Has the C taken away from Ott's game ?

kishoph

Before Steve Ott was named co captain with Vanek , i was worried that Ott being named captain would change his style of play from that hell raising hit everything type player that played on the edge to a more conservative, playing within the rules type player. Ott's numbers are far off from last year, but is that a result of him changing his game, or because the whole team is struggling ?

After 48 games last season, Ott had 24 points and was a +3, after 19 games this year he has 4 points and is at -9

Last season after 48 games he had 187 hits, after 19 games this season he's recorded 61 hits.

Before Steve Ott was named co captain with Vanek , i was worried that Ott being named captain would change his style of play from that hell raising hit everything type player that played on the edge to a more conservative, playing within the rules type player. Ott's numbers are far off from last year, but is that a result of him changing his game, or because the whole team is struggling ?

After 48 games last season, Ott had 24 points and was a +3, after 19 games this year he has 4 points and is at -9

Last season after 48 games he had 187 hits, after 19 games this season he's recorded 61 hits.

I think he's suffered the most from the loss of Pommers and Vanek. They set up a lot of his goals.

I also think he's playing hurt.

Ott has really disappointed me this year. the biggest part of that disappointment has been his stupid decision making. a number of times he has taken such horrible penalties when he is supposed to lead by example. Ott does not fit on this team anymore, and i hope they do not extend him. i just dont know if he has value to our team as a player right now. i say trade him for a teams high prospect a la clutterbuck for nino

If they do trade Ott (for the record, I hope they don't) that, by default, would mean the *C* would go to Stafford, just until he is waived.

The only alternate captain is Ehrhoff.

If we trade Ott, don't name another captain. Give A's to Pysyk and Girgensons for the remainder of the year.

The only alternate captain is Ehrhoff.

If we trade Ott, don't name another captain. Give A's to Pysyk and Girgensons for the remainder of the year.

Did I really need to use an emoticon?

We need one added to signify the *Sabres Captaincy Kiss Of Death*. That's the ONLY reason that I'd want Stafford named captain of this rudderless ship of fools.

Just another vet who "checked out" and should have no future on this team.

Yeap. I honestly would rather Steve Ott walks in free agency than us resign him. I STRONGLY prefer that he's traded, but either way I hope he's playing his final season in Buffalo.

If they do trade Ott (for the record, I hope they don't) that, by default, would mean the *C* would go to Stafford, just until he is waived.

Why wouldn't we trade him? What is he doing for this team?

Is there anybody on this team that everybody likes? Hell, let's just make it 60%.

I like pretty much all of the young guys. I don't dislike Miller but still want him traded. If you want to rebuild you do need vets, but you can sign some vets in the offseason to short deals. I'd rather have a 1st/2nd rounder that can help in the future then a couple years of mediocre play and licking of helmets from a guy like Ott.

Girgensons (A bigger Dixon Ward)

Pysyk (Darryl Shannon)

Zadarov (A bigger, more talented Rhett Warrener)

Larsson (I hope) (I think he's a dud...skates like a block of dry ice...nice effort though)

McCormick (Selling insurance in 2015)

Foligno (I hope) (ok)

Ristolainen (Needs a mentor, quick...gonna be ok)

Tropp (McCormick's executive assistant in 2015...nice effort though)

Stafford (hahahahaha) (hahaha)

We've won three games.

So, no.

Fair enough. :P

I like pretty much all of the young guys. I don't dislike Miller but still want him traded. If you want to rebuild you do need vets, but you can sign some vets in the offseason to short deals. I'd rather have a 1st/2nd rounder that can help in the future then a couple years of mediocre play and licking of helmets from a guy like Ott.

There's a fine line. And I think Darcy is close to crossing it.

Archived