Patrick Kaleta agreed to a multi-year deal in Buffalo

Hoss

If Kaleta can stay healthy, and continue to be a "pest", it's a good deal. If we can contribute 20-25 points on offense, even better.

I found a dollar in the street today. I am willing to bet that dollar that Kaleta has more points this season for the Sabres than Leino does.

I found a dollar in the street today. I am willing to bet that dollar that Kaleta has more points this season for the Sabres than Leino does.

Yeah but nobody holds onto the puck and plays

the puck along the boards like Leino. :rolleyes:

I like Kaleta as much as anyone, but he's going to cap out at 25 points max. I think Leino will be between 40 and 45 points this year.

I'll take it one step further: I think you are going to like the toughness in his game this year.

I like Kaleta as much as anyone, but he's going to cap out at 25 points max. I think Leino will be between 40 and 45 points this year.

I'll take it one step further: I think you are going to like the toughness in his game this year.

Why would anyone expect a 28 year old player to suddenly change his game completely? I have more faith that Gerbe will have a growth spurt and start the season at 6' 2" than I have that Leino is suddenly going to show any toughness.

Why would anyone expect a 28 year old player to suddenly change his game completely? I have more faith that Gerbe will have a growth spurt and start the season at 6' 2" than I have that Leino is suddenly going to show any toughness.

If you watched the games you would've seen some toughness from Leino. Unfortunately, it wasn't a consistent effort, but it's plain as day that Ville's got some bite to his game and isn't afraid to get dirty. Confidence and comfort will go a long way toward displaying his natural aggressiveness.

If you watched the games you would've seen some toughness from Leino. Unfortunately, it wasn't a consistent effort, but it's plain as day that Ville's got some bite to his game and isn't afraid to get dirty. Confidence and comfort will go a long way toward displaying his natural aggressiveness.

His "natural aggressiveness" rivals that of only Tim Connolly's. :doh:

I'll take it.

I'll take a piece of that action. Lol

I have you both down for 50 cents each. :devil: That found dollar was easily doubled. It's raining MONEY up in here! :w00t:

I'm not suggesting he's Steve Ott, but you can only make that comparison to Connolly if you haven't actually seen him play. I'm halfway convinced that you haven't.

I'm not suggesting he's Steve Ott, but you can only make that comparison to Connolly if you haven't actually seen him play. I'm halfway convinced that you haven't.

In all fairness, he has been barely noticeable over the last 71 games of his NHL career. :w00t: His season highlight was getting pulled from the #1 line a couple shifts into the Philly game. I can't wait to see more of what Leino has to offer. :doh:

In all fairness, he has been barely noticeable over the last 71 games of his NHL career. :w00t: His season highlight was getting pulled from the #1 line a couple shifts into the Philly game. I can't wait to see more of what Leino has to offer. :doh:

The bolded part is pretty funny--- and my comment was tongue in cheek.

Listen, if he starts off 2012-13 the way he started 2011-12, I'll literally cut you in line for the torches and pitchforks to run him out of town. The organization is no longer in the position of being forced to saddle themselves with players that don't perform, so I trust he'll be gone if he doesn't shape up--- Roy and Gaustad being traded are pretty heavy indicators that no one is held sacred (other than Lindy :P ). A well defined role matching his skill set within a stable and balanced forward group is needed for any player to succeed--- I'm relatively optimistic Leino will find himself closer to that circumstance this season. I know you've made up your mind but there are an abundance of statistical proofs which have been cited on this board showing the struggles FA's have in their 1st year with a new team. We haven't seen a high priced FA come into town in god knows how long, so I think we're blinded a bit to what the big clubs have dealt with in regards to buyer remorse.

If he continues to suck, can his ass. I have no issue cutting ties. But a year isn't enough to evaluate a player playing out of position.

All of this Leino bashing.... I thought this thread was about the Kaleta signing?

Looking forward to the Ennis signing.

Apparently you were wrong. This is a Leino-Bashing thread disguised as a Kaleta-Signing thread. And I see what you're trying to do: turn it from a Leino-Bashing thread disguised as a Kaleta-Signing thread into an Ennis-Signing-and-How-Threads-Are-Derailed Thread. Good job!

Apparently you were wrong. This is a Leino-Bashing thread disguised as a Kaleta-Signing thread. And I see what you're trying to do: turn it from a Leino-Bashing thread disguised as a Kaleta-Signing thread into an Ennis-Signing-and-How-Threads-Are-Derailed Thread. Good job!

[head explodes]

I have you both down for 50 cents each. :devil: That found dollar was easily doubled. It's raining MONEY up in here! :w00t:

Count me in on that wager as well :P

I like this signing on so many levels...Keeps with the "we need more grit" movement. I have always appreciated the local boy hits the big time angle. I get alot of out of town feeds (Center Ice) on the games and to a broadcast they mention the fact that he is a local boy and usually mention the other Buffalo players in the league.

As a Buffalo exile and Sabre fan, I always enjoy watching Kaleta leaving it all on the ice. He embodies everything I remember about growing up in Western NY. The blue collar, pack a lunch, in-your-face, never say die, play on the edge attitude that I still carry with me to this day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-j25y0Mkxk&feature=player_embedded

Now on to Ennis and some goal scorers.

Noone is concerned that a guy with an injury history similar to Connolly's was given a 3 year deal?

I would be if this deal were at TC's salary, but at $1.275MM I'm fine with the 50-60 games per year that I expect to get from him.

Archived