If the Bruins are the measuring stick for the Sabres....

26CornerBlitz

How does our team stack up?

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

To my eyes, our boys have a good way to go to challenge the Bruins based on the way the teams are currently put together.

Moving forward, who has faith in the dynamic duo of Darcy and Lindy to get the team to a stage where they surpass Boston?

First Head to Head comparison comes on 1/31/13. :unsure:

Question 1 = Not very well.

Question 2 = Not me.

Wish I could argue with your answer to either question, but I unfortunately can't. Bruins have the Sabres beat in Size, Skill, Toughness, Forwards, and Defensemen. Only advantage might be in goal and that's just a might.

Much work to do to meet Mr. Pegs Mantra "As of this moment.....

1. Again, not very well.

2. Ball is in Darcy's court to get the right players in here.

At this point, the ball should be in Terry's court, who should realize Darcy has failed to build a roster that can compete. Now, time to make a move, bring in a guy who can build a roster that can compete.

At this point, the ball should be in Terry's court, who should realize Darcy has failed to build a roster that can compete. Now, time to make a move, bring in a guy who can build a roster that can compete.

Still shocked that Darcy received a preseason contract extension.

I'd rather measure up to Chicago.

Couldn't go wrong there either. With the Blackhawks' elite offensive talent in Toews, Hossa, and Kane along with Keith on the back end it's pretty close. I like the Bruins by just a hair for better overall balance, more size, grit, and better goaltending.

I would love to see the Sabres stack up favorably to the Bruins. That would suggest the team is good and -- more importantly -- built for the playoffs.

But to answer your question:

The Sabres don't come close to the Bruins;

Darcy doesn't have a clue what it takes to build a championship team and Lindy don't have a clue what it takes to develop his talent into a championship team. Consequently, I have no faith in Terry's dynamic duo.

Just a hunch but I get the feeling the Bruins will expose this club for what it is. A weak willed, underachieving, poorly coached, still soft squad that is years away from truly competing in this league. It pains me to say it but we are 2 wins,4 losses into this season and we could very well be 0-6 with a couple non calls or unlucky bounces. You could also say we could be 6-0 but no. Just no. We all saw the same games so far and there's just too much that needs to be done for this team to truly compete in this league. Tomorrow night there is an opportunity for this team to make a statement against the Bruins and to the league that we won't be pushed around and we are good enough to win in this league. There is also the chance that this team turtles and plays like they wish the game would end. After watching our first 6 games I am very frightened that this game could have the same effect as the lucic incident of a year ago. Prove me wrong boys. For the love of God prove me wrong.

They will measure up fine if the sabres call up tarnasky to play tomorrow in Boston. Who are they going to put in frigen gerbe against the bruins. If Tarnasky isnt called up its a joke. Even with kaleta in the lineup in boston that wouldnt help us stack up that well.

I'd bet in 7 D with McCormick or Leino as an outside shot. Just don't see them calling anyone up right now.

I agree with this. Caroline reminds me of 05 Sabres, built for the regular season. Gonna be interesting tomorrow.

Carolina is built for the playoffs I think. if there defense just plays simple and moves the puck I think they got a shot to go deep. Dare I say Carolina is gonna be the new blueprint for team building? skill forwards that all have speed and/or size lead by some big strong guys with speed that are equally happy to take the puck from you as rip your head off for daring to touch their puck. My prediction if Carolina grabs a veteran D like say leopold or anyother one that might be available that can move the puck they are the darkhorse for the cup.

From Ryan Kennedy of the Hockey News: Lucic shaping the whole of the Northeast

http://www.thehockey...-Northeast.html

I couldn't stand looking at that guy's mug all night last night...especially when NBC had him chatting about the rivalry with the Habs.

Someone (Ott, Kaleta, Scott) needs to punish him for the entire game. One little fight won't do it, unless he's pummeled.

Sorry...a little bitter about Lucic. :ph34r:

He's dead right. For example, because of Lucic, the Sabres designed their roster to fight Boston and Philly and can't score goals as a result.

You keep mentioning "and Philly", but IMO Philly isn't any tougher than most of the rest of the conference. Philly transitioned from real tough to mostly-talented-but-reasonably-tough about 3 seasons ago.

Archived