Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Sorry to hear about Josie914's trouble.

A couple of things I'll recommend about recovering from apparently minor injuries from car accidents: (1) soft tissue stuff can take days to present itself and (2) depending on how she's wired/how upsetting the incident was, she may want to get some valium prescribed so that she can sleep.

Sorry to hear about Josie914's trouble.

A couple of things I'll recommend about recovering from apparently minor injuries from car accidents: (1) soft tissue stuff can take days to present itself and (2) depending on how she's wired/how upsetting the incident was, she may want to get some valium prescribed so that she can sleep.

We'll see about any additional meds but the doc gave her Flexeril and something else, so she should be good there :lol:

Insurance companies. No really.

Jo had a car accident today and State Farm was really helpful with getting everything handled for her claim, towing, and at some point here a rental car.

In the mean time we're sitting at Urgent Care so she can get her back looked at, so her next post in this thread should be about painkillers :P

Sorry to hear about the accident - hope everything is OK. I have had State Farm for years and when I had my accident back in '99, they were terrific. I did not have rental car coverage, but since it took so long to fix my (imported) car, they paid for it anyway... Their rates aren't too bad, either (but I do get a discount for having homeowners' with them as well...)

We'll see about any additional meds but the doc gave her Flexeril and something else, so she should be good there :lol:

i have zero medical expertise, but my point is this: when my wife got popped by a stolen car running a red light, she was given a whole fleet of drugs - pain killers, muscle relaxants, etc. but nothing like valium. she couldn't sleep - her nerves were still wound too tight. but valium did the trick, once she was given some (two days later).

it may be that 914 does not need it (and god willing she won't). just thought i'd throw it out there.

haha I totally didn't check this thread before posting about the accident in the f'n friday thread. All is well, considering. Thank you guys for your concern and thank you d4rk for being there for me.

Now let's see how goofy my posts can get when I'm on flexeril :P

I'd avoid professing your love to Chz, that didn't go work for the last person that tried it. You'd probably have some people obsessively checking the thread with one hand though. :)

I'd avoid professing your love to Chz, that didn't go work for the last person that tried it. You'd probably have some people obsessively checking the thread with one hand though. :)

haha oh I'm no longer in my experimental phase and there's no alcohol around... Chz hasn't got anything to worry about ;)

haha I totally didn't check this thread before posting about the accident in the f'n friday thread. All is well, considering. Thank you guys for your concern and thank you d4rk for being there for me.

Dom rode flexeril to several Harts, Vezinas, Cups, etc. Keep 'em away from d4rk. He's gonna be tempted.

Wasn't sure where else to put this, because we're well out from Complaint Thursday. So in a bit of stretch, I will say how awesome (read: terribly powerful) the effect "Midnight Cowboy" had on me this afternoon. I had never seen this movie, winner of the Academy Award in 1969, and it called out to me at the video store. I don't think I've ever felt worse in the hour after watching a movie than in the hour after this one. I've been depressed all through the holidays — thought I was coming out of it — but seeing this movie put me back in a very bad place. That is cinematic power. Awesomeness, almost.

Wasn't sure where else to put this, because we're well out from Complaint Thursday. So in a bit of stretch, I will say how awesome (read: terribly powerful) the effect "Midnight Cowboy" had on me this afternoon. I had never seen this movie, winner of the Academy Award in 1969, and it called out to me at the video store. I don't think I've ever felt worse in the hour after watching a movie than in the hour after this one. I've been depressed all through the holidays — thought I was coming out of it — but seeing this movie put me back in a very bad place. That is cinematic power. Awesomeness, almost.

I absolve you of your 2nd Hot Fudge Sundae........

And I give you a Steve Ott/ Mike Weber hug.........

Seriously, my small town still has a video store (and it's still 75% DVDs). None around you? When I was in there yesterday, a video was playing that mentioned this chain was expanding by x hundred new locations. Family Video.

There's one in Lancaster NY, another in Brockport. I'm sure there's one in Batavia because it's Batavia.

Seriously, my small town still has a video store (and it's still 75% DVDs). None around you? When I was in there yesterday, a video was playing that mentioned this chain was expanding by x hundred new locations. Family Video.

The last Blockbuster left around 10 years ago. I guess the closest thing would be a Redbox at the 7/11. For the 3 movies I watch a year, I just find Netflix or PPV more convenient.

There's one in Lancaster NY, another in Brockport. I'm sure there's one in Batavia because it's Batavia.

I think there's one on Hertel Ave.

The last Blockbuster left around 10 years ago. I guess the closest thing would be a Redbox at the 7/11. For the 3 movies I watch a year, I just find Netflix or PPV more convenient.

The last Blockbuster where? There was one on Elmwood about a year ago.

Agreed on Netflix.

skating / playing hockey outdoors, fifteen -twenty per side, men, women , boys, and girls until it get so cold have to take refuge in the hothouse and stand by potbellied wood burning stove with a cup of steaming hot chocolate cupped in hands to warm them. its great..

skating / playing hockey outdoors, fifteen -twenty per side, men, women , boys, and girls until it get so cold have to take refuge in the hothouse and stand by potbellied wood burning stove with a cup of steaming hot chocolate cupped in hands to warm them. its great..

:thumbsup:

Awesome. One of my fondest memories is playing shinny in Marsh Lake, YT in late January. While in the warming hut changing out of our gear, someone burst in and alerted us to the northern lights that just started. We all emptied out and the rink and parking lot lots were all turned off and we just watched them,… and drank.

took a few photo's of people shoveling a hockey rink, skating patch on Avon River in Stratford today, snow falling down. I just awesomely beautiful. It cool to watch older folks creep down to river, those who have not skated in years, giving it a go. Moms and Dads, taking children out regaled in Christmas hockey gear and skates. Such is some of the most precious memories of life.

Our school in Millbank, is a self sustained Mennonite school, we have built it and pay for it in all ways. The field that surrounds school serves as ball field in season, the boards are put up for rink to be flooded. As a group of people I believe we have a wonderful time each year skating and playing hockey, everyone included, young , old, men , women, boys, girls. The beaming looks of those participating is awesome , is special

:thumbsup: