GDT: San Jose at Buffalo 2-28-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

It would be baller to wrap up the trade, tell him that this will be his last game, then start him. Tell the team in the locker room before warmups. Then announce to the crowd at the start of the game that this will be his last game, and let 'em go wild for him.

It doesn't make a lot of logistical sense, especially in the injury risk/reward sense. But I don't know of it being done any other time in history in any sport, save for the last game of a season when a player is pretty much assumed to be a UFA.

absolutely crazy Miller playing in this game. If he were to get injured and thus make a trade not viable, this will go down as one of the most bone headed decisions made by a Sabre management ever. Fine start him give the fans in attendance opportunity to show their appreciation and then get him off the ice.

All this talk of injury is ridiculous.... Fine by that logic, don't let miller drive anywhere until he's traded for fear of an accident, and always have someone test his food before he eats to see if it's poisoned..... How often are goalies seriously injured, the answer is not very often (barring a lucic sighting).... Let the guy play until he is traded (if he is traded)

absolutely crazy Miller playing in this game. If he were to get injured and thus make a trade not viable, this will go down as one of the most bone headed decisions made by a Sabre management ever. Fine start him give the fans in attendance opportunity to show their appreciation and then get him off the ice.

Ummmmmmm boneheaded decision? Isn't every other team playing people that they are going to trade. I have never seen a team not play a starter in the week leading up to the deadline to prevent injury......

So by boneheaded you mean the norm?

I definitely think Miller should play his normal rotatation right up until he is traded, but to be fair to Millbank, he's not alone in thinking that way. I think it's been said here by some posters, and I read an article on sitting him after the Carolina game.

All this talk of injury is ridiculous.... Fine by that logic, don't let miller drive anywhere until he's traded for fear of an accident, and always have someone test his food before he eats to see if it's poisoned..... How often are goalies seriously injured, the answer is not very often (barring a lucic sighting).... Let the guy play until he is traded (if he is traded)

You knock on wood God Damit! Knock on wood!

Play him. Scouts from other teams want to see the product on the ice not kept on ice. There is a chance of injury but the same can be said for ever player they are shopping around. Play the game like it is business as usual. Take as much stress as they can from the players like Miller and let them do what they love and that is play hockey. Go Sabres!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.