Breaking Bad *SPOILER ALERT*

qwksndmonster

I read somewhere that the ending is gonna be that Walter goes into the witness protection program and in the final scene he is shown waking up as the dad on 'Malcom in the Middle.'

hahaha nice one

I read one that says Walt's entire endeavor is just a highly elaborate scheme to get Jessie to learn chemistry.

There's also the one that asks what if it took place in Canada:

Walt: So, I have cancer?

Dr.: Yes...treatment begins next week, you're all set.

End of show

I don't think Walt has cancer. He's bullshitting. And oh my god that last scene gave me tingles. Walt was calm the whole time, and then "Tread lightly."

They showed him taking his chemo in the one scene. Plus if you watched Talking Bad last night they had Vince Gilligan on and he talked about Walt's cancer returning.

They showed him taking his chemo in the one scene. Plus if you watched Talking Bad last night they had Vince Gilligan on and he talked about Walt's cancer returning.

I fully believe Walt would take chemo to make his family think the cancer's back. Something was just so off about the way he told Hank that he's "fighting like hell."

That Star Trek scene was likely the last hurrah of Skinny Pete and Badger. And Spock is like "How is this Russian defeating me?"

I'm trying not to read anything here as I'm not caught up. I just finished season 4 last night. I'll admit, despite the fact that some here will probably shoot me, I wasn't really hooked until the second half of that season. I also think Walt is a sniveling little crybaby, not a badass, but that's probably just me, too, haha.

I'm trying not to read anything here as I'm not caught up. I just finished season 4 last night. I'll admit, despite the fact that some here will probably shoot me, I wasn't really hooked until the second half of that season. I also think Walt is a sniveling little crybaby, not a badass, but that's probably just me, too, haha.

Haha actually that's really what you're supposed to think about him. Sorta like how you're not really supposed to like Don Draper in Mad Men either. Remember, he's just some a-hole drug dealer when it comes down to it.

I think the series finale will be a cliff hanger.

Every other episode has some sort of hanging question that doesn't make sense and leaves fans wondering and it's not a small, nagging thought either.

Vince said that he believes he and his writers got it right at the end.

Something makes me think that Walt gets in a final showdown with Hank, just due to the scenes that fast forward ahead to Walt on his 52nd birthday.

I think the series finale will be a cliff hanger.

Every other episode has some sort of hanging question that doesn't make sense and leaves fans wondering and it's not a small, nagging thought either.

Vince said that he believes he and his writers got it right at the end.

Something makes me think that Walt gets in a final showdown with Hank, just due to the scenes that fast forward ahead to Walt on his 52nd birthday.

To the bolded: NFW. Not gonna happen. The show will have an absolute resolution. Gilligan and the actors have made this very clear.

There may be some lose ends with minor characters (I mean Saul's gonna have a freakin' spinoff (maybe)), but the main story line will be pretty cut and dry.

I don't think Walt has cancer. He's bullshitting. And oh my god that last scene gave me tingles. Walt was calm the whole time, and then "Tread lightly."

That last scene is a microcosm of the whole series. Walt gets out of his car as the jovial Mr. White we knew in season one as he jokes around with the DEA guys as they are leaving, and by the end of the scene he is full blown Heisenberg. Great stuff.

Haha actually that's really what you're supposed to think about him. Sorta like how you're not really supposed to like Don Draper in Mad Men either. Remember, he's just some a-hole drug dealer when it comes down to it.

If this is really your opinion then you are incredibly myopic and don't see the complexity of Walt.....but maybe you are just being sarcastic ??

If this is really your opinion then you are incredibly myopic and don't see the complexity of Walt.....but maybe you are just being sarcastic ??

I actually don't think Walt is all that complex. He's morphed into a monster over the course of the show and his decisions have hurt/killed everyone he's come in contact with.

The plot is complex. Walt isn't.

Walt isn't complex. He's a drug lord. The point of the whole thing is to show how deep one person can fall into a role. The best laid plans of mice and men, right?

We were supposed to believe that he was doing this for his family, for a good reason. But we know he isn't, and maybe he never was. As others have theorized, this whole show could well have been a selfish exercise in wanting to feel important.

I don't think he was ever complex. We were just supposed to like him enough to believe that he was.

Y'all got me to rent Season One. Watched first two episodes last night. Off to a bit of a slow start… :)

It does start slowly, and there are a number of emotionally difficult family scenes (albeit well written and well acted) early on. Over time, though, it morphs into a really gripping crime drama.

I actually don't think Walt is all that complex. He's morphed into a monster over the course of the show and his decisions have hurt/killed everyone he's come in contact with.

The plot is complex. Walt isn't.

then you don't see Walt's inner workings and how he adapts & manipulates every situation & person . If you don't see his evolution and depth of character (good, bad, or indifferent), then I feel you are really missing a golden opportunity

Walt isn't complex. He's a drug lord. The point of the whole thing is to show how deep one person can fall into a role. The best laid plans of mice and men, right?

We were supposed to believe that he was doing this for his family, for a good reason. But we know he isn't, and maybe he never was. As others have theorized, this whole show could well have been a selfish exercise in wanting to feel important.

I don't think he was ever complex. We were just supposed to like him enough to believe that he was.

see my last response.....posted again here:

then you don't see Walt's inner workings and how he adapts & manipulates every situation & person . If you don't see his evolution and depth of character (good, bad, or indifferent), then I feel you are really missing a golden opportunity.

To not see the evil genius & complexities of Walt, and to oversimplify him strictly as a drug lord, is a missed critique. But this is my opinion and you have yours. I think Vince Gilligan has enough respect for his audience for most of us to know this was only about creating financial opportunity for his family. If true that story line would have lasted 6 episodes. If you really think hard about Walt (and other characters, for that matter), the beauty of this show is that Gilligan wants the audience to dissect for itself the myriad of possibilities for the characters & storylines as a matter of personal interpretation.

see my last response.....posted again here:

then you don't see Walt's inner workings and how he adapts & manipulates every situation & person . If you don't see his evolution and depth of character (good, bad, or indifferent), then I feel you are really missing a golden opportunity.

To not see the evil genius & complexities of Walt, and to oversimplify him strictly as a drug lord, is a missed critique. But this is my opinion and you have yours. I think Vince Gilligan has enough respect for his audience for most of us to know this was

NOT

only about creating financial opportunity for his family. If true that story line would have lasted 6 episodes. If you really think hard about Walt (and other characters, for that matter), the beauty of this show is that Gilligan wants the audience to dissect for itself the myriad of possibilities for the characters & storylines as a matter of personal interpretation.

correction, inserted and bolded above

correction, inserted and bolded above

and here.....

I think Vince Gilligan has enough respect for his audience for most of us to know this was NOT only about creating financial opportunity for his family. If true that story line would have lasted 6 episodes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.