Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Hold on everyone.... We are in 1st place in the division

Am I high???!?!

Last I looked, the Bills would have the bye in the first week of the playoffs too. I can't think of a better example of the perils of basing predictions on a small sample set.

The Chargers are the better team, I have no doubt about that. This game in San Diego and i would consider the Bills huge underdogs. Luckily the game is not in San Diego.

The Chargers are making the cross country trip and a physical game against Seattle in 110-115 degree heat. I can't imagine they would be fully recovered physically after just a week's time.

The Bills need to play a physical game against the Chargers. A steady diet of Jackson, Spiller and Dixon should be on the menu. If Manuel can take of the ball continue making smart decisions the Bills should win this game. Phillip Rivers is no Ryan Tannehill, Rivers will make plays and keep the Chargers in the game. Field goals in the red zone won't cut it.

Prediction:

Bills 24

Chargers 20

The Chargers are the better team, I have no doubt about that. This game in San Diego and i would consider the Bills huge underdogs. Luckily the game is not in San Diego.

The Chargers are making the cross country trip and a physical game against Seattle in 110-115 degree heat. I can't imagine they would be fully recovered physically after just a week's time.

The Bills need to play a physical game against the Chargers. A steady diet of Jackson, Spiller and Dixon should be on the menu. If Manuel can take of the ball continue making smart decisions the Bills should win this game. Phillip Rivers is no Ryan Tannehill, Rivers will make plays and keep the Chargers in the game. Field goals in the red zone won't cut it.

Prediction:

Bills 24

Chargers 20

Last week saw the re-emergence of Antonio Gates. And you know how well Buffalo covers a TE. Should be an interesting game... SD has to be viewing this as a trap game after humbling the 'Hawks and before the Jaguars at home.

Last week saw the re-emergence of Antonio Gates. And you know how well Buffalo covers a TE. Should be an interesting game... SD has to be viewing this as a trap game after humbling the 'Hawks and before the Jaguars at home.

I think their TE woes are mostly based on reputation and not this years talent. I think Aaron Williams, Danorris Searcy and Nigel Bradham are much better in coverage than Whitner and the parade of LB'S OVER THE LAST DECADE.

We already knew that team was a den of rats. After all, they practically canonized someone who plead guilty to obstruction of justice in a *murder* case.

Yeah I get that. I live here. I deal with it on a daily basis. However, the owner just and I mean just put out a message to season ticket holders saying he didn't know. And a few days later this article hits and says, not only did he know, they all knew. Pretty amazing to see the damage control going on in this town. About the only one that is admitting to the truth is the GM, Newsome. Should be interesting to see which heads roll. I've even seen calls for the owner to sell his team. Crazy.

This is more of a general Buffalo sports question. Any of you a devoted fan of another team that has not won their league's championship and seems to have bad luck and/or makes beyond dumb choices when the game is on the line? I've yet to have a taste of one of my teams winning it all. Hoping at least one of them can pull it off before I kick the bucket. Just wondering who else is in the same boat.

Also, I am only a devoted fan for one team in each of the league's I follow. Only have so much passion to pass out. So for me I have 3 to support. Sabres, Bills and Mississippi State sports.

Lost interest in baseball after the steroid scandal, and the NBA's style of game has changed so much since the Jordan era I can tell you almost nothing about it. Just not fun to watch anymore.

This is more of a general Buffalo sports question. Any of you a devoted fan of another team that has not won their league's championship and seems to have bad luck and/or makes beyond dumb choices when the game is on the line? I've yet to have a taste of one of my teams winning it all. Hoping at least one of them can pull it off before I kick the bucket. Just wondering who else is in the same boat.

Also, I am only a devoted fan for one team in each of the league's I follow. Only have so much passion to pass out. So for me I have 3 to support. Sabres, Bills and Mississippi State sports.

Lost interest in baseball after the steroid scandal, and the NBA's style of game has changed so much since the Jordan era I can tell you almost nothing about it. Just not fun to watch anymore.

I have such a weird connection to the bills and sabres, that I am sure all of you can relate too. No other hobby relates, I am beyond devoted haha. Win or lose I love to watch these teams play (win they win I am extremely happy, lose and I'm a little down). My parents were yankee fans and I use to love the mas well and I use to go to their games whenever I could. But as I have gotten older I barely watch them anymore or care much. I think its because they are not from buffalo (or the way they run their team?). BUt now I'm more of a general fan of baseball and don't root for anyone, which stinks.

But yea, when the bills or sabres win a championship, I think it goes for most of ud, but it will be a top 10 moment in my life.

Yeah I get that. I live here. I deal with it on a daily basis. However, the owner just and I mean just put out a message to season ticket holders saying he didn't know. And a few days later this article hits and says, not only did he know, they all knew. Pretty amazing to see the damage control going on in this town. About the only one that is admitting to the truth is the GM, Newsome. Should be interesting to see which heads roll. I've even seen calls for the owner to sell his team. Crazy.

I'm of the opinion that anyone who knew before punishment was doled out, should be fired or forced out (especially if they were slimy enough to beg for leniency). I have a friend living there who is a huge Ravens fan, and he literally will not talk football and hasn't made so much as a Facebook post since everything broke.

Edit: I'd like to amend what I just said: anyone who had a role in the punishment should be fired, especially those who only started caring when the public did. The second tape is irrelevant because it didn't take a video to figure out what happened in the first place.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

The orioles won the series when I was 11 months old. Notre Dame won the national championship when I was 6. I vaguely remember that. Since then, my teams are a combined 0-6 in championship games.

One of the reasons I brought this up is it seems teams Buffalo sports fans pull for tend to blow games that appear to be in the bag. I'm a big Mississippi State football fan. They had a 34-10 lead in the 4th quarter against number 8 LSU. Mistake after mistake almost cost them the game in the final minutes. 2, almost 3, td's were given up w/ less than 4 to play. One of them was the result because of bad snap w/ 1:40 to go. Final score was 34-29. Just felt like another Buffalo sports moment.

One of the reasons I brought this up is it seems teams Buffalo sports fans pull for tend to blow games that appear to be in the bag. I'm a big Mississippi State football fan. They had a 34-10 lead in the 4th quarter against number 8 LSU. Mistake after mistake almost cost them the game in the final minutes. 2, almost 3, td's were given up w/ less than 4 to play. One of them was the result because of bad snap w/ 1:40 to go. Final score was 34-29. Just felt like another Buffalo sports moment.

I caught that game, I'm a big Bama fan So I was pulling for LSU to lose, I quit watching in the 4th and put on the FSU game (not happy with that outcome). However if it was buffalo sports we woulda found a way to lose, not just a mini heart attack like the game last night.... It's ingrained into our heads because of the last 15 years.

A win today and a 3-0 start would shock me. I fully expect us to be in this game but lose when the final whistle goes. hope I'm wrong, just refuse to get overly optimistic yet

Yea, having Brown covering Gates/Green/Royal is a recipe for disaster. It's where not having Alonso really hurts...but still have to find a way to scheme to avoid it.

Hopefully, they have an answer for Royal.