Mr Ryan Miller....

spndnchz

Yes, you're twisting my words. And now you're spinning stats. When I prove you wrong, you just throw out more stats.

Damn, only three thousandths. Somebody deserves a raise. I suppose it would be too much to ask to use Miller's first four years as a true comparison since the rookie year has more bearing on the overall save percentage. But that would make Miller look bad.

You're still arguing that I think Enroth is so much better than Miller. Until you go back and read my posts, we're done here.

you have yet to prove me wrong. Ill wait.

1. No one thinks Enroth is better than Miller

2. Miller has been a consistently good to occasionally very good (Olympics cough cough) goalie over the years.

3. He gets fired up in Olympic years. It floats his boat.

There is nothing else to see here. Never has been. For the love of God, make it stop. Shut up, Sam. Shut up!!!!!!!!

Really? You sure we shouldn't spend 200 more pages talking this over?

It's a good thing we're all going to live 400 years or else these goalie threads would seem like an egregious waste of time.

Miller's trade value starts at a 1st and a prospect. Anything less is a disappointment.

Anyone disagree?

I agree, although the market is soft enough we may be disappointed by the calibre of the prospect.

Unless a team like Washington panics, he will be a Blue and we will get their first pick and a cap dump (Halak).

I just hope there is enough interest elsewhere to leverage a Jaskin or Rattie.

Armstrong is not going to sacrifice those guys easily.

And X., thanks for trying to get the thread back on track.

Miller's trade value starts at a 1st and a prospect. Anything less is a disappointment.

Anyone disagree?

Agreed. The quality of the prospect is what's up for negotiation, I guess.

We know St. Louis is interested. Washington should be interested; putting Miller on a good team with a legit offense is a scary thought for the rest of the league. (Not to mention any lift he'd get from finally not having to be the no.1 star on his team.)

I remain skeptical that Miller will yield a #1 and a good prospect -- not because he isn't "intrinsically" worth it, but solely because of supply and demand. And I would be very surprised if Miller yielded a Pommer-type package.

Needless to say, I hope I am wrong.

Don't worry I'll do your job for you

Using the same ages and any year they played at least 10 or more games

Ryan Miller 0.909 sv% in 126gp (2002-2007, minus 03/04 (too few games played))

Jhonas Enroth 0.913sv% in 68gp (2010-2014, minus his 2009 season with 1game played))

There you go. At the Same ages they roughly have a similar sv% with Enroth's being better. Miller however had played almost double the number the games. Take it however you want. Miller's consistency since 2008-09 to present is why he is considered above average and one of the best GT in the league. Will Jhonas Enroth (who is about to be the same age as 08 Miller) have the same consistency over the course of those years? I don't know but hope to find out soon.

Edited by LGR4GM

I remain skeptical that Miller will yield a #1 and a good prospect -- not because he isn't "intrinsically" worth it, but solely because of supply and demand. And I would be very surprised if Miller yielded a Pommer-type package.

Same here.

Most of what you just said there, I have said the exact same thing.......... repeatedly. Just like every other poster you want to twist my words in order to protect Wonder Boy. His 5v5 stats don't fluctutate much, but as has been pointed out, they aren't that good. He consistently is average to slightly above average for three years. His atttiude sucks. He is part of the core that everybody wanted to eliminate. Read what I have to say for a change and stop twisting my words. We might actually get somewhere.

For the record, over the last three years combined, Enroth has a better 5v5 save percentage.

I really don't want to become part of the argument but I can't let the "his attitude sucks" go by . His teammates have regularly voted him their MVP and constantly talk him up both publicjy, and privately in every conversation I have ever had with any of them and take it for what it's worth but that is not always the case when they discuss other teammates

I think Miller will be moved early - Murray doesn't want to go to deadline with a goalie, IMO. Values fluctuate too much for keepers.

Moulson, etc....he can hold until the deadline and hope for an arms race, especially in the West.

I think Miller will be moved early - Murray doesn't want to go to deadline with a goalie, IMO. Values fluctuate too much for keepers.

Moulson, etc....he can hold until the deadline and hope for an arms race, especially in the West.

I think Miller needs to go before his trip to Sochi. He could get injured in that tourney or worse due to the chaos and uncertainty surrounding these upcoming games. I just have an uneasy feeling about the games and what can possibly go down

I think Miller needs to go before his trip to Sochi. He could get injured in that tourney or worse due to the chaos and uncertainty surrounding these upcoming games. I just have an uneasy feeling about the games and what can possibly go down

I agree, but this is likely a reason some teams might hesitate to go after him.

I agree. Russia and there craziness is unnerving.

The blues got Magnus Paajarvi and the oilers second for David Perron.

I wouldn't be surprised if they flipped those assets to us for Miller.

Now that sounds more likely to me and my pessimistic mindset.

But Paajarvi doesn't really light my fire -- he doesn't address the Sabres' need for scoring.

Also, I think I'm still pretty skeptical that STL -- which is tied for #3 in the NHL in goals against per game -- would be willing to risk upsetting a really nice applecart by changing goalies.

It's worth noting that Halak had a huge playoff run for Montreal a few years ago, and that he's only played 2 playoff games for STL -- in which he was 1-1 with a 1.73 GAA and .935 SV%. Does Armstrong really see that much room for improvement in net as would justify giving up assets and making this change?

I don't think it's gonna happen.

Edited by nfreeman

Now that sounds more likely to me and my pessimistic mindset.

But Paajarvi doesn't really light my fire -- he doesn't address the Sabres' need for scoring.

Well, Paarjarvi is the same age (and a higher pick) than Zach Kassian and we all know Kassian still has upside.

And The Oilers second is practically a first.

So an optimistic would say it's not that far off a first and prospect.

Edited by dudacek

I love seeing things like "an early second is basically a first" when you'll also see "a late first is basically a second." Which is it? :P The top 30 picks are first round picks and the rest aren't.

So whoever has the first pick in the second round this year has an extra first rounder. :w00t:

You have witnessed the D or lack thereof that has been in front of him?

Like I said, it's never his fault. Only when he does something good, can we then assign the credit to Mr. Ryan Miller.

Me? I'm kind of thinking that if he was truly "elite" as so many on the forum seem to think, then Miller would have managed one measly little shut-out in the last 2 years, at least against a bad team or a team with a cold offense, of which we've played a fair number of them in that span.

Like I said, it's never his fault. Only when he does something good, can we then assign the credit to Mr. Ryan Miller.

Me? I'm kind of thinking that if he was truly "elite" as so many on the forum seem to think, then Miller would have managed one measly little shut-out in the last 2 years, at least against a bad team or a team with a cold offense, of which we've played a fair number of them in that span.

and yet Enroth is given a free pass on his lack of scoring support comment. I am sure if Miller had made that comment he woulda been roasted here by many.

Perhaps you recall the two 1-0 wins Miller put up the last time the Sabres made the playoffs?

Why in the world does a regular-season shutout for a terrible team in a strike-shortened season matter?

It's not the forum who thinks Miller is elite. It's not Buffalo or Buffalo writers. Its virtually every NHL fan, writer, commenter, etc.

It's not the forum who thinks Miller is elite. It's not Buffalo or Buffalo writers. Its virtually every NHL fan, writer, commenter, etc.

So... people who don't watch him play very often?

EDIT: I really need to make an offering to JoBu to see if he can get this trade done so that we can all get on with our lives.

Edited by Robviously

Perhaps you recall the two 1-0 wins Miller put up the last time the Sabres made the playoffs?

Why in the world does a regular-season shutout for a terrible team in a strike-shortened season matter?

This coming from the person that thinks 'wins' is the most telling stat for a goaltender?

EDIT: I really need to make an offering to JoBu to see if he can get this trade done so that we can all get on with our lives.

Exactly. Because every goalie has crappy nights and lets in crappy goals. Because we watch all the games, we see them, and if you're of a certain disposition, focus on those.

As soon as Enroth becomes the starter, he will become the #1 whipping boy. Then every loss will be his fault even if he losses five straight games 1-0. It might be to the board's benefit if Miller stays in BFLO as long as possible. :angel:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.