Eklund is at it again

thewookie1

Why? This is just wrong. There is nothing saying they can't sign Miller without a GM.

I think it weakens our bargaining position with him, which we don't want to do. Jumping at Gagner isn't worth blowing our shot with getting Miller back.

Alternatively it may tell Miller that he's not being challenged for the starting job I guess.

It would be stupid and Charles Wangish to make big moves over the top of your GM candidate . Trust the guy you're about to hire.

"About to hire..." and this is when? What if the person they want isn't available until the summer? Should they be hand-cuffed, then? Or should they compromise their plans/ideals because of fan-paranoia? Winners don't compromise...period.

I think it weakens our bargaining position with him, which we don't want to do. Jumping at Gagner isn't worth blowing our shot with getting Miller back.

The Sabres will not be calling the shots on this contract. This is all Miller. The Sabres have money and cap-room to spare, and if they're willing to spend it, which they are, then there is no negotiation. Miller is simply asked "do you want to come back?" And if he says "yes" then they ask "what do you want?" There is no other way, even before the Olympics.

Should they be hand-cuffed, then?...Winners don't compromise...period.

So the Sabres are empowered to sign Miller.

The Sabres will not be calling the shots on this contract. This is all Miller.

But the Sabres aren't empowered to sign Miller.

"About to hire..." and this is when?

If the person they want is not available until the summer, then someone has to make moves, and it'd be understandable due to whatever stupid/extenuating circumstances arose. There's no evidence that we're at that juncture yet, but there is evidence that we're avoiding that juncture altogether.

I am happy someone posted this...now I can ask...

Who the heck is "Ecklund?" Is he like that guy, "Incarcerated Bob?" Is he ever right with anything?

Does he work for a team? He has posted pictures with views from press boxes before, on twitter.

*The writing (spelling & grammar) on hockeybuzz is horrendous...WGR and TBN can be quite bad, as well.

I am happy someone posted this...now I can ask...

Who the heck is "Ecklund?" Is he like that guy, "Incarcerated Bob?" Is he ever right with anything?

Does he work for a team? He has posted pictures with views from press boxes before, on twitter.

Eklund has definitely been in press boxes before. Some scribes know who he actually is, but see no point in revealing it because he's just a blogger with no real inside info.

And if you google, you'll find who he really is, too.

He also says the Bruins want Ehrhoff...what would we be wanting back from Boston?

Thanks for the response, DStebb. :-)

"On the Bruins...They are saying they are set on D, but no one is buying it. Now I am hearing they have made inquiries regarding Sabres D-man Christian Ehrhoff." http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Rumor-Update-On-OReilly-for-Gardiner-Gagner-for-Enroth-Bruins/1/57038

Archived