GDT FINLAND v USA

Eleven

Quick has played well in this tournament , you do not reward him after a tough 1-0 loss , a shot at a medal not play him/ remove him . I they did this to me, I tell them next time around I not feeling well. get yourself another man. Goes were about U.S defense getting caught , not Quick faltering.

Quick has played well in this tournament , you do not reward him after a tough 1-0 loss , a shot at a medal not play him/ remove him . I they did this to me, I tell them next time around I not feeling well. get yourself another man. Goes were about U.S defense getting caught , not Quick faltering.

Wearing my 'Sabres glasses' I would have started Miller in this one. Realistically, Quick had to get this start for the reasons you've mentioned. That said, 1st goal was weak and on 2nd goal Quick had overcommitted to puck carrier. Throw in 3 'saves' by D in 1st period goalmouth scramble and there's probably some doubt in Bylsma's mind.

Quick never seen the shot. Would be shame folks put the boots to Quick now. They playing in game that most just want to get over, not get injured and get back home. No chance do these guys see themselves as bronze medal anything.

( i get the Miller bias of course. Mind you got to wonder if he wanted in this game. )

Edited by millbank

Quick never seen the shot. Would be shame folks put the boots to Quick now. They playing in game that most just want to get over, not get injured and get back home. No chance do these guys see themselves as bronze medal anything.

Even if quick hasn't been stellar, NOBODY can blame him when the offense scores exactly zero goals in almost two full important games now

Should have Bobby Ryan on the team..... Don't know what difference it would make, but I still think he belongs on the US team

...and Okposo, and Yandle/Byfuglien over Orpik. But hey, who needs offensive ability?

It boggled my mind at the time, and continues to boggle it, how the USA brain trust could leave so much firepower at home.

Perhaps, but Quivk was a good choice (at least until today). 3-0. Quick had no chance on that last 1.

Yeah that last goal isnt. But as someone said - the first was a weak goal, the second he way over committed and Kesler made a few big saves for him too.

The guy played 20 hours ago. He must be exhausted

...and Okposo, and Yandle/Byfuglien over Orpik. But hey, who needs offensive ability?

It boggled my mind at the time, and continues to boggle it, how the USA brain trust could leave so much firepower at home.

Truculence wins trophies.

GODD must be disappointed. His ideal team has just been shown to be useless in the two most important games

I wonder if the NHLers are in the 2018 Olympics if PLF has a hand in assembling the roster?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.