Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

DeLuca, you actually make a good point about Satan right there. He was a talented player, no doubt. That doesn't take away from Briere, though, AND it plays right into why Cody Hodgson doesn't have more points: same reason as Satan.

How was Kassian last night in Vancouver's third period? Oh, that's right.

Kassian contributed as much to Vancouver's third period as Hodgson did the Sabres 3rd period.

Hodgson at least generated chances and was out there exerting the effort. To say that he wasn't contributing is kind of naive even for you.

I blame Leino.

To say the Sabres, especially Hodgson. generated anything in the third period of that game is naive.

To say the Sabres, especially Hodgson. generated anything in the third period of that game is naive.

Sorry had some business stuff to deal with last night so I didn't get around to answering you. However, The Sabres were generating zone time and shots when Hodgson's line was on the ice. Anytime Leino's line was out there, they were consistently hemmed into their own zone or stuck to futile zone entry attempts.

• 1 month later...

TSN reporting Hodgson just added to Team Canada roster for World Championships.

Kassian is awaiting word on Dave Tippett's helmet clubbing policy before agreeing to commit.

Edited by dudacek

Let's put it this way....with Cody Hodgson's skillset, he will NEVER make the Olympics. There will always be 20 or 30 guys who are just as talented or better, bigger, or tougher.

There is a 30% chance Kassian makes an Olympic roster over time.

Hodgson is a fine player, but a commodity in NHL terms. Put Plante, Holzinger, Dawe, Satan, Turgeon, Hogue, Roy, Connolly in a blender.....and you have Hodgson.

What were your odds for Kassian making an Olympic team again? Over 60%? If he can't even make the world championships, yikes...

Can there really be a comparable Kassian-esk player that was on a contending Olympic Roster this year? Let alone the Canadian one?

The best guys on the ice were Perry, Nash, Kunitz. The big ice is built for big forwards. Heck, Girgensons took it to the net strong a dozen or so times.

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

The best guys on the ice were Perry, Nash, Kunitz. The big ice is built for big forwards. Heck, Girgensons took it to the net strong a dozen or so times.

Kunitz? Your eyes have failed you; Crosby's caddy making the team was the running joke of the Olympics.

Secondly, I thought we all agreed that Kassian's wet dream ceiling was Lucic? Well Lucic is in his prime and still didn't even get a sniff, yet Kassian has a 30% chance of making it at some point? Perry/Nash have significantly more offensive ability than Kassian, so just because they're all supposed to be power forwards does not make them comparable.

I get that you love Kassian, but you've officially lost touch with reality when talking about him.

Kunitz? Your eyes have failed you; Crosby's caddy making the team was the running joke of the Olympics.

Secondly, I thought we all agreed that Kassian's wet dream ceiling was Lucic? Well Lucic is in his prime and still didn't even get a sniff, yet Kassian has a 30% chance of making it at some point? Perry/Nash have significantly more offensive ability than Kassian, so just because they're all supposed to be power forwards does not make them comparable.

I get that you love Kassian, but you've officially lost touch with reality when talking about him.

You are taking it out of context. The point was comparing the two of them and why someone would want Kassian over Hodgson. Hodgson is a commodity in hockey. Kassian may well end up there as well, but he checks all the boxes....including stupidity unfortunately.

The 2 games I saw, I like Kunitz. So be it.

You are taking it out of context. The point was comparing the two of them and why someone would want Kassian over Hodgson. Hodgson is a commodity in hockey. Kassian may well end up there as well, but he checks all the boxes....including stupidity unfortunately.

The 2 games I saw, I like Kunitz. So be it.

I like Kunitz.

• 2 months later...