GDT: Sabres at Blues 1/21/12 8:00pm

deluca67

I certainly never have played outside of pond/street.

But you've been around long enough to remember "roll four lines!", and to know that we all loved it. (######, just checked your join date, and it's in '08. Hopefully you'll still remember the spirit of the community, if not the board.) That's all I'm sayin'.

I think you need to revisit my thoughts on "roll four lines". I'm well on record for thinking it was crap and that it meant that we didn't have a #1 line.

When do the firings start? Everyone has surmised that Ruff and Regier were safe barring a total collapse. Not to sound like BIll Clinton here, but what is the definition of "total"?

Ruff will survive January, but he will be fired 2/2. The Sabres will not improve until changes are made on the roster, but Ruff will be fired 2/2. I actually thought about starting a thread, but hell, why bother.

The Sabres will continue to be bad until the roster improves. They can be Columbus, which goes through coaches rather than players, or they can be sensible about it. Teams that improve with coaching changes always have roster changes attendant to that. (With one exception: NJ. They're screwy, and they won't win without Brodeur, anyway.)

I think you need to revisit my thoughts on "roll four lines". I'm well on record for thinking it was crap and that it meant that we didn't have a #1 line.

To play Devil's advocate, that didn't necessarily work out for Ottawa all those years when all they had was Heatley/Spezza/Alfredsson... that line was amazing, but when their opponent was able to shut them down, there was no secondary scoring to speak of.

If you have enough to drink, you can close your eyes for a second and remember what it was like when LaFontaine and Mogilny lit the lamp like a pinball machine.

It's satisfying for a few seconds.

And all those Cups they won.

I may need to. My apologies. I thought it was a decent system that brought the team its first piece of hardware since 1999. But we would both agree that neither a Wales trophy nor a Presidents' Trophy (why do I ALWAYS have to google whether the singular or plural is correct?!) is not what we really want.

Archived