The other sports thread

Eleven

There was a lot of taunting and in your face type antics that looked petty and juvenile.

Well they all became fans in 2013, so forgive them for not knowing how to act :P

What a game by LeBron and Kyrie last night. For those that missed this tidbit, they were the first pair of teammates to score 40+ in the same finals game.

Another interesting note: Klay was absolutely on fire in the first half. Like stuff you don't even do in video games. But he finished the game -21 despite his 37 points. +/- can be pretty flukey (not as bad a stat as it is in hockey, but still pretty bogus way to judge guys), but still pretty interesting. Curry and Barnes were only -6 for comparison. Igoudala also played big minutes and was -13.

If you need proof that +/- is more interesting than telling, well, Kevin Love was second only to Kyrie in +/- with a +18. Go figure!

For those that missed this tidbit, they were the first pair of teammates to score 40+ in the same finals game.

They're only the 5th pair of teammates to do it in any playoff game.

They also became the 3rd/4th players (Elgin Baylor and Wilt Chamberlain being the first two) to ever score 40 points and win when facing elimination in the finals.

Kyrie became the first player ever to score below 20 points per game during the season and 30+ in three consecutive games in the finals (and second to score 30+ in any 3 finals games under the same circumstances).

And for one last bit of trivia, Kyrie had the second highest shooting percentage (71%) while scoring 40+ points in an NBA finals game (Wilt Chamberlain hit 74% in 1970).

Edited by JujuFish

Kevin Love suckkkkkkks.

Cleveland really is better without him on the floor. This is incredible. 

Serious question: are Cleveland fans excited right now, or preparing to have their hearts ripped out?

You know it's not your night when Dahntay Jones gets a bucket and foul. 

Cleveland really is better without him on the floor. This is incredible.

Serious question: are Cleveland fans excited right now, or preparing to have their hearts ripped out?

You know it's not your night when Dahntay Jones gets a bucket and foul.

I'm not a Cleveland fan, but I think this team has been too good in this Finals to count out. I think it's safe to be confident in them. They don't look "lucky".

I'm not a Cleveland fan, but I think this team has been too good in this Finals to count out. I think it's safe to be confident in them. They don't look "lucky".

Dahntay Jones disagrees! I remember when he was the Nuggets' "answer" to Kobe...yea, it didn't work well.

It's just honestly amazing how many open shots the Warriors are missing.

Dahntay Jones disagrees! I remember when he was the Nuggets' "answer" to Kobe...yea, it didn't work well.

It's just honestly amazing how many open shots the Warriors are missing.

I'm gonna buy a Jefferson jersey. Unsung hero status gaining traction.

This is going to be an incredible game seven regardless of how it plays out. How will Curry respond to a tough game and then an ending like that? Can LeBron cap it off?

Also, LeBron locked up Finals MVP tonight.

I feel like GS will blow them out

I feel like GS will blow them out

That's my gut. But man with Bogut not out there protecting the rim and Iguodala barely able to walk...how do they stop LeBron and Kylie unless they just go cold? If the Cavs can pull it off, LeBron goes from being an all-time great to legendary.

Edit: And why is LeBron still out there? Give that man some rest.

Edited by TrueBlueGED