Pominville to Minnesota Wild UPDATE: offered extension.

spndnchz

Agreed 100%. But seeing as it's the NHL, I expect the same meaningless two game suspension others do.

If he gets a two game suspension it is definitely not meaningless, that would earn Brown his first suspension and put him in the repeat offender category the next time he does something like this (which will probably be right away). It is a miracle that he has not been suspended a long time ago, if he gets one know it will be much harder for the NHL to turn their head the next time.

If he gets a two game suspension it is definitely not meaningless, that would earn Brown his first suspension and put him in the repeat offender category the next time he does something like this (which will probably be right away). It is a miracle that he has not been suspended a long time ago, if he gets one know it will be much harder for the NHL to turn their head the next time.

Brown is a master of the borderline hit. You know he's dirty, but it is always a little nebulous as far as the rules go.

Brown is a master of the borderline hit. You know he's dirty, but it is always a little nebulous as far as the rules go.

No doubt that he always pushes the edge, but he also crosses it regularly and has flown just under the 'no prior history' radar for a long time. If he had been rightfully suspended for the hit he put on Matt Cooke a million years ago, he would have a reputation and history not much better than Kaleta and even Cooke himself by now.

No doubt that he always pushes the edge, but he also crosses it regularly and has flown just under the 'no prior history' radar for a long time. If he had been rightfully suspended for the hit he put on Matt Cooke a million years ago, he would have a reputation and history not much better than Kaleta and even Cooke himself by now.

Nobody should ever be suspended for hitting that little, dirty POS Matt Cooke, in fact he should've gotten a medal.

Kidding aside, Brown is like Mike Richards - Dirty cheapshot artist, who somehow always manages to get away with murder because "he doesn't have a history".

Nobody should ever be suspended for hitting that little, dirty POS Matt Cooke, in fact he should've gotten a medal.

Kidding aside, Brown is like Mike Richards - Dirty cheapshot artist, who somehow always manages to get away with murder because "he doesn't have a history".

I know you were kidding, but if Brown laid that hit on anyone else (almost anyone else I guess) he would probably would have been suspended and things would be different. It will be interesting to see, Brown has been getting away with ###### forever, but at some point the league has to see that he's just going to push it further and further right. I mean, he's turning down right dangerous out there and is starting to build some tarnish with his signature fly by elbow clippings.

That was sneaky. He glances back but I think he could also see Pomms reflection in the glass. :blink:

Yeah, that's a masterful cheap shot - from the other camera angle it looks almost incidental.

I'm surprised at this. Usually, Pominville stays far enough out of the center of the action to keep from getting hit/hurt. He must be letting his guard down. :)

Pominville's got a concussion. Wild could be out of the playoffs. Sabres could have two lottery picks. Discuss.

Minnesota is at home against Edmonton and away at Colorado tomorrow... and they only need two points to clinch a playoff spot. So, them missing out on the playoffs seems very unlikely. Their win against the LAK all but killed our chance of getting the extra lottery pick.

Minnesota is at home against Edmonton and away at Colorado tomorrow... and they only need two points to clinch a playoff spot. So, them missing out on the playoffs seems very unlikely. Their win against the LAK all but killed our chance of getting the extra lottery pick.

No lotto pick, but they will get killed by CHI or ANA and have the worst record of the playoff teams, so its probably going to be the 15th pick, which ain't bad.

If Columbus and Detroit win and Minn loses in Regulation, that pick will have a 0.5% chance of winning the lottery and if we end up in 8th we will have 3.6% so combine that and we get 4.1% of drafting Seth Jones, those aren't terrible but odds... if the Minny pick did hit, I think we would all lose our minds.

Archived