every Sabre.

Anyone else see Foligno lay out Ennis?

Within a 10 second span I just saw Hodgson with 5 feet of the net 3 times. Can we dispel that myth already?

lol, 3 times within 10 seconds, what was he doing skating in a circle ? Your "#1 center" should not have less puck possession time than John Scott, that's just not a good thing, no matter how many circles he makes in front of the net.

It's not his linemates that have him hanging out around the perimeter and lobbing shots from the far boards, from the blueline or beyond and failing to take possession of the puck or carry it for more than 2 seconds. It's not their fault that the most physical part of his game on most nights is a half hearted stick check. Nolan complimented Hodgson's game when he's within 5 to 10 feet of the net, too bad he doesn't go that close to the net. No matter who his linemates have been they have doubled the effort that he's put in. Sure better linemates would make him better, but how about he tries to make the linemates he does have a little better. I hate bashing Hodgson because he has talent, but what good does talent do, if you're not going to do your best to use it.

All true. I wasn't forgiving his horrible play of the past month, just trying to interpret Nolan's remarks.

That said, I still say that he can succeed if in the right situation.

He's not a first-line player on his own, but (unlike, say D'Agostini) he can play with them.

Within a 10 second span I just saw Hodgson with 5 feet of the net 3 times. Can we dispel that myth already?

Yeah but Kassian has two assists.

Kassian was also really throwing the body around. He had like 5-6 hits that period.

Or 1. Yeah, proabably just 1. The same as Henrik Sedin. He's just as good as Henrik Sedin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.