Sabres 2012-13 schedule is out.

spndnchz

If you are already over the border...and want to sleep off the Bills tailgate at a hotel....might as well think about it.

Just pulling your leg. The drive from Toronto to Montreal (I've done it countless times) is rather boring, but a good one on the 401 ... divided highway all the way, much like an interstate.

Still trying to stay positive?

With this I give the board my 1,000th post (most are not worth the server space, but ...)

Ghost was positive for about 5 minutes last week. You must have missed it ... :P .

Best trip to Buffalo.......Thursday night vs. Dolphins.....Fri vs. Flyers.....weekend to do stuff.

I was just thinking about this as well haha! My girlfriend wants to go to her first NFL game this year, and I still haven't seen the Flyers play...ever (I want to see every team play in MM/HSBC/F'N Center), so that would totally work!

Was already planning to fly up to Buffalo for a Bills game on October 21st. Now I can see a Sabres game on the the 20th! Talk about a sweet setup.

Got excited to quick. Just noticed the Sabres are on the road against the Islanders on the 20th. Son of a...

There's also college football sandwiched in with Pitt visiting UB on Oct. 20.

PTR

The "Ted Black just killed 4 in a DUI" scheduling award goes to......Ted Black for starting Tux and Pux at 5PM.........just what we need, get everyone downtown and drinking a few hours earlier.

They just want to make sure that all of the Sens fans have time to get back across the boarder in time for their celebrations.

Some interesting numbers here.

(rested = other team played night before while Sabres didn't, neutral = both played or neither played, tired = Sabres played night before while other team was off.)

Ian Ott@IanSabresPR

Some B2B impact perspective: Since lockout, BUF is .718 as rested team (4th in NHL), .606 in neutral games (5th) and .500 when tired (14th).

ooof......

That is not a Lindy-friendly schedule the first month or so. Things could get interestin' round these parts.......

It isn't friendly for the rest of the team, either. That's a tough early run. The first five home games are all against teams the Sabres have had recent trouble with, too. It could get quiet in there.

Do I have to take you up now, or can I delay until July 2nd?

Now...but probably still open unless they do something uncharacteristic in their moves.

It isn't friendly for the rest of the team, either. That's a tough early run. The first five home games are all against teams the Sabres have had recent trouble with, too. It could get quiet in there.

If they can survive it then they get a breather. The dynamics will be interesting though with a fanbase as vocal in opposition as they have been in a while and any renewed juju of expectations after any moves. If they start out 5-9-2.......it will be interesting to say the least.

Some interesting numbers here.

(rested = other team played night before while Sabres didn't, neutral = both played or neither played, tired = Sabres played night before while other team was off.)

Ian Ott@IanSabresPR

Some B2B impact perspective: Since lockout, BUF is .718 as rested team (4th in NHL), .606 in neutral games (5th) and .500 when tired (14th).

I'd like Mr Ott to give us the breakdown of the past 5 years.

If they can survive it then they get a breather. The dynamics will be interesting though with a fanbase as vocal in opposition as they have been in a while and any renewed juju of expectations after any moves. If they start out 5-9-2.......it will be interesting to say the least.

Well, maybe it's better to start out slow to reduce expectations than to start out fast (10-5), set false hope, and have it all come crashing down.

All I want is some consistency. Either be good or suck, but pick one and stick to it!

Seems to be the screenplay. Sprinkle in an injury to Myers or Vanek so the PR department can spin full cycle, and we're good to go.

If all we endure is an injury from Myers or Vanek I'll consider us having gotten lucky compared to this past season.

Staying healthy and keeping lines together early in the season will be key. Lindy has to let players develop some chemistry.

Of course my hope is that at least one or two offseason moves make it so that Lindy doesn't feel the need to mix up lines all the time. I remember a couple of seasons post-lockout where the lines stayed pretty solid.

If they start out healthy, with that poor of a record, with the reason for that record being that they generally look like crap (i.e., not close, hard-fought games where the team simply was unlucky), hell, even I'll be calling for his head.

I don't think that's what's going to happen, though. I think the team is going to make a couple of roster changes and re-establish itself among the contenders.

(BTW, if the team does nothing during the offseason, I'll be calling for the other one's head.)

Wow, could Schopp bitch more about the lack of Friday home games on WGR right now. The schedule is out and its not getting changed (barring a lockout). Get over it!

I'm alright with the schedule. Still gonna have to DVR the vast majority of the games, as i work 7pm-3am, but they usually have at least one game on my days off each week.

Wow, could Schopp bitch more about the lack of Friday home games on WGR right now. The schedule is out and its not getting changed (barring a lockout). Get over it!

I had the misfortune of listening. Seriously, the NHL product on back to back nights just sucks, it is an inferior product regardless of wins and losses.

They are legless games that look like they are played in spring slush. They are trap-filled boring games played with maximum safety. I am reluctant to go to games on the 2nd end of back to backs. It usually takes 2 periods for the team (either team) just to get legs.

Im glad there aren't as many Friday games, as those were the majority of games I would go to. I would have to leave work early to do so (work in Elmira), and with the new policy change, I would've had to take PTO rather making up time throughout the week as I used to do (SEE: Complaint thread). This year I'll be hitting up mostly Saturday games, maybe one or two of the Sunday games...yay convenience

It's probably the only night he gets to stay out during the week.

It's probably the only night he gets to stay out during the week.

Well that is just too bleeping bad. I love how no one is calling in and complaining about it. All the calls so far have been positive about the schedule.

Actually there was one complaint. Some putz called in saying its not good because he's got a buddy that works on Chippewa and this team is full of the biggest alcoholics ever and....

...and then they hung up on him.

Well that is just too bleeping bad. I love how no one is calling in and complaining about it. All the calls so far have been positive about the schedule.

Actually there was one complaint. Some putz called in saying its not good because he's got a buddy that works on Chippewa and this team is full of the biggest alcoholics ever and....

...and then they hung up on him.

Alcoholics don't limit their drinking nights to Friday. It will be good for the Chippewa district to have an additional night that is hopping like a Tuesday.

Archived