Reputation System

SDS

Is there any way you can set up some sort of filter that will block a post that says nothing more than +1?

Probably considering the whole Pominville/Pominstein thing. Something like /^+1$/ on the body of the message should match. Or even better: s/^+1$/I have absolutely not coherent thought to add to this./

Maybe we could just used a different phrase?

F'N Right.

Probably considering the whole Pominville/Pominstein thing. Something like /^+1$/ on the body of the message should match. Or even better: s/^+1$/I have absolutely not coherent thought to add to this./

The problem there is that +1 could have meaning in an actual discussion. Hodgson is +1 on the night. I'd say just let the mods delete +1 posts, but they'd probably get sick of doing it.

The problem there is that +1 could have meaning in an actual discussion. Hodgson is +1 on the night. I'd say just let the mods delete +1 posts, but they'd probably get sick of doing it.

I forget sometimes isn't a system admin forum. :) /^+1$/ would only match if that's the only thing on a line. (^ == beginning of line, $ == end of line). So the above "Hodgson is +1" wouldn't match.

yeah, but I should be able to make that opt-in. Should is the operative word.

Also, I think the concept is fine, but maybe "Like" and the facebook association is a negative. I know vBulletin uses "thanks" instead. Maybe we could just used a different phrase?

I'll go with a Seinfeld treasure.... "you're so good looking"

Archived