GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Winnipeg Jets 3/5/12 8:00PM

thesportsbuff

Does Versus just go out of it's way to hire dullards for commentators? One of those pinheads was just talking up Derek Roy as 'one of the big guys'.

Were they talking size or importance? If Roy is playing well and scoring points he is very important. When he is not he can be a huge liability.

Well, Brian Duff just pointed out that Roy was the guy on the hot streak before this roadie and it's been Pominville and Vanek who haven't done ###### in a while, and I gotta say, he has a point. I just think they need Ennis back or hey even Hodgson with them, and get Roy back to the line he was on during his little spree. Fixed.

Anger gone and reality sets in:

Need a face-off guy again

Team is way too small for big time hockey

Roy needs to be injured in order to vanish

The past 3 games I have said they are getting pushed around like rag dolls. After Anaheim, I was like ok, they got away with that one and tomorrow will be easier. Then they get pushed around by San Jose, Vancouver AND the Jets??

There is a major problem still and miller has masked it until tonight.

Does Versus just go out of it's way to hire dullards for commentators? One of those pinheads was just talking up Derek Roy as 'one of the big guys'.

Gotta love listening to Pierre McGuire inform us where every player played college or junior hockey when he mentions someones name. Douchebag!

Edit: Oh yeah, Ruff is a douche as well. Loved seeing D-wreck Roy sent out as the extra guy. Way to go Lindsy.

Well, Brian Duff just pointed out that Roy was the guy on the hot streak before this roadie and it's been Pominville and Vanek who haven't done ###### in a while, and I gotta say, he has a point. I just think they need Ennis back or hey even Hodgson with them, and get Roy back to the line he was on during his little spree. Fixed.

Roy was on his "I gotta look good for a few games so they don't trade me' streak. And it worked because Ruff is as sharp as a brick.

Duff should have said something like the "perennially underperforming Derek Roy" - that I could have agreed with.

Roy was on his "I gotta look good for a few games so they don't trade me' streak. And it worked because Ruff is as sharp as a brick.

Duff should have said something like the "perennially underperforming Derek Roy" - that I could have agreed with.

I wanna see him traded, as well as many here, but those wouldn;t be the words I'd use to describe him. No matter how you wanna spin it, Vanek and Pominville cannot blame Roy for their collective heads up their ######.

The past 3 games I have said they are getting pushed around like rag dolls. After Anaheim, I was like ok, they got away with that one and tomorrow will be easier. Then they get pushed around by San Jose, Vancouver AND the Jets??

Masked it? It's easy. They can't score. As good as this streak was, there are still too many 1 or 2 goal games. The GF column says it all. Plus, what was Ennis thinking at the end of the 1st. There's less than 10 seconds on the clock and he's twisting and turning and not shooting, scoring opportunity squandered.

Masked it? It's easy. They can't score. As good as this streak was, there are still too many 1 or 2 goal games. The GF column says it all. Plus, what was Ennis thinking at the end of the 1st. There's less than 10 seconds on the clock and he's twisting and turning and not shooting, scoring opportunity squandered.

I was yelling at Ennis during that last second rush to shoot or pass it. What is he doing trying to go behind the net as time expires. Looks like everyone had brain cramps tonight.

Can anyone explain why people think Myers is so great?

PTR

I liked Myers game up until the glaring turnover early in the 3rd. He was skating strong, had a couple good rushes and shots from the point, and was playing physical against the Jets top line. When he made that horrible turnover (albeit one of dozens for the team tonight) he got tentative with the puck and started making stupid rushed plays.

Derek-Roy-Funny.jpg

And there it is...the birth of the SGMs.

And eff those pinheads in Winnipeg. Miller is 10x the goalie they have.

PTR

+1

I was yelling at Ennis during that last second rush to shoot or pass it. What is he doing trying to go behind the net as time expires. Looks like everyone had brain cramps tonight.

Agreed. I almost had to explain myself to those in the house not watching the game. Leg cramps I'd understand, but if you don't shoot, you don't score, and if you don't screen the goaltender, you also don't score.

Just a comment about Winnipeg.....

Ted Black should be a man and send them the Hockey Heaven trademark.

I don't know how any hockey fan could watch tonight's game and not get chills the way that whole place brought it. Crazy thing is, their "core" is all in their early 20's.

The benefit of giving the young kids the chance to show their stuff instead of throwing the same garbage on the ice like Derek Roy.

Just a comment about Winnipeg.....

Ted Black should be a man and send them the Hockey Heaven trademark.

I don't know how any hockey fan could watch tonight's game and not get chills the way that whole place brought it. Crazy thing is, their "core" is all in their early 20's.

Great crowd there, like an old Aud crowd. But chances are the Bills tailgating is better than the Blue Bombers.

Great crowd there, like an old Aud crowd. But chances are the Bills tailgating is better than the Blue Bombers.

That's what it reminded me of....smaller building, smart and loud fans....boards crashing. Even the players saluting the fans at the end.....

Then you listen to the post game interviews, how the words are from the heart and just flow out of Thorburn and Wheeler. Man! These guys might be a year away from making a push. They have so much beef that they could actually trade away some and be fine. That's a nice position to be in going forward.

Maybe Lindy will move Hodgson to RW so he can have Roy center a line with Ennis and Cody?

I didn't like much of what I saw from Roy the whole trip.

I think it is time to let Pominville and Vanek to have a few games with Hodgson.

32 points left on the table. In the last 16 games they earned 20 points if my math is correct. That leaves Buffalo with 88 points at the end of the season if they average the same over 16 games.

Winning tonight would have changed that to 92 points at the end of the season.

I agree. Just look at it as if we just played game 4 of a playoff series. We won the first 3 games but because of our size and grit problems by the time game 4 has ended we are done from being manhandled for the first 4 games of the series. Not sure we can win one more to close out the series. Unless Miller steals us one.

Yet another disgraceful performance in a measuring stick game.

This was it. This was the night to seize it by the throat. And, in the breach, what did we get? A whole lotta $4MM-and-up passengers waving ineffectually at loose pucks while a Jet swooped in and picked them up. Not a single GD play demonstrating heart, intensity or even high skill out of a Sabres forward in the top 9.

This is why this team isn't going anywhere until the forward group is significantly remade.

This is why you unload as many of these losers at the deadline as you can.

This is why if you can trade Vanek for Shea Weber you do it before Nashville can change its mind.

I'm still sticking to the DeLuca armistice, but I don't think it's a violation to say that the Sabres' forwards are pathetic.

Here's how that went down....

Ruff: "Stop sucking!"

Roy: ".....NO!"

Vanek looks at his shoes.

Pominville stares out the window.

Everyone leaves the room.

:lol: :(

That is just ridiculous.

Winnipeg has something the Sabres desperately need, a real home ice advantage, Winnipeg is now 21-14 at home. The Jets are also 11-21 on the road. Luckily for the Sabres, 9 of the Jets final 15 games are on the road.

They are everything a hockey crowd should be.

Archived