Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

Your double standard is evident nevertheless. Scott, Kaleta = bad; Kassian = well, that happens if you are a guy who plays on the edge.

When did I ever say Kaleta was "bad?" I wouldn't lump Kaleta and Scott together. Kaleta does have some hockey skills and can play a regular shift. You seem to have forgone accuracy in an attempt to somehow legitimize John Scott as a hockey player.

If you want to have a discussion regarding Kaleta and Kassian I'm up for it. Let's just not embarrass either player by comparing them to John Scott.

In no way am I attempting to legitimize John Scott as a hockey player. He has his job, necessitated by the league's inaction, and does it.

If I misremembered your position on Kaleta, I do apologize.

In any event, Kassian is dirtier than Scott, even if he's a better hockey player.

Kaleta's "hit" on Richards was "a stupid gamle". This is a more like a "stupid, reckless and dangerous gamble",

Even if Dillion turns into him, it's a late hit, by miles?

And potentially boarding as the player is out from he boards and he'd be crushing him into the boards at that angle. There's just no good decision there. HIs best bet is to keep skating hard and chase the puck into the zone..

In no way am I attempting to legitimize John Scott as a hockey player. He has his job, necessitated by the league's inaction, and does it.

If I misremembered your position on Kaleta, I do apologize.

In any event, Kassian is dirtier than Scott, even if he's a better hockey player.

Kassian, like Kaleta, is reckless, as you pointed out Scott has one job on the ice which makes his actions deliberate.

Kassian, like Kaleta, is reckless, as you pointed out Scott has one job on the ice which makes his actions deliberate.

When Scott fights it's deliberate. He's not running around laying out people with dirty hits like the other two.

In any event. This trade looks better every time Kassian is in the news, which is seldom for helping his team win hockey games.

Edited by Eleven

And potentially boarding as the player is out from he boards and he'd be crushing him into the boards at that angle. There's just no good decision there. HIs best bet is to keep skating hard and chase the puck into the zone..

We're talking fractions of a second. I would think it would be near impossible to disengage once the decision is made to throw the hit no matter was the target does.

Looking at Kassian's reaction he knew right away he screwed up. He didn't give the bewildered John Scott "what do mean I can't elbow a player in the head from behind" look like he did after the attack on Ericksson.

We're talking fractions of a second. I would think it would be near impossible to disengage once the decision is made to throw the hit no matter was the target does.

Looking at Kassian's reaction he knew right away he screwed up. He didn't give the bewildered John Scott "what do mean I can't elbow a player in the head from behind" look like he did after the attack on Ericksson.

That's exactly what he did. Take the blinders off.

I thought he gave that exact look. Or did he throw his helmet back on the ice because he was being introspective and reflecting on his poor decisions?

When Scott fights it's deliberate. He's not running around laying out people with dirty hits like the other two.

In any event. This trade looks better every time Kassian is in the news, which is seldom for helping his team win hockey games.

How many games did Ericksson miss again?

The "trade" looks better every time Cody Hodgson floats around the ice disinterested which is pretty much most nights. Which is far more often that Kassian's indiscretions.

fb2cb0c0-a59f-11e3-b16c-d384aa21c9b9_1n0ybFM.gif

Edited by deluca67

Loui Eriksson? One accidental bad hit doesn't equate to a career as a dirty player.

As for the trade: What do you think Kassian would bring in return if Van City wanted to trade him right now? What about Hodgson?

Or, which is the more likely scenario, is that he didn't think the hit was enough to warrant being rejected from the game.

No, he was pretty frustrated with himself, as seen immediately after the hit. Like you said above.

Edited by Eleven

Loui Eriksson? One accidental bad hit doesn't equate to a career as a dirty player.

As for the trade: What do you think Kassian would bring in return if Van City wanted to trade him right now? What about Hodgson?

No, he was pretty frustrated with himself, as seen immediately after the hit.

"Accidental bad hit", is that Latin for intentionally going after a star players head?

A playoff team would have more interest in Kassian's physical game than Hodgson's floating and bloated contract.

"Accidental bad hit", is that Latin for intentionally going after a star players head?

A playoff team would have more interest in Kassian's physical game than Hodgson's floating and bloated contract.

This is getting comical.