Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

You guys are blowing it. The only reason I come to this thread is because My OCD makes me read every post on this board. The only thing that made it worthwhile was pictures of hot chicks. Now your talking about Wolfboy and character development?! Boooo!

Untill now we were doing a great job of keeping it in the spoiler tags though :p

lol, don't read this spoiler :D

All i could think of the cersei part was, damn nice boobs for a 40 yr old chick :D

Mr Skin did analysis of the body (nips) compared to nude scenes done by a young Lena Headey, and has determined that they CGI'd her head onto a stand in's body for the long walk. Also, it looks like in the inside scenes that the actress has her face obscured by her hair and she's wearing a merkin.

Mr Skin did analysis of the body (nips) compared to nude scenes done by a young Lena Headey, and has determined that they CGI'd her head onto a stand in's body for the long walk. Also, it looks like in the inside scenes that the actress has her face obscured by her hair and she's wearing a merkin.

I've read elsewhere that it was a body double.

Its not nice to ruin peoples fantasy :p

In the books

Jon's last word was "Ghost." Methinks this storyline is pretty obvious. We'll see if the show follows.

I haven't read the books. The first thought that came to my mind during that last seen was that the witch was at The Wall. I recall in earlier seasons there was a character that could come back to life several times after being killed. I think this is Jon Snow's fate. IMO, the witch knows something about Jon that has not been revealed yet which is why she has such a strong interest in him and will keep him alive. I don't see the point in killing him off so soon after discovering his sword can kill white walkers. 

I haven't read the books. The first thought that came to my mind during that last seen was that the witch was at The Wall. I recall in earlier seasons there was a character that could come back to life several times after being killed. I think this is Jon Snow's fate. IMO, the witch knows something about Jon that has not been revealed yet which is why she has such a strong interest in him and will keep him alive. I don't see the point in killing him off so soon after discovering his sword can kill white walkers.

You are thinking of when Melissandre met up with Thoros of Myr after he resurrected Dondarian for the sixth time. That was when she also met Arya Stark and told her she saw her staring through blue eyes and green eyes and brown eyes or something like that and that they would meet again. It's also when Thoros gives her Gendry to take back to Stanis to have him sacrificed but Davos helped him escape.

Was that season three?

The biggest problem with the show is the lack of hope.  Stark supporters in the North? Cut.  Repercussions for the Bolton involvement in the Red Wedding? Cut. (Actually the Boltons in general have impervious plot armor)  The North Remembers? Hah. Lady Stoneheart? Cut. Nymeria's Wolfpack?  Who knows.

Good call.  That's been my issue with the show since the red wedding.  Watching this show is like self-cutting or something.  Its negative negative negative and zero positive.  It's like Empire Strikes Back meets Groundhog's Day.

The book, while painting the same bleak world, had moments of small triumphs that stood out IMO.  Watching this show feels a bit like abuse.   /endrant

Ah man, I love that party scene! You're in for a wild ride and some really kickass lines from Rake. 

holy crap all the stuff!!! Dragon dude and Jaghut Tyrant battle royal and the Adjunct.

I am still waiting on book two to arrive but I am going to try and re-read parts of book 1 so I understand it better.  Good series, tons of fun and Annomander Rake is a 7ft tall ass kicker. 

holy crap all the stuff!!! Dragon dude and Jaghut Tyrant battle royal and the Adjunct.

I am still waiting on book two to arrive but I am going to try and re-read parts of book 1 so I understand it better.  Good series, tons of fun and Annomander Rake is a 7ft tall ass kicker. 

Right?!? When Rake steps in as Nom's backup for his duel, and then Nom just assassinates the guy with no problem?!? Crazy stuff man, I couldn't burn through it fast enough. That, Rake taking his Soletaken form as a Dragon, or when Paran goes into Rake's badass sword to free the Hounds are probably my favorite of that book.

So glad you're reading this series, it's so good and I feel like it gets overlooked because of the GoT show. Not that ASOIAF isn't great, but I love Malazan a little more.

Malazan has some hope in it.  I kept waiting for everyone to die and then people used their skills and their wits to survive.  Well Paran used Oponn and then his secret hound but whatever. Also are the hounds in him now?  Kind of seems that way. 

Or since he has been in contact with White Walkers, maybe he wakes up with blue eyes..

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has ever been posted, and honestly I don't feel like scrolling through 18 pages to find out; if it has, ignore it. 

If not though! Check this out. Coldplay does a skit where they pretend to make a GOT albums, getting the cast to all come in and sing GOT songs like "Wildling" ("Wild Thing"). Very funny stuff, and Liam Neeson narrates it

Or since he has been in contact with White Walkers, maybe he wakes up with blue eyes..

In the books, Mance Raider does not die in the fire, the witch switches him out for the Lord of Bones, with some magic make over......The TV show has combined story arcs for several characters and I think that the witch knows of the Kings Blood in Jon or knows that she needs to latch on to somebody else.......I think she switched him out and somebody else died......My theory, can't wait to find out.

• 4 weeks later...

I never watched this show ... no TV.

I just read that it was filmed in Fort Lovrijenac, which is the ancient fortress in the Old City of Dubrovnik (Croatia).  That's very cool.

You should read the books!  A Song of Ice and Fire is amazing.  Game of Thrones is what the first book is called.  If you get it, I will gladly nerd with you about it any time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.