Moulson likely out until after the Olympic Break with a UBI

26CornerBlitz

Well, that stinks.

Trade deadline is March 5.

There are 4 games post-Olympics and pre-deadline.

The sunshine and kittens view (hey, what happened to those guys?) would be that IF he can come back and play those 4 games and look hale and hearty, this could be a positive development -- because we'll still get in trade more or less what we would've gotten without the injury, and losing him until then increases the chances of losing the 4 games between now and the Olympic break, which helps the Sabres' draft position.

Also, he will be pushing hard to come back because this is his contract year.

Still hard to be happy about this though.

Edited by nfreeman

Let him rest up, come back healthy and sign him long term. He's a scorer in his prime who has shown good chemistry in the room and on the ice. Anybody they would get for him would be a prospect with "potential" when he has proven several times over that he can score in this league and has shown some grit and compete here.

Shane Doan is a B%$ too!!!!

So glad Shane Doan is having a hearing for his highly illegal slash that injured Matt Moulson... o wait Shenanigans if full of ###### and won't punish anyone who tries to kill or maim a Sabre, f##k us right?

Glad to hear he has to answer for this!! Not only did he slash Moulson on the wrist he was almost sitting on his head with his skate near his face well after Moulson had crumpled to the ice injured. Someone shoulda made him pay last night, he continued after the game with an idiotic interview. Edited by Bills12Sabres11

So glad Shane Doan is having a hearing for his highly illegal slash that injured Matt Moulson... o wait Shenanigans if full of ###### and won't punish anyone who tries to kill or maim a Sabre, f##k us right?

Ah yes, the same Shane Doan who was everyones golden boy around here that TP had to run out and try to sign cause he was the answer to providing grit and leadership

Basically he was the 2012 version of this years Callahan.....

If Miller has indeed told them he wasn't interested in resigning he should not play another game in a Buffalo uniform. I stated this a few weeks back that a simple groin injury is all it takes. Now if Moulson doesn't wake them up nothing will.

This is Buffalo. Plan for the worst because it most likely will happen.

If Miller has indeed told them he wasn't interested in resigning he should not play another game in a Buffalo uniform. I stated this a few weeks back that a simple groin injury is all it takes. Now if Moulson doesn't wake them up nothing will.

No teams bench guys they aren't planning to trade with in the next 48hours... NO ONE.

Which means his injury will occur during the Olympics.

No teams bench guys they aren't planning to trade with in the next 48hours... NO ONE.

They have 4 games before the Olympics. These GM's know he is healthy or he wouldn't be in Russia. I sit him until after the Olympics and agree to my deal with whoever for whatever during the Olympics. Within 5 minutes of the roster freeze being lifted i send him packing.

They have 4 games before the Olympics. These GM's know he is healthy or he wouldn't be in Russia. I sit him until after the Olympics and agree to my deal with whoever for whatever during the Olympics. Within 5 minutes of the roster freeze being lifted i send him packing.

That just isn't how things work. You possibly could sit him but Ryan is playing for the starting spot on the Olympic team. As an organization you owe it to him to allow him to show what he's got. I completely disagree with you, even with Molson's injury.

That just isn't how things work. You possibly could sit him but Ryan is playing for the starting spot on the Olympic team. As an organization you owe it to him to allow him to show what he's got. I completely disagree with you, even with Molson's injury.

You owe him an offer that most likely is more than he will receive this summer. My belief is they did that. He doesn't want it. If that is the case, and i am just speculating, then you owe him nothing. At that point you have to put the organization before the player.

Kind of like the employee who give you a two weeks notice. Who do you give the overtime to? The guy that is walking or the guy that is taking his place. This is a business. If he has no intention of being here you owe him nothing.

All of this. Wonder how many people will be either suicidal or homicidal now shuld anything happen to him.

EDIT: English thread. shuld shood have been should.

Edited by beerme1

This is obviously something that you cannot control, BUT.....

If Moulson now doesnt' get traded because of the injury and leaves as a free agent in the offseason, there will be some people who will hold this against Murray...right or wrong..his honeymoon will be over with about 20% of the populace.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.