Moulson + McCormick to Minn. Torrey Mitchell + 2014/2016 2nd rounders

LGR4GM

2 2nds aren't amazing but they are far better off with Moulson than what Snow got for Vanek.

Vanek's trade was a joke lol.

So we ended up trading Vanek for:

a conditional 2014 1st round draft pick, a 2015 2nd round draft pick, 4 months of Moulson, 2nd rounder in 2014, and 2nd in 2016

Darcy Regier made some pretty freaking good trades, including the one that led to this one. His faults lie elsewhere.

Right. His fault was his pieces didn't work together too well. You can get a good player, but assembling a TEAM is, clearly, a different matter. This has to be part of the formula that we're not seeing in all of this activity. GMTM is trying to assemble a team, and it looks weird to us.

Seriously, q.u.e.e.r. is censored? God.

Edited by sizzlemeister

######

Right. His fault was his pieces didn't work together too well. You can get a good player, but assembling a TEAM is, clearly, a different matter. This has to be part of the formula that we're not seeing in all of this activity. GMTM is trying to assemble a team, and it looks weird to us.

Seriously, q.u.e.e.r. is censored? God.

yup it is censored

You would still think that the Wild will try to sign Vanek in the off season before they try to sign Moulson (at least that is probably what the average fan will think.) So perhaps Moulson will be available for the Sabres to bring back in the off season.

Of course perhaps the Wild are happy with what they see from Moulson in the remaining games and never care that Vanek would like to play for them.

Darcy Regier made some pretty freaking good trades, including the one that led to this one. His faults lie elsewhere.

I agree with that. He gets bashed a lot, but way more often than not, he did well in trades that he made.

You would still think that the Wild will try to sign Vanek in the off season before they try to sign Moulson (at least that is probably what the average fan will think.) So perhaps Moulson will be available for the Sabres to bring back in the off season.

Of course perhaps the Wild are happy with what they see from Moulson in the remaining games and never care that Vanek would like to play for them.

That is my hope. There is no secret that the Wild want Vanek and Vanek wants the Wild. That leaves us in no worse position than any other team in trying to sign Moulson. As I mentioned earlier, he grew up on the other side of the border, his parents can watch him play, he seemed to genuinely enjoy playing in Buffalo. He also grew up a Bills fan. I hope we try to sign him on July 1.

That is my hope. There is no secret that the Wild want Vanek and Vanek wants the Wild. That leaves us in no worse position than any other team in trying to sign Moulson. As I mentioned earlier, he grew up on the other side of the border, his parents can watch him play, he seemed to genuinely enjoy playing in Buffalo. He also grew up a Bills fan. I hope we try to sign him on July 1.

Plus there's the hidden bonus that by trading Moulson to MIN, we choose a landing spot for him that will probably not entertain much talks of re-signing him due to their stated interest in Vanek as a UFA.

Plus there's the hidden bonus that by trading Moulson to MIN, we choose a landing spot for him that will probably not entertain much talks of re-signing him due to their stated interest in Vanek as a UFA.

I doubt it was intentional, but I love how you're thinking.

Edited by Robviously

Exactly. My thoughts as well.

Would love to take a run at re-signing MattyMo this summer. He isn't that old (only 30) and he does the one thing that we need most: score goals. Seems like a genuinely good guy too. Plus, we'll have to spend some serious cash just to get to the cap.

He does seem like a good guy. I really hope we make him an offer and are able to sign him on July 1.

Damn. I guess it is time to change the avatar.

The thing that sucks the most is, the players I looked forward to watching are all gone now. And there probably wont be replacements worth my attention until after 2015.

It's probably a good return but I'm rapidly losing my excitement.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.