• Win
    • Lose
  2. 2. Give them a grade

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Wow.....I bet you charge as much as you can on your ex's credit card #'s you write down, right after you break up.

You cold, woman....

Just saying that kassian wanted to be a playa not some goon. He just didn't have it in him to change overnight. All the best Kass.

Neither your thoughts, nor mine, on health care belong in a thread about how the Sabres did on deadline day. You know that.

Have you read the story of his back and how the Canadian doctors misdiagnosed it, made it worse, and he finally got it taken care of properly in the USA? I guess it doesn't matter. You wear your Junior Moderator Badge with pride. cop.gif

Yes sir, I be good, sir. No chain of thought, sir, just edited posts, sir, so the most petty and intolerant among us won't be offended, sir.

Have you read the story of his back and how the Canadian doctors misdiagnosed it, made it worse, and he finally got it taken care of properly in the USA? I guess it doesn't matter. You wear your Junior Moderator Badge with pride. cop.gif

Yes sir, I be good, sir. No chain of thought, sir, just edited posts, sir, so the most petty and intolerant among us won't be offended, sir.

<_<

Who is this guy's dad? Why is he allowed to even be a factor between a pro player and a pro team?

Wow! Some interesting background with the dad. Let's just say if Ted Nolan were still the coach.....I don't think Hodgson would be coming to town. Check out Ipperwash Park and the history. Never heard of it but maybe some of the Canadians did. I wonder if that background and the dad's meddling with the Canucks just made Vancouver want to get rid of a headache.

So he'll be turned into the goon he always wanted to be. And end up being a Andrew Peters. Sorry Mr. Kassian. We know it's not what you wanted. You wanted to be a star, a goal scorer, something other than a goon but the rep sticks.

well you should be very excited about this one, i remember you stating you wanted a 2nd briere type deal. And this one might be it.

we loose a d-man but we got enough young prospects that might be even better then him and in the end no one is going to care about kassian much.

next game i hope our first line is vanek - hodgon - pominville :P

Do you want me to show the training camp video again?

The guy DID have the instincts....he was too worried about playing defense and not getting penalties. He was 20 years old and already a wrecking ball.

It may take 3 years....but this will be my redemption in nailing Lindy's system.

I hope the kid scores a GWG in the Stanley Cup this year.

I hope he does too..I am happy for him. He is out and safe on a very good team now.

well you should be very excited about this one, i remember you stating you wanted a 2nd briere type deal. And this one might be it.

we loose a d-man but we got enough young prospects that might be even better then him and in the end no one is going to care about kassian much.

next game i hope our first line is vanek - hodgon - pominville :P

no chance

I'm with you.

What has been the biggest problem with the Sabres to most people?

1) Lack of Toughness/Heart

2) Core that can't get it done

3) Lack of Centers

Here's what they did:

1) Kassian/Gaustad out, Hodgson in Fail

2) Roy. Stafford, Vanek, Pominville, Miller here still Fail

3) Talented #2/#3ish center in Pass

I agree with all of this. Yesterday's moves were good in the abstract but not sufficient in context.

I think it's a little unreasonable to expect them to deal with all of these issues at one time.

If the goal was to unload underperforming mediocrities and clear cap space, yesterday was the day. There was no reason to wait. DR was fully capable of multiple processing and getting more done yesterday. The problem, I fear, is that he thinks the team is better with Roy, Stafford and Leopold than with what he could've gotten for them yesterday plus the cap space. I think he undervalues cap space and the associated flexibility, and overvalues Roy and Stafford.

Are you OK with Hodgson being the only change to the top 6 going into next year? I'm not, and I think yesterday was the best opportunity to change it up.

Do you want me to show the training camp video again?

The guy DID have the instincts....he was too worried about playing defense and not getting penalties. He was 20 years old and already a wrecking ball.

It may take 3 years....but this will be my redemption in nailing Lindy's system.

I hope the kid scores a GWG in the Stanley Cup this year.

The training camp video proved exactly zero. It certainly didn't say anything about his instincts. And even if Kassian becomes a great player, it will have zero probity with respect to your theory about Lindy's system. You can't just cherry-pick one guy out of 5 who does well, while the other 4 don't, and say that the one outlier proves your theory.

(Well you can, if you like, but all that is is spin and cherry-picking.)

Yep. There's a whole thread for that. And I hope it stops infecting the book thread, too. Go to the state of the union thing and have it out there, where the rest of us can look at it, or not, as we please. Thanks.

I hope this means you've moved on from the little digs as well.

Reads like Hodgson should be, too, at least until Obamacare wrecks health care in this country.

You have got to be kidding.

There's a reason you are getting pushback on these posts. No one wants to read this BS (and I say that without regard for the merits of your position).

I agree with all of this. Yesterday's moves were good in the abstract but not sufficient in context.

The training camp video proved exactly zero. It certainly didn't say anything about his instincts. And even if Kassian becomes a great player, it will have zero probity with respect to your theory about Lindy's system. You can't just cherry-pick one guy out of 5 who does well, while the other 4 don't, and say that the one outlier proves your theory.

(Well you can, if you like, but all that is is spin and cherry-picking.)

I look at yesterday like this. A young homeless guy is single and has no girlfriends. He lives on the beach with some of his buds and panhandles. Yesterday that guy found a cute, punkrock girl to hang out with. On her own she looks sweet and will draw attention away in the shortrun that you are homeless, but you still have no foundation to build your life around. You are still a homeless guy who is now getting a little nookie on the side.

As for the Vancouver power forward thing. They obviously agree with me. If I am wrong, so are they. The only guy who never made it was Bernier, and Mancari is just emergency depth no matter where. Pyatt...you really need to look at his whole body of work. As soon as he left the Sabres, he hasn't been a minus, he is averaging over 15 goals a year, and his hit total skyrocketed and he would lead the Sabres over the past 5 years.

Torres....he failed in Buffalo. Lindy called him a fatass and he was a healthy scratch. Next year he is scoring a game winner in the Cup. He had a history so there is nothing saying Lindy ruined him.....he just didn't know how to use him without an offseason of Lindy Re-education.

Kassian is the first guy with real talent from Buffalo that wasn't here long enough to be tainted for life. Pyatt was 4 years older and he did wonders turning his career around there. Gragnani also showed so much promise in the playoffs that he has a shot as well. Different type of player.....same logic. Guy comes up not knowing system....plays balls out and with no pressure....does well.

You may not agree with the philosophy but it is there. This happens in the real world all the time. It happens in racing where I am. There is a certain trainer I know who only knows how to sprint a dirt horse. When he has a turf horse that should go long, he crams it in a cheaper dirt race. You can claim a horse for 12.5 that is worth 30 on the turf next time. Sure, you do it enough you are going to get your bums or a lame horse, but he doesn't run enough for the whole world to know about it. Everyone agrees Kassian has talent. Look at him like that trainer who sprinted him on the dirt his first race and he won big. He tried him in a stakes race on the dirt next time and couldn't keep up. You go to his barn and offer him $150K for the horse after the loss. He is ecstatic with the cash, and now you develop him to be a top turf horse next summer. Will he make it at the top? Who knows for sure....but you factor in all the variables, and I'd be excited if I were Vancouver fans.

Doesn't mean Hodgson is not good. Maybe both teams will be super happy in a few years. That's how a good trade should work.

As for the Vancouver power forward thing. They obviously agree with me. If I am wrong, so are they. The only guy who never made it was Bernier, and Mancari is just emergency depth no matter where. Pyatt...you really need to look at his whole body of work. As soon as he left the Sabres, he hasn't been a minus, he is averaging over 15 goals a year, and his hit total skyrocketed and he would lead the Sabres over the past 5 years.

Torres....he failed in Buffalo. Lindy called him a fatass and he was a healthy scratch. Next year he is scoring a game winner in the Cup. He had a history so there is nothing saying Lindy ruined him.....he just didn't know how to use him without an offseason of Lindy Re-education.

Kassian is the first guy with real talent from Buffalo that wasn't here long enough to be tainted for life. Pyatt was 4 years older and he did wonders turning his career around there. Gragnani also showed so much promise in the playoffs that he has a shot as well. different type of player.....same logic. Guy comes up not knowing system....plays balls out and with no pressure....does well.

Yes -- if you are wrong so are they. At this point the evidence decidedly supports the conclusion that you and they are both wrong. Bernier and Mancari are total washouts. Torres is a journeyman -- he's on his 5th team in 5 years. Pyatt is an OK 3rd liner, but that's all -- he's playing 12 minutes per game this year and his ice time has bounced around that level for the past few years. So it's not like he was unleashed once he left the Sabres.

Moreover, it can't be ignored that Vancouver has given up on ALL of these guys. So while they do indeed seem to think that they can get more out of ex-Sabre big forwards, the results are pretty close to a 100% failure rate.

I wish Kassian the best. I just don't see how anyone can point to Vancouver's record with the above players and say "Aha! They know how to handle power forwards better than the Sabres do!"

If the goal was to unload underperforming mediocrities and clear cap space, yesterday was the day. There was no reason to wait. DR was fully capable of multiple processing and getting more done yesterday. The problem, I fear, is that he thinks the team is better with Roy, Stafford and Leopold than with what he could've gotten for them yesterday plus the cap space. I think he undervalues cap space and the associated flexibility, and overvalues Roy and Stafford.

Are you OK with Hodgson being the only change to the top 6 going into next year? I'm not, and I think yesterday was the best opportunity to change it up.

I think I've previously stated that I would not be pleased if the addition of Hodgson and the subtraction of Gaustad were the only moves made before next year. Although you may be right that yesterday was "the best opportunity", that has yet to be seen. Until we see how the summer plays out it was only "an opportunity."

If Roy and Stafford are moved during the summer for a return that is less than could have been gotten yesterday, then I will not be happy. I expect that Darcy either wasn't receiving fair value for them yesterday, or that he has a hunch he can do better during the summer with the weak FA market.

As for the Vancouver power forward thing. They obviously agree with me. If I am wrong, so are they.

One more item on this: Here is what the Vancouver newspaper's sports columnist has to say on this particular issue:

Is he going to be a Lucic type right away? Highly unlikely. There's a risk here. Maybe they got Kyle Beach in that 2008 draft after all. Let's face it, the history of big forwards coming over from Buffalo with this administration hasn't been great. But will he make a contribution in several ways immediately? The Canucks certainly hope so.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Gillis+listening+people+organization/6220244/story.html

Now, that is just another guy's opinion -- but he is someone who follows the Canucks and writes about them for a living.

I think I've previously stated that I would not be pleased if the addition of Hodgson and the subtraction of Gaustad were the only moves made before next year. Although you may be right that yesterday was "the best opportunity", that has yet to be seen. Until we see how the summer plays out it was only "an opportunity."

If Roy and Stafford are moved during the summer for a return that is less than could have been gotten yesterday, then I will not be happy. I expect that Darcy either wasn't receiving fair value for them yesterday, or that he has a hunch he can do better during the summer with the weak FA market.

Conceptually you are right about the bolded part and there is no way we'll know what could have been had yesterday. I can only go by historical trends. I think those trends demonstrate that the best returns for sellers are realized at the deadline. E..g. I cannot imagine getting a #1 for Gaustad in the offseason.

One more item on this: Here is what the Vancouver newspaper's sports columnist has to say on this particular issue:

http://www.theprovin...0244/story.html

Now, that is just another guy's opinion -- but he is someone who follows the Canucks and writes about them for a living.

Conceptually you are right about the bolded part and there is no way we'll know what could have been had yesterday. I can only go by historical trends. I think those trends demonstrate that the best returns for sellers are realized at the deadline. E..g. I cannot imagine getting a #1 for Gaustad in the offseason.

I don't disagree. I just can't jump to the conclusion that since they weren't moved yesterday that they wont be moved at all. Maybe they move at the draft? Maybe during FA? We just don't know what Darcy is thinking, we can only speculate.

Archived