Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

• 7 months later...
All of a sudden Zack Kassian can’t miss

Six days ago, Zack Kassian was made a healthy scratch for the ninth time this season and it seemed a foregone conclusion he was not long for Vancouver, assuming Canucks GM Jim Benning could ferret out some semblance of a return in a trade.

Yada, yada, yada, Kassian scored his fourth goal in three games last night in Boston, helping the Canucks to a 2-1 victory over the Bruins.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/25/all-of-a-sudden-zack-kassian-cant-miss/

All of a sudden Zack Kassian can’t miss

Six days ago, Zack Kassian was made a healthy scratch for the ninth time this season and it seemed a foregone conclusion he was not long for Vancouver, assuming Canucks GM Jim Benning could ferret out some semblance of a return in a trade.

Yada, yada, yada, Kassian scored his fourth goal in three games last night in Boston, helping the Canucks to a 2-1 victory over the Bruins.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/25/all-of-a-sudden-zack-kassian-cant-miss/

both have done nothing but suck and show flashes.  

With foligno, deslauriers, stewart, bogosian, and zadorov, I'd still rather take the one with the offensive potential than the one with the physical potential.

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

KILL IT!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY!!!

Apparently I have the power to make it go away. I had no idea I started this thread.

NO, NO, NO this thread must remain alive and vibrant to remind us of the last thing DR did before being banished to the desert. By bringing Cody here and signing him to a long term contract ,so we must endure martyrdom till the end of the DR era by keeping this thread open.

Edited by Woods-Racer

With foligno, deslauriers, stewart, bogosian, and zadorov, I'd still rather take the one with the offensive potential than the one with the physical potential.

Right now that one is Kassian. Hodgson has one more goal than John Scott this season. 

Unfortunately Hodgson doesn't fit into either of those categories.

Right now that one is Kassian. Hodgson has one more goal than John Scott this season. 

Unfortunately Hodgson doesn't fit into either of those categories.

First, you have to judge a trade on the information available at the time.  When it went down, any GM in the league would have rated Cody much higher on "offensive potential" than Zack.  Second, before this season, Cody was far more productive than Zack.  He was averaging a fairly consistent 20-25G, 25-30A, ~50P (per 82GP) pace versus Zack's maybe (less consistent, so based mainly off of last season) 15G, 15-20A, 30-35P pace.  This season, Cody has a scoring on 3.7% of shots, whereas Zack is scoring on 19.6%.  Neither one of those is sustainable.  I would still be willing to bet that Cody has a 50P season again before Zack does (even after scaling for GP.)  It just may have to be somewhere else for him to get his head on straight.

First, you have to judge a trade on the information available at the time.  When it went down, any GM in the league would have rated Cody much higher on "offensive potential" than Zack.  Second, before this season, Cody was far more productive than Zack.  He was averaging a fairly consistent 20-25G, 25-30A, ~50P (per 82GP) pace versus Zack's maybe (less consistent, so based mainly off of last season) 15G, 15-20A, 30-35P pace.  This season, Cody has a scoring on 3.7% of shots, whereas Zack is scoring on 19.6%.  Neither one of those is sustainable.  I would still be willing to bet that Cody has a 50P season again before Zack does (even after scaling for GP.)  It just may have to be somewhere else for him to get his head on straight.

Somewhere else like the 2nd line and not the 4th line getting 5 minutes a night. That's all it is. He needs talented players around him that can finish, otherwise the assists don't come. That is not Matt Ellis.

Somebody is lurking, and pounced on her name change.  What a weirdo.

That's downright creeper status.

So, I first thought it was being suggested that Chz had, in the past, posted a curiously Ghost-like sentiment about Kassian. Honestly. That is what I thought. Then I thought it was being suggested that Ghost had registered a visit to Chz's profile when Chz changed Chz's screen name to something Rooskified. At which point, I was like, "Guys. NBD." 

Then I figured out what had actually happened.

And, yeah. A little weird.

Will you want the screen name back when Ghost is done with it, Chz? I mean, who knows what he'll have done to it in the time he had it. :o  

Not that I am telling you guys and gal how to run this show, but nfreeman should have finished the deal then and not just banned him from posting for 90 days.

Now, now.