Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

You know damned well you'd point out hypocrisy on here when you see it. Nothing to "man up" about, whatever the hell that means on a message board.

Hypocrisy would be if I was pissed that the Canes are tanking and call them out for it. Calling out a team playing a completely different sport whose draft is not similar and who is trying to win (versus trying to lose) while not having a first round draft pick anyways is not hypocrisy. Back the ###### off and stop being an ass for no reason.

Edited by Tankalicious

With a mediocre qb and scared coaching i never thought this team was gonna make the playoffs. Today was a pivotal loss for those reasons. Orton played well enough to win, though, that's definitely true.

It's just what happens when you're in the vast middle of the pack in the NFL, seemingly 6 games each year are coin flip wins/losses. I'd argue conservative coaching is worse for teams like the Bills because it just emphasizes the bounces one way or the other. When teams are relatively equal, coaching to keep things close and minimize risk is the worst, because then you're relying on the bounces to go your way and they're not always going to.

Case in point: Bowe fumbles twice on one play and the Chiefs recover both.

Hypocrisy would be if I was pissed that the Canes are tanking and call them out for it. Calling out a team playing a completely different sport whose draft is not similar and who is trying to win (versus trying to lose) while not having a first round draft pick anyways is not hypocrisy. Back the ###### off and stop being an ass for no reason.

Ahhhh. We're down to using your criteria for defining the conversation here. Interesting. Grow up, kid.

On that, we can agree. :beer:

At some point somebody in control has to realize that it's a culture thing and wipe EVERYBODY out. And DON'T let your ###### GM on the way out pick his successor (even if Whaley has been decent).

Orton may be considered to be an average QB. I don't agree, either way he has not been average this year, entering this game as the 4th highest rated QB. He is certainly the least of the concerns. Terrible play calling and decisions, timely turnovers and undisciplined penalties are the reason this team is 5-4 and not 7-2. If it weren't for Orton the Bills would be 3-6 right now.

This team has more talent and potential than any team in the last 12-14 years. There is no time for a another complete overhaul.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

You know damned well you'd point out hypocrisy on here when you see it. Nothing to "man up" about, whatever the hell that means on a message board.

Bills just lost a crucial game that hurt their chances at playoff contention big time. The Sabres were going to be terrible this year no matter what. We all have to watch the Sabres be terrible. Screaming and crying about "the tank" in every thread is so old. That's what man up means on a message board.

At some point somebody in control has to realize that it's a culture thing and wipe EVERYBODY out. And DON'T let your ###### GM on the way out pick his successor (even if Whaley has been decent).

This is what my brother was saying after the game today. I wonder if TP would do it after the debacle of doubling down on Lindy and Darcy.

Bills just lost a crucial game that hurt their chances at playoff contention big time. The Sabres were going to be terrible this year no matter what. We all have to watch the Sabres be terrible. Screaming and crying about "the tank" in every thread is so old. That's what man up means on a message board.

This is what my brother was saying after the game today. I wonder if TP would do it after the debacle of doubling down on Lindy and Darcy.

Meh. You talk about what you want, I'll talk about what I want. I don't go in the tank threads and defile them. And I didn't come in here intending to either. It's going to be that kind of year.

It's just what happens when you're in the vast middle of the pack in the NFL, seemingly 6 games each year are coin flip wins/losses. I'd argue conservative coaching is worse for teams like the Bills because it just emphasizes the bounces one way or the other. When teams are relatively equal, coaching to keep things close and minimize risk is the worst, because then you're relying on the bounces to go your way and they're not always going to.

Case in point: Bowe fumbles twice on one play and the Chiefs recover both.

The second fumble was after he was down by contact, so not a fumble.

To the bolded: I think we're coming from similar places here. I think the conservative offensive coaching in the first 8 games of the season facilitated weak execution on offense. Today in the red zone we called the right plays, the players just didn't execute. Their lack of experience in putting away drives was on display. The stat graphic on TV said that we were 29th in red zone efficiency. Blech.

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. I was emotionally invested in this game. Yelling at the TV in the last quarter. My dog thinks I'm nuts, but it feels damned good to be emotionally invested in a sporting event.

Please, Bills, don't make me walk away from all Buffalo sports this year. Keep me interested. Please.

The second fumble was after he was down by contact, so not a fumble.

To the bolded: I think we're coming from similar places here. I think the conservative offensive coaching in the first 8 games of the season facilitated weak execution on offense. Today in the red zone we called the right plays, the players just didn't execute. Their lack of experience in putting away drives was on display. The stat graphic on TV said that we were 29th in red zone efficiency. Blech.

I'm so busy being angry I honestly didn't recall him being down on the second fumble. Whatever, the first one still bounced right back at him, which is pure luck and more likely to impact the game when your coach makes decisions with Jauron's balls. Again I am right in my analysis! ;)

This is why I was upset with the Jets win, too many of the flaws from that game were here today. You can't leave that many points on the field and win. They just happen to Play a team slightly less mediocre than them.

Don't let Jeremy White know this, according to him the offensive execution and play calling in the Jets game was perfect and couldn't possibly be indicative of problems against better teams! :rolleyes:

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. I was emotionally invested in this game. Yelling at the TV in the last quarter. My dog thinks I'm nuts, but it feels damned good to be emotionally invested in a sporting event.

Please, Bills, don't make me walk away from all Buffalo sports this year. Keep me interested. Please.

You are still interested? Is it the winning record that is leading you there? Don't buy the hype. The record of the Bills opponents from their wins is abysmal.

You are still interested? Is it the winning record that is leading you there? Don't buy the hype. The record of the Bills opponents from their wins is abysmal.

No. It's the entertainment value. I'm not walking away from these games. If Nolan was coaching May, Ray, Barnaby, Boughner, LaFontaine, and Peca and losing I'd have a happier disposition in the Sabre's threads.

I was excited during the game even though I have no faith in the team this year. How can you not love watching that defense? The line was incredible today. Dareus, Mario, Kyle, and Hughes compliment each other so well. Dareus and Mario are freaks of nature. Unstoppable beasts. Hughes is the speed and Kyle is the backbone.

Lookout leodis making guarantees

Leodis McKelvin: Bank on Bills http://es.pn/10IGOLd -via SportsCenter http://es.pn/scappandroid

I was excited during the game even though I have no faith in the team this year. How can you not love watching that defense? The line was incredible today. Dareus, Mario, Kyle, and Hughes compliment each other so well. Dareus and Mario are freaks of nature. Unstoppable beasts. Hughes is the speed and Kyle is the backbone.

Because as soon as the defense leaves the field the offense is back on it