Eklund is at it again

thewookie1

Here is a video of him...and the face does look like his picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLBI6p7qf-A

(*I also read that it is a "pen name" used by several hockey writers...Garrioch, Kypreos, McKenzie, etc. lol.)

Here are some interesting articles I found...

Hockey writers acknowledge Eklund's work...

http://blogs.edmonto...at-work-eklund/

How to become an NHL insider...The Eklund System...

http://www.onthefore...-l-u-n-d-system

* I highly recommend reading this article by Adrian Dater...lots of good information on this infamous "Eklund."

Adrian Dater reports on the "Foreman of the Rumor Mill"...

http://sportsillustr...uzz.nhl.rumors/

Who is Eklund?

"Believe it or not, "Eklund" started out not as a single person, but an umbrella pseudonym (in honor of former Flyers forward Pelle Eklund) for a Philly-area band named Grey Eye Glances -- an indie rock troupe whose other main passion was hockey. Several members occasionally hung out with players, and some purportedly had previous working ties to the NHL."

This website here chronicled every mistake Eklund made...especially the lies he told, like this gem...

"He stated to his fans that he met Shania Twain and she asked him out, but he refused."

That made me literally "laugh out loud." (Some of the stuff is hilarious.)

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/

And for the record, they found out...for every 1 rumor he gets correct, he misses out on 30 others.

He's got something like a 2.13% success rate, so far. I'm surprised it's even that "high." I know that a lot of reporters cite a need for guys like him to keep the talk going, and to give fans something to think about (which is why I go there). I have so assume that in his many years doing this and being in press boxes that he actually has made a few small connections somewhere.

I can't find it now, but there was one beat writer for a team that was the one that really outed Eklund by saying he had seen this Dwayne Keith Klessel guy in a press box after a recent game. Can't find it, still searching.

Ek has never been right about a single Sabres rumor. Ever. Not even once.

...so basically we know one thing for sure: Jhonas will not be traded for Gagner.

I think he was actually on Ott for Roy, but everybody saw that coming.

You beat me to it. I know it's Eckland but this one has legs.

Eberle - if they are even considering it - would require a a lot more than the Hoff.

Doesn't mean Ek's rumor has legs. This is a report about the possibility of trading Gagner and it doesn't mention Buffalo.

Doesn't mean Ek's rumor has legs. This is a report about the possibility of trading Gagner and it doesn't mention Buffalo.

I could care less about Eklund. Too much time is devoted arguing about the guy. I am simply saying that we need forwards and they need goaltending and defense. We can offer that. That to me would make me think we would have an interest.

I could care less about Eklund. Too much time is devoted arguing about the guy. I am simply saying that we need forwards and they need goaltending and defense. We can offer that. That to me would make me think we would have an interest.

And this is why guys like Eklund have a shelf life as long as they blog about teams with matching needs.

I've been thinking the Oilers are prime trade partner since the last draft.

Ott, Ehrhoff, Miller, Enroth and any of our young defencemen are exactly what they are looking for.

And any of their top six forwards are what we need.

I like that Sizzle is extremely persistent that the many many reliable scribes have no idea what they're talking about.

I'm sorry, has there been an announcement? Do the Sabres have a GM? No. Rumors are rumors. I see you're rubbing people the wrong way in other threads about nonsense; I guess I like that at least you're consistent thread to thread.

I'm sorry, has there been an announcement? Do the Sabres have a GM? No. Rumors are rumors. I see you're rubbing people the wrong way in other threads about nonsense; I guess I like that at least you're consistent thread to thread.

What I said isn't untrue. A few guys reporting this are not guys that miss reports like this. Especially Bob Mckenzie. Generally if Dreger or Mckenzie report it then it's going to happen.

I just think it's funny that I see you consistently denying it from thread to thread. It wasn't an insult towards you by any means. I was laughing at your persistence to mention it any chance.

Calm down.

So the Sabres are empowered to sign Miller.

But the Sabres aren't empowered to sign Miller.

Nice straw man. Enjoy talking to yourself.

What I said isn't untrue. A few guys reporting this are not guys that miss reports like this. Especially Bob Mckenzie. Generally if Dreger or Mckenzie report it then it's going to happen.

I just think it's funny that I see you consistently denying it from thread to thread. It wasn't an insult towards you by any means. I was laughing at your persistence to mention it any chance.

Calm down.

I'm not denying the rumors, I'm not in a position to do that. All I am doing is cautioning that the rumors may not be true and that it's ridiculous to carry on as if the rumors were fact. Those reporters are not infallible.

I'm not denying the rumors, I'm not in a position to do that. All I am doing is cautioning that the rumors may not be true and that it's ridiculous to carry on as if the rumors were fact. Those reporters are not infallible.

I don't think they're infallible by any means. Your post that I was referring to acts as if there are no reports in existence. It even acts as though the Sabres would be stupid to hire somebody now that there are reports that they are going to.

I don't think they're infallible by any means. Your post that I was referring to acts as if there are no reports in existence. It even acts as though the Sabres would be stupid to hire somebody now that there are reports that they are going to.

My post is acting that way, is it? Well, I better round that sucker up and give it a beat down for being so ornery.

But, regardless of how one of my posts is acting, the Sabres would be foolish to hire their second or third choice now to handle deadline deals, rather than wait to get their first choice later. If that's what makes my post act all stupid and stuff, well, then I can't blame it for acting stupid, I guess.

My post is acting that way, is it? Well, I better round that sucker up and give it a beat down for being so ornery.

But, regardless of how one of my posts is acting, the Sabres would be foolish to hire their second or third choice now to handle deadline deals, rather than wait to get their first choice later. If that's what makes my post act all stupid and stuff, well, then I can't blame it for acting stupid, I guess.

I don't think we have any evidence indicating that this process has been or will be rushed just to get a new GM for the deadline. The process has been going on for two months. I think it's fair to say they took their time to identify the candidate they wanted, and will hire accordingly.

That is a great trade. Except Erhoff + Enroth probably isn't enough for Eberle by himself yet alone the 1st round pick.

I agree it's definitely not a trade that will happen. This probably won't happen either but what do you think... Enroth, Moulson, Ehrhoff and 2 2nds in 2014 for Eberle and a 2014 1st(or possibly gagner)

I agree it's definitely not a trade that will happen. This probably won't happen either but what do you think... Enroth, Moulson, Ehrhoff and 2 2nds in 2014 for Eberle and a 2014 1st(or possibly gagner)

Moulson would be of no interest since he is UFA and probably never stay there. Any trade involving Eberle would probably need at least one of Pysyk, Girgs, Risto, or Zadarov. And more.

Moulson would be of no interest since he is UFA and probably never stay there. Any trade involving Eberle would probably need at least one of Pysyk, Girgs, Risto, or Zadarov. And more.

If they could get Moulson to re-sign as part of the trade(unlikely). I would think Edm would prefer a veteran defenseman whose ready to come in and contribute tomorrow(being locked up at a fair wage helps) rather then a youngster. They need defense now

Archived