Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

Connolly needs to go! Stafford needs to go! Leino needs to go! Hodgson needs to go! Anyone else noticing a pattern? Like the previous three times, I'll wait for the rest of you catch up ;)

I notice a pattern. You're right on the first three and I was right there with you the whole time.

Connolly needs to go! Stafford needs to go! Leino needs to go! Hodgson needs to go! Anyone else noticing a pattern? Like the previous three times, I'll wait for the rest of you catch up ;)

Do you really think Hodgy needs to go? I can accept that you'd rather still have Kassian than Hodgy (I don't agree, but your view is not crazy), but saying that Hodgy is a net negative to the team -- that seems unjustified.

Edited by nfreeman

Do you really think Hodgy needs to go? I can accept that you'd rather still have Kassian than Hodgy (I don't agree, but your view is not crazy), but saying that Hodgy is a net negative to the team -- that seems unjustified.

I honestly believe that when it comes time for this team to win that there will be no place on this roster for Cody Hodgson. He is an average talent on a team with no talent offensively. He has little if any intensity and spends most of his time on the ice invisible. He is a perfect Regier Era style player. Like any player there is the possibility of a turnaround. I just don't see any of the qualities in him needed to make that happen. I just don;t think he cares enough.

If I'm wrong down the line I'll admit it. I'm 100% sure right now that I'm not.

I honestly believe that when it comes time for this team to win that there will be no place on this roster for Cody Hodgson. He is an average talent on a team with no talent offensively. He has little if any intensity and spends most of his time on the ice invisible. He is a perfect Regier Era style player. Like any player there is the possibility of a turnaround. I just don't see any of the qualities in him needed to make that happen. I just don;t think he cares enough.

If I'm wrong down the line I'll admit it. I'm 100% sure right now that I'm not.

I agree with this 100%.

I also think that it has absolutely nothing to do with Kassian being a meat head and not really having a place on a winning team either.

I feel like we won the trade, but who really cares? It's like celebrating a preseason win.

Count me in on dumping Hodgson, but many of you knew that already. deluca makes the case very well.

My thoughts on Hodgson have no bearing on Kassian, other than the equation that Swamp makes, which I agree with.

Both players minuses supercede their pluses, and neither belong on a contending team.

I'll make the case for Hodgson. He's better than he's getting credit for. I agree that he lacks intensity, but in reality not every single member of your top 6 is a blood and guts player. I am fine with Hodgson as our 2nd line center going forward and am looking forward to him continuing to improve his game. Every single spot around him in the top 6 needs to be filled in properly if we're going to have playoff success, though. I definitely don't think Ennis is one of those pieces.

I agree. 50-60 point scorers are just not needed on a cup team

I'll make the case for Hodgson. He's better than he's getting credit for. I agree that he lacks intensity, but in reality not every single member of your top 6 is a blood and guts player. I am fine with Hodgson as our 2nd line center going forward and am looking forward to him continuing to improve his game. Every single spot around him in the top 6 needs to be filled in properly if we're going to have playoff success, though. I definitely don't think Ennis is one of those pieces.

Just wait until he's on a legit second line, with legit second-line players. He'll be fine, and DeLuca will use the wiggle room he built into his post to say that he turned it around. Fact is, he's not a good two-way player. He really isn't. Other fact is, he's still better than Kassian.

BTW, DeLuca, which one is the one that Darcy drafted? So which one is the "Darcy player," as you posited?

Edited by Eleven

Current scoring pace is above 50 points assuming 82 games. On one of the most offensively challenged teams since 1967.

And (mostly) without any talent on either side. The guy is playing with Foligno on his wing half of the time, FFS. And the other half, Leino.

Edited by Eleven

Just wait until he's on a legit second line, with legit second-line players. He'll be fine, and DeLuca will use the wiggle room he built into his post to say that he turned it around. Fact is, he's not a good two-way player. He really isn't. Other fact is, he's still better than Kassian.

BTW, DeLuca, which one is the one that Darcy drafted? So which one is the "Darcy player," as you posited?

I'm sure you recall at the time of the pick how the conversation was all about Kassian being such a departure from the Regier M.O.. Many felt it was a pick in response to the criticism of the Sabres organization for having a forwards ranks that was too small to win in the NHL. It true Regier fashion he flipped that player, which I doubt he ever felt comfortable with, for a player that fit what he was trying to build.

Current scoring pace is above 50 points assuming 82 games. On one of the most offensively challenged teams since 1967.

The Briere/Connolly imaginary point calculator resurfaces.

I'm sure you recall at the time of the pick how the conversation was all about Kassian being such a departure from the Regier M.O.. Many felt it was a pick in response to the criticism of the Sabres organization for having a forwards ranks that was too small to win in the NHL. It true Regier fashion he flipped that player, which I doubt he ever felt comfortable with, for a player that fit what he was trying to build.

The Briere/Connolly imaginary point calculator resurfaces.

1. As usual, Regier got the better of the trade. He couldn't build a team, but damn, he could trade.

2. Briere and Connolly in the same breath? What?

1. As usual, Regier got the better of the trade. He couldn't build a team, but damn, he could trade.

2. Briere and Connolly in the same breath? What?

Yeah! I file this right with those post from those that said the Stafford contract was good value and Leino was a great free agent signing because of his puck possession.

Briere and Connolly, the two most prolific 100 point scores (according to this board) to never score 100 points in a season. Hell, Briere cashed those imaginary points into $52 mil.

Missing ten games (for getting in a shot lane and breaking a wrist/thumb) and if you project based on the missing games he's at 45 points assuming he closes out the season. That's still factoring in on about 25% of this teams scoring for the full year. Not too shabby for a 24 year old that most are slotting as a 2nd line center at best.

Looking at his future, you have to assume that after two top 3 draft picks, he'll probably be shifted to wing. Given his production today with this team, that's right on pace for what I think we want.

Yeah! I file this right with those post from those that said the Stafford contract was good value and Leino was a great free agent signing because of his puck possession.

Briere and Connolly, the two most prolific 100 point scores (according to this board) to never score 100 points in a season. Hell, Briere cashed those imaginary points into $52 mil.

Briere earned every single penny in the postseason.

Edited by Darryl Shannon's +/-

Missing ten games (for getting in a shot lane and breaking a wrist/thumb) and if you project based on the missing games he's at 45 points assuming he closes out the season. That's still factoring in on about 25% of this teams scoring for the full year. Not too shabby for a 24 year old that most are slotting as a 2nd line center at best.

Looking at his future, you have to assume that after two top 3 draft picks, he'll probably be shifted to wing. Given his production today with this team, that's right on pace for what I think we want.

Briere earned every single penny in the postseason.

Actually, Briere is earning a bunch of those "pennies" to not play for the Flyers anymore.

Actually, Briere is earning a bunch of those "pennies" to not play for the Flyers anymore.

Buyout was $3.2M total over four years. In the time he was with the Flyers, he gave them 5 playoff years with greater than a PPG in the playoffs. Given how risky UFA pickups are, this may have been one of the best pickups with the newer CBA's?

if Kass was still on the sabres we would hear how he floats around most of the time and goes off the rails and makes the sabres the laughing stock of the league with his bushleague manchild outburts of stupidity............ instead we hear how he is everything we lack and you just gotta cut the guy some slack it was a split second decision and it;s not like he skated across the rink just to pile drive the guy into the boards from behind or anything

if Kass was still on the sabres we would hear how he floats around most of the time and goes off the rails and makes the sabres the laughing stock of the league with his bushleague manchild outburts of stupidity............ instead we hear how he is everything we lack and you just gotta cut the guy some slack it was a split second decision and it;s not like he skated across the rink just to pile drive the guy into the boards from behind or anything

This. If he was still here, he'd just be more proof that Darcy drafts the wrong guys.

He's good at punching people and getting suspended. Wow.

You point out the posts where I've said good things about Connolly, Leino, and/or Stafford. I'm guessing that you're going to have to reach into the first six months of Leino (if even that), and the first year or two of the other two.

All you have to do is look at who started the get rid of Stafford thread, ffs.

Hodgson is not comparable to those.

And Kassian is.