• Win
    • Lose
  2. 2. Give them a grade

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Win win win baby, and A+ grade. A FIRST rounder for Gaustad? Everyone said that was too high, and Darcy was crazy.... Darcy brings back a first AND a fourth. Kassian, though an A-level prospect, has largely underwhelmed here -- we got our #1 center of the future. It's EXACTLY what we needed. What is there not to like?

Can't really say win or lose. If you gave me a A through F scale, I'd give them somewhere between a C+ and a B+, depending on how Hodgson turns out.

I'm with you.

What has been the biggest problem with the Sabres to most people?

1) Lack of Toughness/Heart

2) Core that can't get it done

3) Lack of Centers

Here's what they did:

1) Kassian/Gaustad out, Hodgson in Fail

2) Roy. Stafford, Vanek, Pominville, Miller here still Fail

3) Talented #2/#3ish center in Pass

I'm with you.

3) Lack of Centers

Here's what they did:

I think it's a little unreasonable to expect them to deal with all of these issues at one time.

I'm with you.

3) Lack of Centers

Here's what they did:

You can't solve all of the problems at once. The Gaustad trade shows to me that the Sabres are looking forward to next year instead of hoping for the playoffs this year. This is a positive shift in focus by the management, IMO.

EDIT:

I think it's a little unreasonable to expect them to deal with all of these issues at one time.

d4rk got it first.

I'm with you.

3) Lack of Centers

Here's what they did:

No, I think you're looking at it a little more negatively than I am. I don't see a problem losing Gaustad (possibly temporarily), keeping Roy (without knowing what was offered), keeping Poms, Vanek, Miller.

I'm with you.

3) Lack of Centers

Here's what they did:

Do you know something that we don't with the #3ish part? Or is that just you not being very positive, as per usual? I suppose I can't substantiate him being a number one any more than you can substantiate him being a number three, but general consensus seems to be that he has the potential to be much more than a #3ish.

Do you know something that we don't with the #3ish part? Or is that just you not being very positive, as per usual? I suppose I can't substantiate him being a number one any more than you can substantiate him being a number three, but general consensus seems to be that he has the potential to be much more than a #3ish.

And Kassian has the potential to be Mike Bossy/ Cam Neely.

I think Hodgson is a slightly larger version of Derek Roy in his skill set.

They needed a center, they got a finesse center and traded away their best power forward prospect in years. That's all I'm saying.

People are all excited in a frenzy because it is something new. I'm not saying it's bad, but if you look at the season as a whole, what the biggest failures have been, and look at what was done today, it really isn't a step forward or a step back.

I'm just glad that Kassian and Gragnani got out of here while they are still kids. It will watch Kassian's development with great interest.

They needed a center, they got a finesse center and traded away their best power forward prospect in years. That's all I'm saying.

People are all excited in a frenzy because it is something new. I'm not saying it's bad, but if you look at the season as a whole, what the biggest failures have been, and look at what was done today, it really isn't a step forward or a step back.

I'm just glad that Kassian and Gragnani got out of here while they are still kids. It will watch Kassian's development with great interest.

Kassian's development could be the biggest indicator yet in the age old debate of whether LR's system and coaching prevents players from playing physical and tough. We saw him young with LR and now we can see what his development looks like...

I think you're hugely underselling the need for centers on this roster.

And I hope that's not how you're going to start referring to yourself.

Archived