The "Package" deal

inkman

Can we just have the site filter go all ####### whenever someone types the word package? How many of these vaunted package deals ever take place? Gretzky? Yashin? This ###### never happens so can we all just stop with the stupid trade so and so in a package deal BS. Thanks.

If you asked in August......Vanek, Myers, Stafford, Roy, Ehrhoff, Sekera, Miller, Ennis, Pominville????

I think Ink was asking the other way around...what one superstar player is a team going to give up in exchange for Vanek, Stafford, Roy, etc.

I think we could offer Columbus a better package for Nash than the Rangers could.

So about once every 7-8 years one of the leagues best players is traded for a bunch of players. What superstar are the Sabres going to unload a bunch of players for?

I hear you; please relax the massive calves. It was just an example.

Obviously, the Sabres are trading Adam, Stafford and Roy for Bobby Ryan and a first-rounder.

More seriously, the team could trade Stafford (if some other team thinks he needs a change of scenery) and another player or two in a deal. It doesn't have to bring back a superstar. It could just be the change that we all want.

LaFontaine?

So about once every 7-8 years one of the leagues best players is traded for a bunch of players. What superstar are the Sabres going to unload a bunch of players for?

I hear you; please relax the massive calves. It was just an example.

And here I thought you were guessing a name for Ink's ####.

Archived