[OT] Tedious discussions

spndnchz

I guess I have always wanted to know why the key pad has brail on it at a drive through atm machine??

I'm always amused, too, but I've come up with two easy and plausible explanations. Let's see if you can get them, and we'll check back at 1pm for the answers!

Any conversation involving somebody using personal anecdotes to explain how the world works. To paraphrase Tommy Lee Jones in MIB, your anecdotes mean precisely d*ck.

You know, I once had a conversation with Tommy Lee Jones about how the world works. You see...

Blind people in cabs?

That's better than 'someone in the back seat', it makes more sense.

Oh, and because they probably make one panel for both inside and outside ATMs. No sense having two part numbers, production lines, blanks, spares, etc, etc.

Oh, and because they probably make one panel for both inside and outside ATMs. No sense having two part numbers, production lines, blanks, spares, etc, etc.

That's what I was gonna say. There's no reason to design and build a separate ATM keypad just to take the brail off so they leave it on there. Plus I'm sure the blind drivers appreciate it.

That's the more likely explanation. All about the bottom line.

So, why are manholes round?

Archived