GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning 3/19/12

FolignosJock

Guest Sloth

Buffalo would be in a tie for 8th in points, but the Sabres would still be in 9th place due to the tiebreakers. So many what if's could be said right now for not having at least one more point. Go Buffalo tonight!

Buffalo would be in a tie for 8th in points, but the Sabres would still be in 9th place due to the tiebreakers. So many what if's could be said right now for not having at least one more point. Go Buffalo tonight!

Why? It doesn't really matter yet. The goal is to be in 8th place at the end of the season, not be tied for 8th with 10 games left to go.

Moving into a tie for 8th place is a good start.

However, we only move into a tie if Washington loses to Detroit tonight.

Yes, we need this win, or at least 1 point if nothing else.

Giving up that point the other night with 1.9 seconds left because of Weber's incompetence could come back to bite us in the butt. However the good news - our schedule for the next few games is a lot easier than the Caps. And we'll have Tyler Myers back after this game.

Seems like Stafford and Roy are playing harder lately too. I read on WGR's website that Ruff wasn't happy during one of those Florida practices. I wonder if finally there's some pressure from the top (ie, T.P.) to produce!? And maybe that pressure includes the hint that personnel can be replaced in the offseason. Let's hope so.

Good another play for your life hockey game. We have already lost the season series to them 0-3 so I would say we are due.

Forgot about the pretty plays and bury your chances and oh yeah time for TV to unvanish, I'll take a hatty please.

Go Buff-a-lo!

Good another play for your life hockey game. We have already lost the season series to them 0-3 so I would say we are due.

Forgot about the pretty plays and bury your chances and oh yeah time for TV to unvanish, I'll take a hatty please.

Go Buff-a-lo!

I hope someone explains to that dumbkopf Mike Weber that, if there's 5 seconds left on the clock in regulation, we're up by a goal, and Tampa is on the offensive, don't play "soft" like Lindy is always urging him to do - think for yourself and trip someone, HOOK someone, interference penalty, ANYTHING!!!! Break the play UP!!! We could probably survive a 1 second PP by Tampa - I would hope. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Looks like my tickets to the Caps game next week will be worth a lot more than when I bought them in December...

we need a win tonight...not one point. Caps and Jets have a tough schedule this week so this is our shot...go and get it boys.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

Looks like my tickets to the Caps game next week will be worth a lot more than when I bought them in December...

we need a win tonight...not one point. Caps and Jets have a tough schedule this week so this is our shot...go and get it boys.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

I'll be there!!! You'll see me as the only one with a black and red Peca jersey... gotta go old school for this titanic contest. PERFECT record with it on!!!

I'll be there!!! You'll see me as the only one with a black and red Peca jersey... gotta go old school for this titanic contest. PERFECT record with it on!!!

The way the Sabres and Caps have been playing, this is a fitting descriptor--- they both look like they've hit the iceberg ;)

I'm still on the Mario Williams hangover and it might still have some pretty good legs on it. It has definitely made the last few Sbares games easier to watch so it should be a good one tonight. I really think the Sabres have been pretty fun to watch for the last several games so we'll see if they can keep it up.

If they can't win vs Tampa with so much on the line, then I think we have our answer for the umteenth time. Get out with 2 points and we got a pretty fun race on our hands. Detroit needs to bring the A game tonight too....

The way the Sabres and Caps have been playing, this is a fitting descriptor--- they both look like they've hit the iceberg ;)

This sabres/Caps game next week is the equivalent of what the Buffalo/Carolina game was last year - a pivotal 4 point game between 8-9 seeds. Virtually a one game elimination playoff (a 4 point game)

Yes, we need this win, or at least 1 point if nothing else.

Giving up that point the other night with 1.9 seconds left because of Weber's incompetence could come back to bite us in the butt. However the good news - our schedule for the next few games is a lot easier than the Caps. And we'll have Tyler Myers back after this game.

Seems like Stafford and Roy are playing harder lately too. I read on WGR's website that Ruff wasn't happy during one of those Florida practices. I wonder if finally there's some pressure from the top (ie, T.P.) to produce!? And maybe that pressure includes the hint that personnel can be replaced in the offseason. Let's hope so.

Really, putting it on Weber....... it was and is uninspired play from October to the present that has the Sabs in this tight spot... should be an interesting game

The pressure is mounting as we get late into the season. Got a break on the out of town scoreboard last night, we need to take advantage. TB is a team we should beat.

We should of beat them 3 times already this season, I'm worried about this one.

Could not be a better chance to take control of our destiny. Sabres win on the road, Pittsburgh and Detroit win there home games tomorrow and tonight, and the sabres won't need any more help. With a game against washington left, they could control their own destiny by 11pm tomorrow.

Just win.

This sabres/Caps game next week is the equivalent of what the Buffalo/Carolina game was last year - a pivotal 4 point game between 8-9 seeds. Virtually a one game elimination playoff (a 4 point game)

It will also be a 4 point game!

I know, im taking my rather new to hockey girlfriend to this one....hopefully i dont scare her away.

Unless it's a three point game, of course.

Got a bad feeling about this one.. Seems everytime Buffalo comes close to that 8th spot, they lose. And Tampa has owned the season series so far. But Garon is injured is he not? I hope he is because he has dominated Buffalo this season.

True, it's either old man Dwayne Roloson or a rookie with little to no experience named Takarski (?).

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves just yet. Obviously yes, that is going to be a vitally important game (because every game is), but remember that Winnipeg is still in this, too. By the time that game rolls around, Winnipeg could have hold of the 8th spot. Washington could lose some serious ground this week... @Detroit, @Philly, and vs Winnipeg... they could literally enter next week's game vs Buffalo with the same amount of points they have right now, today.

Archived