GDT: Sabres at Blues 1/21/12 8:00pm

deluca67

Ruff will survive January, but he will be fired 2/2. The Sabres will not improve until changes are made on the roster, but Ruff will be fired 2/2. I actually thought about starting a thread, but hell, why bother.

The Sabres will continue to be bad until the roster improves. They can be Columbus, which goes through coaches rather than players, or they can be sensible about it. Teams that improve with coaching changes always have roster changes attendant to that. (With one exception: NJ. They're screwy, and they won't win without Brodeur, anyway.)

I don't know. I think the team will vastly improve IF they bring in a coach who will demand that the Sabres play a traditional defense, no more of this "offensive defense" that clearly is not working. Not to rehash the "System" thread, but I have come to believe (maybe wrong) that a HUGE part of the sabres problems come from coaching, and at this point, how could a new coach do worse???

Ruff will survive January, but he will be fired 2/2. The Sabres will not improve until changes are made on the roster, but Ruff will be fired 2/2. I actually thought about starting a thread, but hell, why bother.

The Sabres will continue to be bad until the roster improves. They can be Columbus, which goes through coaches rather than players, or they can be sensible about it. Teams that improve with coaching changes always have roster changes attendant to that. (With one exception: NJ. They're screwy, and they won't win without Brodeur, anyway.)

I don't know, they're doing alright this year and Brodeur has been the second best goalie on that team.

OMFG can everyone get over "Lucicgate?" That is only ONE of the reasons we suck. There are a lot more than just that one instance.

It's not a reason we suck. It just revealed how bad we suck. And our team got a good look at themselves that night and never recovered. The truth hurts.

As a fan, that game pretty much ended any interest I had in seeing Paul Gaustad play for my team ever again. But everyone got something different from seeing that debacle.

dammit

Ooooooh, they scored a goal. You KNOW they're gonna give up an empty netter. And the power play is over, no matter what Gare says. It's 2 separate penalties. They were into the 2nd penalty by the time they actually shot the puck.

Thanks.

Archived