Fight night 2/16/12 Buffalo at Philly

Weave

Win, Lose, Draw  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Kassian at Sestito

• Win Kassian
    • Win Sestito
    • Draw

Kassian seems to ask for this fight after Sestito gives a little shove in the crease. Sestito gladly obliges and proceeds to throw and land alot of punches. Just as I was starting to think Zack was going to get his ass handed to him he lands a bomb to Sestito's temple and another right after. And down goes Sestito. looks like a solid knockdown win by Kassian. I think Sestito hit his head on the ice too. He definitely needed help off the ice.

About the only bright spot in the entire game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfuU_bay0kE

Kassian seems to ask for this fight after Sestito gives a little shove in the crease. Sestito gladly obliges and proceeds to throw and land alot of punches. Just as I was starting to think Zack was going to get his ass handed to him he lands a bomb to Sestito's temple and another right after. And down goes Sestito. looks like a solid knockdown win by Kassian. I think Sestito hit his head on the ice too. He definitely needed help off the ice.

About the only bright spot in the entire game.

That's a good take on the fight.

Fighting doesn't put any points on the board.

A good fight is supposed to fire a team up. That is the benefit right?

Kassian might of put the guy down and hurt him, but what the heck for?

It sure changed the momentum didn't it?

Win = Kassian

Loss= Sabres

Kass. Sestito threw more punches, but he was hitting a lot of air. Kass landed on top, and that's the tiebreaker for me.

Dude, this fight didn't need a tiebreaker. One guy needed help getting off the ice and never came back. That's the guy who lost.

Win Kassian. Nice to see the Sabres have a badass again.

Win = Kassian

Loss= Sabres

Fights aren't magic. They can't make a bad team good.

Win Kassian. That's all that matters in this thread.

Dude, this fight didn't need a tiebreaker. One guy needed help getting off the ice and never came back. That's the guy who lost.

I love the simplicity.

I wonder if this is why Kassian has been reluctant to be physical - maybe he's afraid of being stuck in the role of a goon. He's obviously a very good pugilist. Perhaps he wants to suppress that as long as he can so his rep is built upon his skill first.

I wonder if this is why Kassian has been reluctant to be physical - maybe he's afraid of being stuck in the role of a goon. He's obviously a very good pugilist. Perhaps he wants to suppress that as long as he can so his rep is built upon his skill first.

He already has a few strikes against him. The Bar fight. A lengthy suspension for a wicked elbow in Windsor. The suspension in the World Juniors.

Win = Kassian

Loss= Sabres

I made a very similar point after the Bruins game, and I agree.

That, I missed. I was driving during the fight, and the vid didn't show that. So yeah, no tiebreaker needed at all.

I am sure good old Lindy is up to his old tricks, trying to change Kassien...he trie to change everybody to something they are not. Any other team would let Kassien be himself, and go out and intimidate opponents, ala Lucic. You don't see Boston telling Lucic, or any other player for that matter, to "tone it down", as I'm sure Lindy is tellng Kassien. I love Kassien, and hate to see him destroyed the way so many other players have been by Lindy. Imagine the guy on Philly???

I am sure good old Lindy is up to his old tricks, trying to change Kassien...he trie to change everybody to something they are not. Any other team would let Kassien be himself, and go out and intimidate opponents, ala Lucic. You don't see Boston telling Lucic, or any other player for that matter, to "tone it down", as I'm sure Lindy is tellng Kassien. I love Kassien, and hate to see him destroyed the way so many other players have been by Lindy. Imagine the guy on Philly???

Kassian.

Both of these are scary thoughts.

If Kassian wasn't so good at putting his head down into his shoulder pads I think Sestito might have killed him. Kassian needs to protect his head a bit better at the beginning. Still, he held on and got his shots and that I like. He definitely ended up the victor and to do that against an established goon is impressive.

I want Kassian to be primetime Keith Tkachuk... that's my hope :) I want 50 goals and 200PIM... I know it's a lot to ask for.

I want Kassian to be primetime Keith Tkachuk... that's my hope :) I want 50 goals and 200PIM... I know it's a lot to ask for.

I'd be perfectly content to see him become Scott Hartnell or Ryan Clowe. I am rather hoping he doesn't turn out to be Brad May. Although that would still be entertaining.

That draft position trade that resulted in Wnni getting Tkachuck and us getting May is one that will live in infamy. :doh:

Win = Kassian

Loss= Sabres

Yep, Kassian rocked him late but the 1 on the Flyers side ended up as a 7 and our 2 stayed as a 2.

Bad time to fight imo.

I'd be perfectly content to see him become Scott Hartnell or Ryan Clowe. I am rather hoping he doesn't turn out to be Brad May. Although that would still be entertaining.

That draft position trade that resulted in Wnni getting Tkachuck and us getting May is one that will live in infamy. :doh:

Indeed.. and Hartnell or Clowe would be fine as well.

Archived