Moulson + McCormick to Minn. Torrey Mitchell + 2014/2016 2nd rounders

LGR4GM

What is taking so damned long letting us know what the picks are?

It's probably something akin to determining the conditions on a conditional pick

I would think they would rather buy him out and then sign a few veteran UFAs for 1-2 year deals to make the floor. Short term overpayment for veterans is easiest to drop once the kids are ready.

He and Stafford both

It's probably something akin to determining the conditions on a conditional pick

He and Stafford both

No reason to buy out Stafford. His deal ends in 2014-15 and he may have some trade value at the next deadline. Leino's contract is a $4.5M hit until 2017-18. That's too long for a useless forward.

So Leino is definitely staying then, right?

Tank Commander will not voluntarily abandon us in our time of need!

I still think he gets bought out just because of the term on his contract. I'd expect a lot of short term overpayments to happen in free agency to get to the floor, which I don't love...but Leino's contract is so bad it's not even an overpayment, it's undefined.

Tank Commander will not voluntarily abandon us in our time of need!

I still think he gets bought out just because of the term on his contract. I'd expect a lot of short term overpayments to happen in free agency to get to the floor, which I don't love...but Leino's contract is so bad it's not even an overpayment, it's undefined.

Our current cap position certainly leaves us with some fun possibilities come July 1st.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 1m

The Wild's draft picks coming back to Buffalo in Matt Moulson trade are a second-rounder in 2014 and second-rounder in 2016, source says

John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl

The Wild's draft picks coming back to Buffalo in Matt Moulson trade are a second-rounder in 2014 and second-rounder in 2016, source says

Ask and you shall receive! Overall the second rounders are meh to me. Basically getting back what we lost in the LA trade.

The goal is to draft Connor M. next year. As such, all goal scorers needed to go. Bye bye MM. Team needs to tank in 2015. That is the only goal here.

The biggest impediment to this overall strategy is the draft lottery. All we can do is maximize our % chance of winning the lottery. We can suck worse than any team in the history of hockey (which we well might) but still might not get McDavid if the ping pong balls don't fall our way.

The biggest impediment to this overall strategy is the draft lottery. All we can do is maximize our % chance of winning the lottery. We can suck worse than any team in the history of hockey (which we well might) but still might not get McDavid if the ping pong balls don't fall our way.

McDavid aside, that draft is supposed to be really hot, so the more first round picks and low second round picks the Sabres have for it, the better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.