OT - Tim Thomas takes a stand.....

That Aud Smell

You came in late.

That much is true. I have no idea what I've gotten into here.

I think it was someone named "Meathead" above who used it first. I only used the word after it was brought up that the site has it as a banned word and that people find it offensive. And no, the word was not "loaded" the last time I heard it used. The other "N" word, yes, but not ne gro. To me, it had no more negative connotation than "anglo, chicano, hispano," or any other words that define a people by their skin tone or other regional factor. New words are added to this PC lexicon of bad words all the time and frankly, I can't always keep up. You can call me a liar if you want it's the truth.

You are the expert on your experience...and I'm not one to call anyone a liar....but language changes rapidly - PC even seems a bit 90's to me now. If it is inconveniencing you now, just wait 10 years. :)

But since you bring it up, when's the last time you were in a place that you found yourself a minority amongst another ethnic group and you had to describe another person in conversation?

Everyday for most of the last 20 years.

Tell me even using the word "black" or "white" or even "hispanic" didn't come out of your mouth with a frog in your throat?

Only the first time.

To me, that's bullcrap and unnecessary and purely a left-wing creation. And being a progressive at heart, I find the whole censoring of words to be childish and embarrassing.

I think it much more a matter of good manners than censorship. But that's just me.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The Royal family...come on you can't be serious. They warrant now respect. They were born into position. That the complete opposite of how the U.S works. Bad comparison.

I feel as though people do not understand the difference between respect and agreement.

Oh I did, did I. How? You resort to extremes because your argument has no foundation. You have a lot of growing up to do. I you asked me to stop using a word that you found offesnive then I would. No questions asked. You have no right nor insight as to how or why someone finds something offensive.

And the correct term would be black or african american. It's a shame that we are even speaking of race and an even bigger shame that I have to explain the correct terminology.

When 90% of your posts state that those who disagree with you are not as smart as you, there's a problem -- and it ain't with the other people.

Doesn't ne gro essentially mean black though? And are Haitians African Americans? My arguments have plenty of foundation, you just choose to ignore them when talking to me directly and instead tell weave that you noticed what my meaning was, which is offensive to me and just another example of your arrogance.

But ok, put your money where your mouth is. Stop using the word "and". I find it offensive.

Oh for God's sake. African-Americans don't like the word. It isn't news, it isn't "censorship" and it certainly isn't that big of a deal, even if we're subjected to 100 annoying posts in the worst thread in 2 years.

Having said that, your last sentence was quite funny.

I say way to go Tim Thomas - love your passion and principles to not go with a bunch of lemmings to the White House to be congratulated by Obama. I say props to you for following your convictions, wish there were more of those like you !

link:

http://www.politico....ama-111928.html

By now you have probably discovered more than you really wanted to know about some of the people who post here. :rolleyes:

Is rolling four lines considered fascism?

I think it is drug abuse?

Just heard CNN Radio's report of TT's snub. They said that he skipped it because he "opposed the out-of-control growth of the federal government." That doesn't really jive with that quote from TT someone up there found....

Here is TT comment on his facebook page:

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

Archived