GDT: Buffalo vs. Carolina (3/7/2012, 7:00pm)

Corp000085

it's not the size of the dog in the fight....it's the size of the fight in the dog.....

we got out hit 36-18 in our last game....woof.

we also lost the faceoff battle 32-19.......but neither of those are important according to many around here.

sabres win the "hits" stat 19 - 11 and win game.......must be just a coincidence.

What happened to Koziol? Who is this dude?

I'm guessing he's just got the night off... The guy is Pat Malacaro (sp?), who I think normally does the out-of-town scores for GR but has filled in for Koziol in the past.

I'm guessing he's just got the night off... The guy is Pat Malacaro (sp?), who I think normally does the out-of-town scores for GR but has filled in for Koziol in the past.

Oh, I recognize his voice now. When he first started on WGR he couldn't get through an update without mispronouncing a name or stuttering. He sounds much more polished now but still pretty flat. Koziol has really grown into the role, but I REALLY miss Brad Riter on the post game shows. It was nice to hear him back on WGR the past week or so.

Oh, I recognize his voice now. When he first started on WGR he couldn't get through an update without mispronouncing a name or stuttering. He sounds much more polished now but still pretty flat. Koziol has really grown into the role, but I REALLY miss Brad Riter on the post game shows. It was nice to hear him back on WGR the past week or so.

Yeah he's (Pat's) not bad, but I love how animated Koziol gets and the fact that he doesn't hesitate to shut down callers who are just being dumb. I don't think I've ever heard Brad Riter, though.

Yeah he's (Pat's) not bad, but I love how animated Koziol gets and the fact that he doesn't hesitate to shut down callers who are just being dumb. I don't think I've ever heard Brad Riter, though.

Koziol is very good. I listen to the GR postgame show for the sole reason that he is doing it.

On another note, I could see losing Duff to a national broadcast. He's pretty slick.

Koziol is very good. I listen to the GR postgame show for the sole reason that he is doing it.

On another note, I could see losing Duff to a national broadcast. He's pretty slick.

I like Duff a lot. Doesn't he still do NHL On the Fly or NHL Tonight? I guess since they have several guys who do that it wouldn't keep him from taking another offer if one presented itself.

Honestly, Koziol has surpassed Riter in the sense that he understands the game much better. With Riter it felt like you were sitting it's a friend at a bar talking Sabres, which was cool. They both interact with Paul Hamilon exceptionally.

Brian Duff was a host on NHL Network before he joined the Sabres broadcast. I heard an interview with Schopp and The Bulldog sometime last year and apparently Duff grew up in Southern Ontario as a lifelong Sabres fan. He was riffing on some pretty obscure Sabres trivia and history. Once upon a time the Knoxes were able to attract Ted Darling away from intermission host on Hockey Night in Canada. I'd love Duff take a stab at PBP but he's the perfect intermission host.

Brian Duff was a host on NHL Network before he joined the Sabres broadcast. I heard an interview with Schopp and The Bulldog sometime last year and apparently grew Duff grew up in Southern Ontario as a lifelong Sabres fan. He was riffing on some pretty obscure Sabres trivia and history. Once upon a time the Knoxes were able to attract Ted Darling away from intermission host on Hokey Night in Canada. I'd love to Duff take a stage at PBP but he's the perfect intermission host.

Good stuff. I'd love him to do the PBP.

On the road. That makes 41, of his 61, points in 35 home games for Pominville.

Interesting.

As for the game tonight:

- I thought they had much more jump and created many more scoring chances than they've done in the past few games.

- Myers was a beast.

- Very ugly goal that Miller gave up to Pidgeon, but he played well in the 3rd.

- Once again, good zone time and a good number of chances for Hodgy-Ennis-Stafford, but no finish.

- Sulzer has acquitted himself reasonably well in the 2 games he's played.

- I would play Enroth tomorrow night in Boston.

- Either way, I'll be interested to see if the fragile little children reappear in light of their having to play back-to-back and travel. It's a built-in excuse for those inclined to rely on it.

- Toronto gave up a lead and lost in regulation tonight. In addition, Lupul is out for a month. The Leafs are done. I would also predict that the Capitals will run for the bus and that goaltending will be Tampa's undoing. So I think it will probably come down to the Sabres and Winnipeg for that #8 slot.

- Vanek in particular had a lot of jump tonight. If he keeps that up he will start scoring regularly -- and the Sabres just might do it.

- Winnipeg is at Vancouver tomorrow night, while TB plays Washington. If the Sabres beat Boston, Winnipeg loses in regulation to Vancouver and TB beats Washington in regulation, the Sabres will be in #8.

Interesting.

As for the game tonight:

- I thought they had much more jump and created many more scoring chances than they've done in the past few games.

- Myers was a beast.

- Very ugly goal that Miller gave up to Pidgeon, but he played well in the 3rd.

- Once again, good zone time and a good number of chances for Hodgy-Ennis-Stafford, but no finish.

- Sulzer has acquitted himself reasonably well in the 2 games he's played.

- I would play Enroth tomorrow night in Boston.

- Either way, I'll be interested to see if the fragile little children reappear in light of their having to play back-to-back and travel. It's a built-in excuse for those inclined to rely on it.

- Toronto gave up a lead and lost in regulation tonight. In addition, Lupul is out for a month. The Leafs are done. I would also predict that the Capitals will run for the bus and that goaltending will be Tampa's undoing. So I think it will probably come down to the Sabres and Winnipeg for that #8 slot.

- Vanek in particular had a lot of jump tonight. If he keeps that up he will start scoring regularly -- and the Sabres just might do it.

- Winnipeg is at Vancouver tomorrow night, while TB plays Washington. If the Sabres beat Boston, Winnipeg loses in regulation to Vancouver and TB beats Washington in regulation, the Sabres will be in #8.

The way Vancity is playing don't count on it. Hopefully!

He misses Miller's wife.

If Pominville missed Miller's wife does that mean it hit Miller? :blink:

[snip]

There still is an optimist in there somewhere.

Archived