If the Bruins are the measuring stick for the Sabres....

26CornerBlitz

I'd say that everyone on our roster has a leg up on Campbell.

(Too soon?)

Yep and as I watched the game I really wanted the Bruins to clear the zone. Campbell's play was awesome and he could have curled up in a ball like NYR Richards (too soon?) but he got his ass up and even put himself in a lane for a shot. THAT is a hockey player.

Yep and as I watched the game I really wanted the Bruins to clear the zone. Campbell's play was awesome and he could have curled up in a ball like NYR Richards (too soon?) but he got his ass up and even put himself in a lane for a shot. THAT is a hockey player.

Wrong. Flailing around on the ice like a beached salmon grabbing at every body part until you figure out which body part you think the refs will give the most sympathy for is what a real hockey player does.

Wrong. Flailing around on the ice like a beached salmon grabbing at every body part until you figure out which body part you think the refs will give the most sympathy for is what a real hockey player does.

In the late 70's I think it was called The Bacon. You'd lie flat and sizzle.

Scary thing about this playoffs is that Boston should have been knocked out by Toronto. This is going to eat at Toronto all summer. Not that I care about either team but just saying.

I disagree. Toronto is overrated. They'll miss the playoffs next year like the Preds.

In the late 70's I think it was called The Bacon. You'd lie flat and sizzle.

I used to work with a guy that had epilepsy. He got some good natured teasing about occassionally doing "the bacon".

Quite clearly Richards was badly injured, I was told he sat out an entire game because of that cheapshot by Kaleta.

I mean, a WHOLE game.....!! Just, wow.....!!

/sarcasm off

Quite clearly Richards was badly injured, I was told he sat out an entire game because of that cheapshot by Kaleta.

I mean, a WHOLE game.....!! Just, wow.....!!

/sarcasm off

It's funny that that penalty and him sitting out the next game were his two biggest contributions to the Rangers this year

If the Bruins are the measuring stick, ay?

Jan 31 - Buffalo- W - 7-4

Feb 10 - Buffalo - L - 3-1

Feb 15 - Buffalo- W - 4-2

Mar 31 - Buffalo - L - 2-0

April 17- Buffalo - W - 3-2

Buffalo won their 'series' against Boston, 3 games to 2. Buffalo out-scored Boston - 19 goals to 9 goals

Worth mentioning.

Buffalo won their 'series' against Boston, 3 games to 2. Buffalo out-scored Boston - 19 goals to 9 goals

Worth mentioning.

Do you have any reason to believe that last seasons' Buffalo Sabres could play at the same level you are watching Boston play at right now? I don't.

Buffalo "got up" for Boston and played emotionally during the regular season. To Boston, those games were just another in a long season. We didn't see anything near Boston's best in those games.

Do you have any reason to believe that last seasons' Buffalo Sabres could play at the same level you are watching Boston play at right now? I don't.

Buffalo "got up" for Boston and played emotionally during the regular season. To Boston, those games were just another in a long season. We didn't see anything near Boston's best in those games.

Yep, those type of false hope wins are why we aren't picking in the top 5. :censored:

I think it's an interesting stat that Buffalo outscored Boston in 5 games by a more than 2 - 1 margin.

However, in the 2 games they lost, they only scored 1 goal in 120 minutes. Inconsistency is one of the Sabres greatest problems.

Boston was 4-1-2-2-2

Buffalo - 7-1-4-0-3

You never know which Sabres team is going to show up - the good Sabres or bad Sabres. That inconsistency really helped keep them out of the post-season.

I think it's an interesting stat that Buffalo outscored Boston in 5 games by a more than 2 - 1 margin.

However, in the 2 games they lost, they only scored 1 goal in 120 minutes. Inconsistency is one of the Sabres greatest problems.

Boston was 4-1-2-2-2

Buffalo - 7-1-4-0-3

You never know which Sabres team is going to show up - the good Sabres or bad Sabres. That inconsistency really helped keep them out of the post-season.

True but the playoffs are a different animal and the Sabres are no where close to the Bruins in that respect.

I used to work with a guy that had epilepsy. He got some good natured teasing about occassionally doing "the bacon".

They used to call it the worm as well.

Well, I thought it would be interesting to compare the Sabres regular season record against the other Eastern Conference finalist - the putrid Pittsburgh Penguins.

We exposed them for the frauds they are during the season.

3 games played

Game 1; - 4-3 -L

Game 2; 4-1 - W

Game 3; 4-2 W

So we won the regular season series against them too, 2 games to 1. And, as with Boston, outscored them - 12 to 6 or a 2 to 1 margin.

Worth mentioning.

Well, I thought it would be interesting to compare the Sabres regular season record against the other Eastern Conference finalist - the putrid Pittsburgh Penguins.

We exposed them for the frauds they are during the season.

3 games played

Game 1; - 4-3 -L

Game 2; 4-1 - W

Game 3; 4-2 W

So we won the regular season series against them too, 2 games to 1. And, as with Boston, outscored them - 12 to 6 or a 2 to 1 margin.

Year before last the Hurricanes swept the season series with the Bruins 4-0 and beat the eventual Cup Winners LA Kings while finishing 21 games under .500 against the rest of the league, statistical oddities happen over an 82 game schedule.

Looking at this years final four it just points out exactly how far away the Sabres really are.

Year before last the Hurricanes swept the season series with the Bruins 4-0 and beat the eventual Cup Winners LA Kings while finishing 21 games under .500 against the rest of the league, statistical oddities happen over an 82 game schedule.

Looking at this years final four it just points out exactly how far away the Sabres really are.

I agree. Teams that make it through to the finals ramp it up in the playoffs. Saying we beat them 3 out of 4 times in the regular season so we would beat them in the playoffs is laughable really. They obviously have intangibles that we don't. They made it through, we didn't.

I know this thread is about Boston-Buffalo but the one thing that jumped out at me in that article was, wow, Chicago has really made some hay with their 2nd round picks.

All good...there was some discussion about which of the two was the better measuring stick for the Sabres. Your point adds to the conversation.

All good...there was some discussion about which of the two was the better measuring stick for the Sabres. Your point adds to the conversation.

well, I wasn't looking for your forgiveness but..... OK. :P

Archived