GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning 3/19/12

FolignosJock

What scares me about Tampa is they have been struggling badly the last 2 weeks, having beat the Sabres 3 times already this season and needing a win desperately, they may have some confidence coming into this game (because of the 3 prior wins), while on the other hand the Sabres may be over confident (no reason they should be) because of Tampa's struggles lately. Does this make any sense ? Probably not, since Tampa is already runnin for the bus.

GO SABRES

Ennis is our only center who can take the puck into the zone, and then do something besides giving it away.

His confidence seems to be soaring right now, if he continues with the way he's been playing, I like our chances much better.

There is a reason teams have backup goalies, because goalies wear down MORE than any other player on the team. Until a goalie plays 82 games your statement holds no merit. The best d-men in the league play less than 30 mins a game. Big difference. As for tonight, Tampa Bay has been struggling and we all know how struggling teams play against Buffalo, or I should say how Buffalo lets struggling teams off the hook and make them look great.

They don't wear down the way players do. But the mental side is something based on perfection and like all humans under mental pressure they are going to make mistakes. Goalies cover up other people's mistakes and when they have a hard time doing it, it usually means their mental edge needs rejuvination.

Has anyone noticed that ever since Time Warner re-upped with MSG that the broadcast quality during Sabres games sucks? The picture seems to jerk/vibrate a lot, and especially when the puck is being brought through the neutral zone. It's annoying and is driving me nuts. It does it on every TV I seem to be watching on so it's definitely not the TV.

Archived