[OT] Joel Ward Goal , racist barrage

millbank

Are you referring to the letters he received from all of 1 moron that he retrotted out again in a followup story about 7 years later? (IIRC, didn't he retrot them out after his, ahem, 'sleep apnea' came to light?)

The guy that sent the letters is scum. Pure and simple.

But, if the reason Bruce Smith wanted out of Buffalo was a handful of letters he received from a moron in '91, can you please explain to me why he essentially begged the Bills not to match the offer he received from that scumbag Pat Bowlen 2 years earlier? Do you recall the animosity he created with his comments in '89? Please note, I am in no way, shape, or form condoning what that moron did sending the letters to Bruce.

But Bruce getting non-racist nastygrams from fans was of his own doing. And his opinion of Buffalo was set WELL before he ever set foot in Orchard Park. Again, I am not condoning the moron sending him racist letters. It's stupid and pathetic.

Sorry Campy, you'll get a more sympathetic ear from me if you want to discuss the more recent disgusting stupidity that McKelvin had to endure.

The McKelvin incident wasn't race-related, though, was it?

No, it was 99% due to the fact that he fumbled a kick return that should've been fair caught or knelt for a touchback. We had the lead against NE, and lost the game bc we handed Tom Brady 2 beautiful opportunities with the ball in the last minutes, something Buffalo did not allow when they beat them last year. The comments may have been racist, but they stemmed from him fumbling.

Things I've always found funny/asinine:

-People who are racist and love football, a sport dominated by African-American men.

-People who hate Mexicans but love baseball, a sport dominated by Latinos.

It is racist of you to think that all Latino Baseball players are Mexican.

With God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly. :doh:

My bad. For some reason I was thinking that there was something racial painted along with 'take a knee' but turns out it was a drawing of a unit. So it was just an obscenity painted on his lawn, not a racial epiteth; we ARE making progress. :unsure:

With God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly. :doh:

My bad. For some reason I was thinking that there was something racial painted along with 'take a knee' but turns out it was a drawing of a unit. So it was just an obscenity painted on his lawn, not a racial epiteth; we ARE making progress. :unsure:

Well, I guess it could have been racial depending on the size of the drawing. :ph34r:

So now you're going to defend your racism with semantics?

What are you talking about?

My comment was on people who have a constant hatred of "them thar illegals coming in from our unfenced border" yet they love their baseball team without shame. It's about the irony of the situation.

I have no idea what you're getting at.

What are you talking about?

My comment was on people who have a constant hatred of "them thar illegals coming in from our unfenced border" yet they love their baseball team without shame. It's about the irony of the situation.

I have no idea what you're getting at.

he's ###### with you

No, it was 99% due to the fact that he fumbled a kick return that should've been fair caught or knelt for a touchback. We had the lead against NE, and lost the game bc we handed Tom Brady 2 beautiful opportunities with the ball in the last minutes, something Buffalo did not allow when they beat them last year. The comments may have been racist, but they stemmed from him fumbling.

You do realize that you just gave all of these idiots excuses for going off on Ward. They were just mad, they're not really racist. Sorry, but that's not how it works. If those kids who vandalized McKelvin's property did in fact make racial comments, then they are no different from these Boston twitter people. They were angry and resorted to racial comments. 100% identical.

It is racist of you to think that all Latino Baseball players are Mexican.

Mexican's a race now?

Sorry. Eleven was correct. I was just ###### with you. Maybe some emoticons would have helped. My joke was partially based on the vast majority of Latino baseball players being from outside of Mexico.

It's cool. I guess my sarcasm detector was a little off as well. After all, this is relatively serious discussion.

:beer:

You do realize that you just gave all of these idiots excuses for going off on Ward. They were just mad, they're not really racist. Sorry, but that's not how it works. If those kids who vandalized McKelvin's property did in fact make racial comments, then they are no different from these Boston twitter people. They were angry and resorted to racial comments. 100% identical.

Mexican's a race now?

Yeah I realized that after I wrote it, and then got distracted at work so I couldn't go back and clarify or fix that. Yeah, they did to Leodis the exact same thing that the Boston fans are currently doing.

so much for staying low key today :doh:

Are you referring to the letters he received from all of 1 moron that he retrotted out again in a followup story about 7 years later? (IIRC, didn't he retrot them out after his, ahem, 'sleep apnea' came to light?)

The guy that sent the letters is scum. Pure and simple.

But, if the reason Bruce Smith wanted out of Buffalo was a handful of letters he received from a moron in '91, can you please explain to me why he essentially begged the Bills not to match the offer he received from that scumbag Pat Bowlen 2 years earlier? Do you recall the animosity he created with his comments in '89? Please note, I am in no way, shape, or form condoning what that moron did sending the letters to Bruce.

But Bruce getting non-racist nastygrams from fans was of his own doing. And his opinion of Buffalo was set WELL before he ever set foot in Orchard Park. Again, I am not condoning the moron sending him racist letters. It's stupid and pathetic.

Sorry Campy, you'll get a more sympathetic ear from me if you want to discuss the more recent disgusting stupidity that McKelvin had to endure.

I appreciate what you're saying. I can tell you that there was more than one moron who wrote letters - I've seen a shoebox full of them. But before we quibble on details, my point had less to do with Bruce and more to do with the fact that Buffalo and Western New York is not free from racism. It's very much alive and well up there and to believe otherwise is fantasy.

I appreciate what you're saying. I can tell you that there was more than one moron who wrote letters - I've seen a shoebox full of them. But before we quibble on details, my point had less to do with Bruce and more to do with the fact that Buffalo and Western New York is not free from racism. It's very much alive and well up there and to believe otherwise is fantasy.

Oh, it's alive and well here, all right. No question about that. And not just in overt ways, either.

Oh I don't think anyone is arguing that Buffalo is free of racism. The implied thought was that you would think our history would make it less likely.

Wishful thinking for sure, but it's not unwarranted to try and put ourselves a peg or two above Boston.

rasicm exists as long as people are different looking. hey even we were all the same color, people would still find ways to belittle and make fun of one another. like really your wearing THOSE shoes?

Yes, it always will exist. It's sad.

And it's not just an American thing, or a white-vs-black thing; it just happens. "I hate you and your people" is too easy. (But it's ok w/ Bruins fans, right?)

Ask our former poster from Nova Scotia, who took a LOT of offense from an innocuous and innocent post by korabrules. He (NS, not korab) carries a burden that we know very little about, just because of some "ethnic cleansing" in his parents' neighborhood.

That stuff is both inane and insane. And it's been going on since the dawn of man. It won't stop. The best we can do is rise above it, fight it when possible, and ignore those who perpetuate it.

We also need to be sensitive to the real problems, and not the imagined ones. That makes it tougher. A kid in Florida, as tragic as it is (and it IS--holy ######, it is!), shouldn't be the poster child for an anti-racism movement. A photograph of any downtown Buffalo office should (because the faces all will be white).

This city has a lot to do. I can't say the same about bigger cities. But, and I think I'm about as big a Buffalo booster as there is in this city, much less on this board (my posts support it), we have a problem here. We do not involve black people in our businesses at all. Politics? Sure. Black people can get a mayor elected. But that means ######. We need to integrate the talented, no matter what race, and keep them here. 20% of our best and brightest are leaving this city for no reason other than because their skin is dark. That needs to stop right now. We're getting killed out there, and it's not just because our taxes are high. It's also because we have closed minds.

Yes, it always will exist. It's sad.

And it's not just an American thing, or a white-vs-black thing; it just happens. "I hate you and your people" is too easy. (But it's ok w/ Bruins fans, right?)

Ask our former poster from Nova Scotia, who took a LOT of offense from an innocuous and innocent post by korabrules. He (NS, not korab) carries a burden that we know very little about, just because of some "ethnic cleansing" in his parents' neighborhood.

That stuff is both inane and insane. And it's been going on since the dawn of man. It won't stop. The best we can do is rise above it, fight it when possible, and ignore those who perpetuate it.

We also need to be sensitive to the real problems, and not the imagined ones. That makes it tougher. A kid in Florida, as tragic as it is (and it IS--holy ######, it is!), shouldn't be the poster child for an anti-racism movement. A photograph of any downtown Buffalo office should (because the faces all will be white).

This city has a lot to do. I can't say the same about bigger cities. But, and I think I'm about as big a Buffalo booster as there is in this city, much less on this board (my posts support it), we have a problem here. We do not involve black people in our businesses at all. Politics? Sure. Black people can get a mayor elected. But that means ######. We need to integrate the talented, no matter what race, and keep them here. 20% of our best and brightest are leaving this city for no reason other than because their skin is dark. That needs to stop right now. We're getting killed out there, and it's not just because our taxes are high. It's also because we have closed minds.

nice job man. we need to think of everyone as an equal in all aspects of life, that includes women too, i mean whats with the women bashing that some poeple do? unless your joking of course. i think the world jsut need to lighten up honestly.

nice job man. we need to think of everyone as an equal in all aspects of life, that includes women too, i mean whats with the women bashing that some poeple do? unless your joking of course. i think the world jsut need to lighten up honestly.

I am not joking. And I do understand that there is sexism, too, but in this city, racism is a bigger problem.

Archived