Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

While the top of the table is set, relegation is still very much to be decided. Which is the genius of the format, only 2-3 teams wedged into the middle of the table play meaningless games at the end. As long as a team funded with money absolutely smeared in the blood of slaves and the oppressed doesn't run away with it... but let's all clap for Man City...

I love football.  I hate all the crap and corruption that goes along with it.  I followed Man City when my favourite footballer played there, but Džeko transferred to Roma some time ago.

Looking more and more like Big Sam is out at Everton. 

IncredibleSevereFiddlercrab-size_restric

I was thinking of renouncing my Everton support in favor of one of the bigger teams, but if Sam leaves I'll stick around. Plus City was who I was thinking of picking up and I can't jump on that bandwagon NOW.

I think instead I'll just get more into Dortmund as team in a different league, that'll give me some European soccer to watch unless/until Everton can make some moves into the upper level. 

Though if Pulisic moves to the EPL I can't be held responsible for my actions of who I support at that point. I just hope he moves to a blue team (City, Chelsea, Spurs, no way it'll be Everton but sure) instead of a red one (United, Liverpool, Arsenal). I hate all those Reds.

Looking more and more like Big Sam is out at Everton. 

IncredibleSevereFiddlercrab-size_restric

I was thinking of renouncing my Everton support in favor of one of the bigger teams, but if Sam leaves I'll stick around. Plus City was who I was thinking of picking up and I can't jump on that bandwagon NOW.

I think instead I'll just get more into Dortmund as team in a different league, that'll give me some European soccer to watch unless/until Everton can make some moves into the upper level. 

Though if Pulisic moves to the EPL I can't be held responsible for my actions of who I support at that point. I just hope he moves to a blue team (City, Chelsea, Spurs, no way it'll be Everton but sure) instead of a red one (United, Liverpool, Arsenal). I hate all those Reds.

My father in law is an Everton fan and my wife and I follow Liverpool, it's been fun.  I never liked futbol until a few years agon watching with my wife, turns out, I love it now.

I'm a devoted LFC fan, and understand your feeling that you'd rather see Pulisic with a team in blue.

Should we rank where In England we, as fans of USA Soccer, would prefer to see Pulisic?

My ranking

1. Liverpool: Biased, of course, but can you imagine what he'd do under Klopp's system?

2. Spurs: Their traditionally adventuresome game would be a good place to grow, and he'd have a chance to be featured.

3. City: Hard to argue with him playing with one of the top clubs in the world, and with a coach who knows how to manage a beautiful game.

4. Chelsea: Sort of hard to stomach this one, but it could work as well.

5. Arsenal: I just don't trust that club right now.

6-19: Any other EPL club.

20. United:  Jesus Christ - keep that young man as far away as possible from Mourinho and the soulless nonsense he orchestrates.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'm a devoted LFC fan, and understand your feeling that you'd rather see Pulisic with a team in blue.

Should we rank where In England we, as fans of USA Soccer, would prefer to see Pulisic?

My ranking

1. Liverpool: Biased, of course, but can you imagine what he'd do under Klopp's system?

2. Spurs: Their traditionally adventuresome game would be a good place to grow, and he'd have a chance to be featured.

3. City: Hard to argue with him playing with one of the top clubs in the world, and with a coach who knows how to manage a beautiful game.

20. United:  Jesus Christ - keep that young man as far away as possible from Mourinho and the soulless nonsense he orchestrates.

As much as I want to hate Liverpool, Everton is an adopted home for me so its not in my blood, and man they were great this year. How do I hate a team with Salah on it? That team would be a lot of fun to see Pulisic play in. What are the chances of him getting some good time there?

I think Spurs make a lot of sense. Him feeding Kane would be a lot of fun.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but here seems like a good spot.

No one's stodgier than ol' England, yeah?

And yet *they* have done something weird, new, and fun (and *young*) in announcing their World Cup team. (I like it!)

That's still a stodgy team though. Going to be no fun whatsoever to watch until the get knocked out in the last 16 as is their wont.

Putting these here where I thought they were to begin with. I need to look at thread titles...

Fair enough. 

I wasn't interested in talking about England's team, so much (they're not going to be any good, I think) -- but about the social media they used to announce the team.

Yeah, sorry, had no idea what thread we were in. It is cool.

^

All good!

It's about that time, though: With the USMNT sidelined, who are you pulling for?

So many choices, for me.

But I think I mostly want to see Messi take his country to glory.

Iceland is my Cinderella team. Making it out of groups would be exciting for them. They're with Nigeria, Argentina, and Croatia, so that would be a hell of a thing (Croatia is good).

In bigger name teams, probably Belgium. I've still got a thing for Lukaku from his Everton days. De Bruyne, Hazard(s), Batshuayi. Should be a good squad. 

I don't trust Belgium. They're a sexy team on paper. It never goes that well on grass.

Can't see past Germany in terms of picking a winner. They're still a notch above anybody else. There's a few teams who could conceivably get hot and knock them off, but I suppose we shall see.

My ranking

As a Dortmund fan (yes, I got into them because of CP), the team is a tire fire right now. No direction. I'm ready for Pulisic to move on. Everyone assumes LFC because of Klopp. I'd be okay with that. But, I still think he may end up at Bayern Munich. Kid speaks fluent German and he's had some of his best games against Bayern. And, guys like Ribery (35) and Robben (34) need to be replaced fairly soon.

As a Dortmund fan (yes, I got into them because of CP), the team is a tire fire right now. No direction. I'm ready for Pulisic to move on. Everyone assumes LFC because of Klopp. I'd be okay with that. But, I still think he may end up at Bayern Munich. Kid speaks fluent German and he's had some of his best games against Bayern. And, guys like Ribery (35) and Robben (34) need to be replaced fairly soon.

Interesting. If he doesn't go to England, Bayern would be ideal.

The Premier League has to want him badly, though. They've made such inroads into the US -- having the young American star would push things to another level.

CP will very likely end up at Bayern. I'd have him at Arsenal in a hot second. Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang are already there, he'd be a perfect fit wide in a front three, and Alex Iwobi and Danny Welbeck could finally be fired into the sun...

A boy can dream.

Oh, and now they're buying Papastathoupous. Literally every ex-Dortmund player with an insane name is a bold roster building strategy...

CP will very likely end up at Bayern. I'd have him at Arsenal in a hot second. Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang are already there, he'd be a perfect fit wide in a front three, and Alex Iwobi and Danny Welbeck could finally be fired into the sun...

A boy can dream.

Oh, and now they're buying Papastathoupous. Literally every ex-Dortmund player with an insane name is a bold roster building strategy...

Arsenal is after Sokratis? He's my favorite Dortmund player by a mile.

Dortmund is a hot mess right now. For one of the 20 richest clubs in Europe, they've been selling their best players at an alarming rate.

Arsenal is after Sokratis? He's my favorite Dortmund player by a mile.

Dortmund is a hot mess right now. For one of the 20 richest clubs in Europe, they've been selling their best players at an alarming rate.

Sounds like they’re having money problems.

Sounds like they’re having money problems.

They sold Ousmane Dembele to Barcelona last year for 105 million Euros. The 3rd or 4th biggest transfer fee ever. And, they've been a profitable club for years. I think they're catering to the shareholders rather than trying to win.

Alright, that's enough Arsenal. Wenger may ###### off immediately. I don't give a ###### about the last game at home this weekend. Heck, they might storm the pitch and beat him to death. Begone, and never show your face again.

Luckily the fans have more respect for a lifetime coach

They sold Ousmane Dembele to Barcelona last year for 105 million Euros. The 3rd or 4th biggest transfer fee ever. And, they've been a profitable club for years. I think they're catering to the shareholders rather than trying to win.

Dortmund was close to being bankrupt 10 years ago.   They just got back on track mainly by selling of all the good kids they had.

Also German league insisted on all clubs to clear their debts.    Italian clubs are doing same now.

English and Spanish league are seeing massive debts with their clubs.

Dortmund was close to being bankrupt 10 years ago.   They just got back on track mainly by selling of all the good kids they had.

Also German league insisted on all clubs to clear their debts.    Italian clubs are doing same now.

English and Spanish league are seeing massive debts with their clubs.

Good info. Thanks. Financial information is freely available for some of these clubs (e.g., I found Dortmund financials on Yahoo Finance). Their balance sheet looks good. Yet the keep on selling. They also continue to make stupid moves like letting Robert Lewandowski, arguably one of the top few strikers in the world, go to Bayern on a free transfer. Oof.