Game day Superstitions

DR HOLLIDAY

Pretty important game for the Sabres tonight. I am gonna try and help the Sabres out by putting all my game day superstitions into full effect.

1) Mike Peca Jersey fabreezed and ready to roll.

2) Rico the Sabre Monkey ready to roll.

3) Becks Beer, 6 pack.

4) Sabre flags placed on either side of the TV.

5) Phone off the hook.

6) One sweaty nervous Sabre fan ready to watch them Smash Philly tonight.

Anyone else have any special things they day for big games?

Pretty important game for the Sabres tonight. I am gonna try and help the Sabres out by putting all my game day superstitions into full effect.

1) Mike Peca Jersey fabreezed and ready to roll.

2) Rico the Sabre Monkey ready to roll.

3) Becks Beer, 6 pack.

4) Sabre flags placed on either side of the TV.

5) Phone off the hook.

6) One sweaty nervous Sabre fan ready to watch them Smash Philly tonight.

Anyone else have any special things they day for big games?

If it's just me, then I'm in my man cave, door shut, Myers jersey on, hat on

If my sister and/or her boyfriend are with me, we're usually either in the living room or at her boyfriends. In either case, we have assigned seats and everyone has their jersey on! My sister has a Pominville slug Jersey, her b/f has the current home Ennis jersey, and I have the current home Myers.

No phone calls or changing the channel is allowed. Sister's B/f's mom did that to us once...the Rangers scored on us! The remote is hidden once the game is turned on.

I don't have as many as I used to, but I sometimes do my own drinking game. The rules are pretty flexible. A beer for every Sabres' goal. If I feel like it, a beer for each period the Sabres don't score. Superstition is if I get ahead on beer they won't score and they won't score until I finish the beer I'm on. If it's a weeknight and the score is ridiculous, goal differential.

My biggest superstition of all is that I refuse to acknowledge my specific superstition out loud. Once I do that, it no longer works. Of course, I have no idea if I've completely changed that now by mentioning this. But yeah, wearing a specific shirt, sitting in a specific spot, missing the first x minutes... once I saw that it works, it no longer works.

I used to religiously don my Sabres jersey before heading out to the man cave to watch each game. Then in the doldrums of Dec/Jan I didn't really watch all the games, and those that I did I didn't wear my jersey. That practice continued throughout this recent run and will remain so for the rest of the season, however long that may be. No Sabres garb for me!

-Vacum the sabres throw rug on my man cave's floor.

-Miller jersey following a good outing, Vanek/Gerbe after a good offensive showing, throwback white home jersey (blank, like the winter classic jerseys) if neither.

-Dr. Pepper, pretzels.

Nothing too crazy, although the playoffs mean a different set of rituals.

-Vacum the sabres throw rug on my man cave's floor.

-Miller jersey following a good outing, Vanek/Gerbe after a good offensive showing, throwback white home jersey (blank, like the winter classic jerseys) if neither.

-Dr. Pepper, pretzels.

Nothing too crazy, although the playoffs mean a different set of rituals.

Man I can't remember the last time I had a Dr. Pepper, lol

I paint the logo of the team we are playing on the back of a animal, and then i slay it to offer to the gods. Size of the animal depends on importance of the games. Tonight will be a large pig. I do this while doing a traditional Mayan rain dance in an effort to let bad luck fall on the enemy.

Go sabres!!! :P

I have no active superstitions. The only thing I used to do applied only when I went to games, I'd have to wear my autographed Hasek goathead because it didn't see a loss for years (probably like 15 games or something like that, including a few playoffs). That jersey even saw the Derek Plante shot that broke Tugnutt's glove and went in. Good times. But then it saw a loss, 2 years ago against Boston, so it has since been retired.

I paint the logo of the team we are playing on the back of a animal, and then i slay it to offer to the gods. Size of the animal depends on importance of the games. Tonight will be a large pig. I do this while doing a traditional Mayan rain dance in an effort to let bad luck fall on the enemy.

Go sabres!!! :P

Should have gone w/ something bigger, like a female Phlyers fan. :o

Archived