So What Really Does Stop This Team From being Good

CallawaySabres

Maybe one day you will understand the sport of hockey.

Do you realise that theres more then just a goalie on the ice in Hockey and 5 other guys at a time out there that need to score goals and help keep the puck out of the net too?

THE LAST THING THATS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR THE SABRES FRANCHISE FOR THE LAST DECADE PLUS HAS BEEN GOALTENDING.

Ever since Hasek the Sabres have been one of the better teams in the league with their goaltenders, aside from maybe a few seasons of transition between Miller and Hasek

Okay, whatever! :)

Okay, whatever! :)

He's trying to say that the reason the Sabres have been bad for the past 7 years is not because of Ryan Miller not being good enough. They have been bad for other reasons. Ryan Miller has been 1 of if not the only constant good thing we have had.

He's trying to say that the reason the Sabres have been bad for the past 7 years is not because of Ryan Miller not being good enough. They have been bad for other reasons. Ryan Miller has been 1 of if not the only constant good thing we have had.

Amen! Miller has grown up over the years. He's a special breed. If everyone on the team had 90% of his heart, head, and talent....we have a playoff winner.

Also your Crusade against Ryan Miller has been noted time and time again. Please stop.

Whatever there big guy. I guess what irritates me is the "pro Miller crusade", that a lot of you think Ryan is the best goalie in the league and no way, no how could Enroth ever be better, because you and a few others have all the answers. Your crusade is equally annoying.

this sounds weird coming from you..... I thought you where part of the anti miller gang......didnt they go west side story gang look?

Not at all. And the sad thing is that I'm not opposed to building from the goal on out, as long as you have forwards who hustle both ways and hit. By drafting Ristowhoha, and Nikita....it's a day late and a dollar short. My biggest problem with Miller was the way Lindy used him. If he plays 60 games a year...then is semi-fresh for the playoffs....he can be a top 3-8 goalie. If you ride him all year he is an 8-15 type goalie.

Amen! Miller has grown up over the years. He's a special breed. If everyone on the team had 90% of his heart, head, and talent....we have a playoff winner.

If every player on the team were like Miller, Pegula would have to build another locker room, one with 20 corners for each one of them to have a place to pout.

Although, it would be entertaining to see 20 players, each trying to find a way to blame each other for their woes.

If every player on the team were like Miller, Pegula would have to build another locker room, one with 20 corners for each one of them to have a place to pout.

Although, it would be entertaining to see 20 players, each trying to find a way to blame each other for their woes.

Again, I'm no Miller fan, but I prefer someone who wants to win enough to act like a spoiled brat, over someone who doesn't see bothered much at all.

Call me primitive, but at the very least I appreciate his emotion.

Whatever there big guy. I guess what irritates me is the "pro Miller crusade", that a lot of you think Ryan is the best goalie in the league and no way, no how could Enroth ever be better, because you and a few others have all the answers. Your crusade is equally annoying.

Really?

As to your actual post, Jhonas Enroth could very well overtake Miller this season or once Miller leaves. I really like Enroth but going into the season there is 0, none, no, nyet, nein, way you take out a guy like Miller because your backup GT started 9 games last season. Does Enroth's stat line look good? Yea but again since the lockout I have watched every single season a goaltender (backup or starter) get hot for a stretch and 9 games is a stretch. You forget that if Enroth came out in game 10 last year and just tanked, say 3 goals in the first 10mins (it has happened to goalies before) that could effectively drop his sv% by .02% that is how unstable his numbers are. I don't think Miller is elite and I do not believe he is the best in the league. He is however the best goaltender the Sabres have this season and until I see Enroth more (which I think we will under Rolston) I leave Miller right where he is as a solid starting GT in the NHL.

And that is not me or anyone else thinking Miller is god, it is simply the reality of Enroth's body work versus Miller's. 1 final point to put this in perspective, Jhonas Enroth has started 45games in the NHL. Ryan Miller started 39 just last season. Enroth can be backup for another year and learn a little more and grow a little more. You should note no one seems to be talking seriously about resigning Miller because ppl actually have faith that Enroth will prove himself this year.

Lindy's gone so that's good. We're one mega-deal away (Vanek-Stafford-Miller to Edmonton) from being real good.

if that involves Hemsky... shoot me.

Again, I'm no Miller fan, but I prefer someone who wants to win enough to act like a spoiled brat, over someone who doesn't see bothered much at all.

Call me primitive, but at the very least I appreciate his emotion.

I love it when Miller flips out. Better than hearing Pominville mumble something about working harder and next time.

Not at all. And the sad thing is that I'm not opposed to building from the goal on out, as long as you have forwards who hustle both ways and hit. By drafting Ristowhoha, and Nikita....it's a day late and a dollar short. My biggest problem with Miller was the way Lindy used him. If he plays 60 games a year...then is semi-fresh for the playoffs....he can be a top 3-8 goalie. If you ride him all year he is an 8-15 type goalie.

damn it man why you gotta go and say a bunch of things i agree with. My world is upside down now. i am half expecting to see cats having tea with dogs now

Miller has averaged about 63 games a year over the past 4 years (excluding the lockout season), or about 80% of the games, which is roughly the same amount as he played last year.

His best season has been when he played the most.

Miller has averaged about 63 games a year over the past 4 years (excluding the lockout season), or about 80% of the games, which is roughly the same amount as he played last year.

His best season has been when he played the most.

Because of injuries.........the dude loses 10% of his body weight by April. You can physically see it turn him into a skeleton. I'm constantly amazed at the training/medical/coaching staff on this team. And we have the guy that invented the freaking Corsi Number here which was supposed to gauge the amount of work a goaltender gets, yet somehow year after year he allowed Miller to get run into the ground.

Really?

As to your actual post, Jhonas Enroth could very well overtake Miller this season or once Miller leaves. I really like Enroth but going into the season there is 0, none, no, nyet, nein, way you take out a guy like Miller because your backup GT started 9 games last season. Does Enroth's stat line look good? Yea but again since the lockout I have watched every single season a goaltender (backup or starter) get hot for a stretch and 9 games is a stretch. You forget that if Enroth came out in game 10 last year and just tanked, say 3 goals in the first 10mins (it has happened to goalies before) that could effectively drop his sv% by .02% that is how unstable his numbers are. I don't think Miller is elite and I do not believe he is the best in the league. He is however the best goaltender the Sabres have this season and until I see Enroth more (which I think we will under Rolston) I leave Miller right where he is as a solid starting GT in the NHL.

And that is not me or anyone else thinking Miller is god, it is simply the reality of Enroth's body work versus Miller's. 1 final point to put this in perspective, Jhonas Enroth has started 45games in the NHL. Ryan Miller started 39 just last season. Enroth can be backup for another year and learn a little more and grow a little more. You should note no one seems to be talking seriously about resigning Miller because ppl actually have faith that Enroth will prove himself this year.

See skippy, just like I said, you think you have all the answers, yet you really have none!

See skippy, just like I said, you think you have all the answers, yet you really have none!

I have had arguments with a lot of people on this board about a lot of stuff. I don't like some ppl's opinions for various reasons and yet I still read them.

You on the other hand add nothing to the conversation. You insult me with juvenile jests like "big guy" and "skippy" and are so arrogant it boggles my mind. That is why I am doing something I don't ever do, you are being blocked. I hope someday you learn some reading comprehension but I doubt it. I recorded a goodbye message for, farewell.

I have had arguments with a lot of people on this board about a lot of stuff. I don't like some ppl's opinions for various reasons and yet I still read them.

You on the other hand add nothing to the conversation. You insult me with juvenile jests like "big guy" and "skippy" and are so arrogant it boggles my mind. That is why I am doing something I don't ever do, you are being blocked. I hope someday you learn some reading comprehension but I doubt it. I recorded a goodbye message for, farewell.

You need to look in the mirror.

So back to Miller v Enroth, I think it should be really interesting to see how Enroth comes into the season considering his winning over the summer and to see Miller with the Olympics looming. I think Rolston will have 2 very solid gt going into the season and at least that is not 1 thing keeping this team from being good.

Not trading Miller before the season starts.

He's obviously past his prime now when Jhonas Enroth is outplaying him, and I may be in the minority with this opinion, but by not trading him while his value is still somewhat high really hurts us going forward. If Miller does what he did again this coming season like last, we're putting marketing and status quo over common sense. He's not Dominik Hasek... he isn't even the likely starter or backup in Sochi!!!! That's a big red flag right there!

http://sportsillustr...hi-olympics.ap/

TO ADD: The future is bright for Sabres goaltending, so I'm not buying into this "woe is us" if we trade Miller. Makarov is our future at the position, and Enroth and Hackett are the bridge to Makarov. I'm totally fine with it.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/andrey_makarov/

Not trading Miller before the season starts.

He's obviously past his prime now when Jhonas Enroth is outplaying him, and I may be in the minority with this opinion, but by not trading him while his value is still somewhat high really hurts us going forward. If Miller does what he did again this coming season like last, we're putting marketing and status quo over common sense. He's not Dominik Hasek... he isn't even the likely starter or backup in Sochi!!!! That's a big red flag right there!

http://sportsillustr...hi-olympics.ap/

TO ADD: The future is bright for Sabres goaltending, so I'm not buying into this "woe is us" if we trade Miller. Makarov is our future at the position, and Enroth and Hackett are the bridge to Makarov. I'm totally fine with it.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/andrey_makarov/

Jhonas Enroth isn't out-playing Miller. You can't just make things up.

More like "it's a new day" but I get your point.

GO SABRES!!!

Jhonas Enroth isn't out-playing Miller. You can't just make things up.

I thought the same thing. I'm as happy about Enroth's recent turnaround as anyone, but how many games did he go without a win over how long a period?

GO SABRES!!!

Harry Potter is a better Seaker than Draco Malfoy.... take that for not making things up

This made me bust a gut. My 8 year old is all over the Harry Potter series at them moment.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived