GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning 3/19/12

FolignosJock

Actually, I was thinking the Foligno is the kind of player we hoped HE would be. I always pictured Kassian as more of a Kaleta-type player, but with more size, more intimidating than annoying and could score a few more goals. So far in Vancouver, Kassian has proved he can hit, and he has scored a bit but Foligno looks like the real deal. He made some excellent defensive plays in the last few games, is always strong on the puck and is big enough that no one has really tried to mess with him (so far). Unless he has a sudden regression, I think Marcus has seen the last of the AHL. Now, if we could only find 6 or 7 more like him... (With the extra draft picks Buffalo has, anyone think we could pry Nick Foligno out of Ottawa around draft time? OK, just a pipe dream, but boy would that be great!).

I have said this ever since Nick started playing for Ottawa and marcus was drafted, I wondered what it would take to get him playing with his brother in Buffalo

The Sabre fans are shouting 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 we want 8.... LOL

From the News:

The legions of Blue and Gold faithful in Tampa Bay Times Forum relished the chance to repeatedly start the franchise's famous goal countdown. After a rousing numeric chant early in the third period, the public address announcer's voice piped through the speakers, saying, "We want eight."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article771502.ece

I find this difficult to believe, and I didn't hear it; can anyone confirm?

Where is all the love for Drew Stafford? 2 goals and 9 points over his last four games? Ennis, Foligno and Stafford are as hot as Adam, Pominville and Vanek were earlier in the year.

To some degree just like Adam took advantage of having his two linemates clicking at the same time; so is Stafford. To expand on what bunomatic mentioned - we know Stafford has talent but all we want from him is to show that talent on a more consistent basis.

I love John Vogl's reply to you!

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl

. @ElevenInBuffalo @billhoppe Why are you asking Hoppe? He doesn't travel with team. And yes, he did. I can't write fiction for the paper!

Actually, I was thinking the Foligno is the kind of player we hoped HE would be. I always pictured Kassian as more of a Kaleta-type player, but with more size, more intimidating than annoying and could score a few more goals. So far in Vancouver, Kassian has proved he can hit, and he has scored a bit but Foligno looks like the real deal. He made some excellent defensive plays in the last few games, is always strong on the puck and is big enough that no one has really tried to mess with him (so far). Unless he has a sudden regression, I think Marcus has seen the last of the AHL. Now, if we could only find 6 or 7 more like him... (With the extra draft picks Buffalo has, anyone think we could pry Nick Foligno out of Ottawa around draft time? OK, just a pipe dream, but boy would that be great!).

He got 2 pts against Buffalo in a 5-3 loss. Woopdeedoo. And he's had hits, but most came in a few games. He had 5 against Buffalo I believe and another game he had some multiple hit games, but the other games he's contributed very little.

Foligno is going to be a better player in this league. I'm glad he's getting a chance.

To some degree just like Adam took advantage of having his two linemates clicking at the same time; so is Stafford. To expand on what bunomatic mentioned - we know Stafford has talent but all we want from him is to show that talent on a more consistent basis. I love John Vogl's reply to you! John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl . @ElevenInBuffalo @billhoppe Why are you asking Hoppe? He doesn't travel with team. And yes, he did. I can't write fiction for the paper!

I'm amazed at this--certainly I didn't think Vogl was writing fiction; maybe just that something wasn't stated correctly and slipped past an editor. I am AMAZED. How would we be reacting if the Sabres' PA announcer did something similar?

And I love Vogl's response, too, but I'll bet Hoppe doesn't!

From the News:

The legions of Blue and Gold faithful in Tampa Bay Times Forum relished the chance to repeatedly start the franchise's famous goal countdown. After a rousing numeric chant early in the third period, the public address announcer's voice piped through the speakers, saying, "We want eight."

http://www.buffalone...ticle771502.ece

I was at the game and we all heard it and we were kind of in disbelieve. We think the PA announcer was trying to tell someone next to him what the crowd was chanting and forgot to turn off his mic or hit the button by accident. All the Sabre fans in our section were laughing when it happened. Kind of a "Did that really just happen?" moment.

Archived