GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa 2-6-14 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

2 points and a +2 for Stafford. Not too shabby.

Stafford has been playing really well since Nolan took over as coach. Still not worth what Darcy is paying him.

How can Weber go from a +3 last season to a -32? Did he take a blow to the head to forget to play defense? Cut him loose and maybe he will find his game with some other team. The defense is in need of a talent infusion.

We need him as tank commander next season. We need McDavid!

Enroth played well, but I still think that first goal was a soft one on his part.... Not as soft as this teams collective cervix

Michalek put it right under the crossbar through a screen, not what I would call a soft goal. Enroth made a number of big time saves tonight, there's no way anyone can hang this loss on him (not saying you are).

The team that takes the ice next season will have a totally different look, IMO.

You don't want to be to much better next year the key is McDavid. He has been pretty hyped for some time now. Bad thing all these late season runs hurt this squad for the future. We could have been top 3 last year in a great draft class. Now we might be picking 1-3 in a mediocre class. It figures that's Buffalo's luck. We still need to endure one more $hitty season to get this team better.

How can Weber go from a +3 last season to a -32? Did he take a blow to the head to forget to play defense? Cut him loose and maybe he will find his game with some other team. The defense is in need of a talent infusion.

Was playing around with historical stats yesterday and the worst +/- posted by any player over the past 15 years or so was a -46. Weber has a good chance to eclipse that given his current pace of almost -1 per game.

Whoever they draft will still be in juniors. And most prized free agents ain't coming to a team in total rebuild mode!

you don't need prize free agents, you just need 3-4 vets to play here. Ott could be signed long term either now or in the offseason. Other guys can appear. If they draft Reinhart he will be a Sabre most likely next year. We have to see how the peices fall post trade deadline and post July 1.

Was playing around with historical stats yesterday and the worst +/- posted by any player over the past 15 years or so was a -46. Weber has a good chance to eclipse that given his current pace of almost -1 per game.

Problem not only is the defense but the lack of goal scoring! This team doesn't have many games with 3 or more goals do they. And when they do finally start scoring more the other team seems to put more in the net.

you don't need prize free agents, you just need 3-4 vets to play here. Ott could be signed long term either now or in the offseason. Other guys can appear. If they draft Reinhart he will be a Sabre most likely next year. We have to see how the peices fall post trade deadline and post July 1.

I still think whoever they draft will get 10 games or less and then sent back to their respected league. This is the new management style to develop these players. I don't know about you but as bad as this season is we have to be just as bad next year to have a shot at McDavid.

The thing i don't get with TN is he seems to have different standards for different people. Some guys have a bad game they are immediately in the press box. Other guys (Weber/McBain) can seem to do no wrong. Seems very inconsistent in that regard. Every coach has their favorites but his seem pretty obvious.

#nolanistruetankcommander

Hi, Ted? Yeah hi it's Pat. No I can't get you tickets to that broadway show. Remember how the Sabres screwed you over in '96? Yeah how'd you like to coach them again and lose a bunch of games on purpose to get back at them? Yes, I'm serious. Ok see you Saturday.

Hi, Ted? Yeah hi it's Pat. No I can't get you tickets to that broadway show. Remember how the Sabres screwed you over in '96? Yeah how'd you like to coach them again and lose a bunch of games on purpose to get back at them? Yes, I'm serious. Ok see you Saturday.

Then our new GM will offer you a one year contract. Yeah, it'll be just like old times. :lol:

Problem not only is the defense but the lack of goal scoring! This team doesn't have many games with 3 or more goals do they. And when they do finally start scoring more the other team seems to put more in the net.

I still think whoever they draft will get 10 games or less and then sent back to their respected league. This is the new management style to develop these players. I don't know about you but as bad as this season is we have to be just as bad next year to have a shot at McDavid.

I think we are just as bad or worse next year whether we try to get better or not. There is no quick fix to this mess.

I don't see how Darcy can ever get another GM job. This roster is abysmal.

Yeah, it is almost inconceivable how an NHL roster could be so devoid of top-level talent.

The plan was to bottom out. He enacted that plan with his boss's blessing. Then they canned him anyway.

Plus, if the Sabres become contenders again even somewhat on the strength of our last two drafts, it'll be hard not to give Regier some credit (not to mention the extra picks we have locked and loaded for the next couple drafts too).

I'm glad Darcy's gone and I don't want him back but it's tough to criticize him for having a bad team in a year where they were trying to have a bad team. Criticize him for having bad teams in years where they were trying to have a good team.

The thing i don't get with TN is he seems to have different standards for different people. Some guys have a bad game they are immediately in the press box. Other guys (Weber/McBain) can seem to do no wrong. Seems very inconsistent in that regard. Every coach has their favorites but his seem pretty obvious.

People always said that about Ruff, too. Remember, we don't get to see most of the practices.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.