GDT: Sabres at Islanders 1/14/12 7:00 P.M.

Wyldnwoody44

I hate that the GR radio feed on the web is a good 45 seconds delayed. Waiting for the Vanek penalty shot to happen I click over to twitter and I see he already hit the post before I even hear that Vanek is going to take the penalty shot.

I'm actually a little shocked at my complete lack of emotion on this loss.

I don't man. Iv'e come to the conclusion that you actually have no soul :P

Either that or you're smart enough to set optimism to rear.

It wasn't that bad a game until our shortened D bench ran out of gas. Myers had absolutely nothing by the end.

And of course no primary scoring from the sounds of it. Roy with 1 SOG and Pommers with 0. Weak. Although Roy scored on that 1 shot apparently.

When was the last time that Pat Kaleta had over 18 minutes TOI? Where's that Adam ice time thread ... 6 1/2 minutes?

Lindy has to go. As for people that say that a coaching change doesn't do anything, why have there been almost 200 coaching changes in the league since Lindy's been here then. Lindy's had 14 years to bring a Cup here, times up.

When was the last time that Pat Kaleta had over 18 minutes TOI? Where's that Adam ice time thread ... 6 1/2 minutes?

Adam is learning to play Lindys system. Instead of letting him center top line and do well like they were demote to 4th line and give hi 5 mins a game to work on his defensive awareness. Another headcase in the Lindy system

Adam is learning to play Lindys system. Instead of letting him center top line and do well like they were demote to 4th line and give hi 5 mins a game to work on his defensive awareness. Another headcase in the Lindy system

What could happen by giving him 15 minutes on the top line? They lose?

I'm not going to defend Ruff for Adam's minutes and lines, because he absolutely should be on the top line. Vanek and Pommer are still producing, but it seems their offensive zone time just isn't as high with Hecht out there (although I have no actual stats on this, just what it looks like to me). That being said, it's a very common practice for teams to break in young centers on the wing, so I don't necessarily hate that. But the invisible ice time is ridiculous, just send him down to Rochester if he's only going to get 6 minutes on the 4th line.

Archived