The other sports thread

Eleven

If this thing comes down to Royals-Mets, I'm just not going to bother.

Welcome to how I feel literally every other year.  Unfortunately for you, Royals-Mets has to be north of a 99% probability at this point.  Mets alone have a 97.1% chance to win the NLCS, since teams up 3-0 in a 7-game series are 33-1 (Hi, Yankees fans!) in baseball history.

Welcome to how I feel literally every other year.  Unfortunately for you, Royals-Mets has to be north of a 99% probability at this point.  Mets alone have a 97.1% chance to win the NLCS, since teams up 3-0 in a 7-game series are 33-1 (Hi, Yankees fans!) in baseball history.

Fortunately for me, you mean.  I don't need to stay out watching baseball 4-7 more nights.

Edited by eleven

Fortunately for me, you mean.  I don't need to stay out watching baseball 4-7 more nights.

But if it were a different match up you would bother, so your "need" is relative :P 

I do agree that baseball games are way too long and that's one of the reasons baseball's audiences are not what they used to be.  If the Mets aren't playing, I'm not watching.  I'll watch many other sports playoffs without my favorite team participating.

Also, I believe you've cut the cord as I have.  There are some very good free streams on the internet so that you can stay in if preferred.

:censored:  But you picked the Mets!  And no love for a Toronto comeback?

Yeah but the Royals deserve to win it. They have a longer title drought, and the pain from last year makes them worth rooting for.

But, holy is Daniel Murphy on fire. 6 consecutive HR games in the postseason, vs Arietta, Grienke, Kershaw, and others. That's just not fair. The dude may win the postseason MVP even if they lose

MLB record for Murphy!

The Royals have a 1 year longer drought than the Mets.

I'm not sure how to handle one of my teams being this on fire...This never happens.  At least since Cuse and Melo in 2003.  And that's the only other time really.  I remember '86 but I was very young.

MLB record for Murphy!

The Royals have a 1 year longer drought than the Mets.

I'm not sure how to handle one of my teams being this on fire...This never happens.  At least since Cuse and Melo in 2003.  And that's the only other time really.  I remember '86 but I was very young.

I know, that's why I brought it up  :lol:

I know, that's why I brought it up  :lol:

When you're at give or take 30 years for both, it's pretty much equal.  We'll see if Toronto has any magic left, but I think the Mets match up pretty well with the Royals and the young pitchers are set to get some welcomed rest.  Hopefully the rest doesn't ruin the team's momentum though.